Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
    And enhances those bothersome lens flares...

I'll probably check out a 3D screening at the weekend. Would love to see this in IMAX.
    I've never really noticed the lens flares in previous JJ films but he overdoses on them in this one. There's one in nearly every scene. I guess it's now his trademark.

Comment

And enhances those bothersome lens flares...
      I am all hooked for those fuckers!

I'll probably check out a 3D screening at the weekend. Would love to see this in IMAX.
      Me too. I saw The Hobbit on an IMAX screen and it blew me the fuck away. And that wasn't an IMAX film at all.
      They did shoot the whole thing in IMAX format only. I mean, this is so damn great!
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
        I've never really noticed the lens flares in previous JJ films but he overdoses on them in this one. There's one in nearly every scene. I guess it's now his trademark.

lol

but honestly the lens flares are fine by me. Obviously an edgy trademark of Abrams.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
          I am all hooked for those fuckers!

Me too. I saw The Hobbit on an IMAX screen and it blew me the duck away. And that wasn't an IMAX film at all.
          They did shoot the whole thing in IMAX format only. I mean, this is so damn great!
          I may go to an IMAX screening. I was it at a regular theater in 3D and was blown away so IMAX would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

lol

but honestly the lens flares are fine by me. Obviously an edgy trademark of Abrams.

I don't mind them either.

Comment

Heading out the door to go see this in IMAX 3D. Will be back on later to spoil everything...

Comment

Well. Holy shit. This movie blew me away in a number of ways. I'm a life-long Trekkie and it definitely pleased me, more than Abrams first film. Even if your not a Trekkie and just love sci-fi action, this one comes out of space-dock flying and just never stops.

Cumberbatch really surprised me as "John Harrison". He owns the screen every time he appears. I still wish they had gone in another direction with his character...l'll just leave it at that to avoid any spoilers, but needless to say l was SHOCKED at the big reveal.

The 3D in this movie is some of the best l've ever seen, and as a fan of the medium l've seen A LOT. Phaser fire, space debris, and giant chunks of damaged star-ships are constantly flying at you. Every frame of this movie is GORGEOUS.

There are certain elements of the story l'm not too happy with- in a sci-fi sense- but as an overall Trek story this movie kicks ass, with plenty of references and turnabout to please many long-time fans, and most likely ALL the new fans that JJ won over with his last film. 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                  Well. Holy shit. This movie blew me away in a number of ways. I'm a life-long Trekkie and it definitely pleased me, more than Abrams first film. Even if your not a Trekkie and just love sci-fi action, this one comes out of space-dock flying and just never stops.

Cumberbatch really surprised me as "John Harrison". He owns the screen every time he appears. I still wish they had gone in another direction with his character...l'll just leave it at that to avoid any spoilers, but needless to say l was SHOCKED at the big reveal.

The 3D in this movie is some of the best l've ever seen, and as a fan of the medium l've seen A LOT. Phaser fire, space debris, and giant chunks of damaged star-ships are constantly flying at you. Every frame of this movie is GORGEOUS.

There are certain elements of the story l'm not too happy with- in a sci-fi sense- but as an overall Trek story this movie kicks ass, with plenty of references and turnabout to please many long-time fans, and most likely ALL the new fans that JJ won over with his last film. 9/10

Glad you liked it. Everyone seems to be on the same page with this film.

I too was shocked by the big twist. I'm so glad I didn't read any spoilers because that moment truly made my jaw drop.

Comment

Just saw this, non stop and one big constant rush.

No shock here, I went in expecting him to turn out to be who he was, and there were all kinds of clues he'd turn out to be who he was too.

Tho his back story seemed rather secondary to his utilization, sorta disappointing they didn't make better use of that.

Liked how they mention Mudd and the other thing they threw in

(trying to be spoiler free here, you'll know it when you see it.)

Can't wait for the next one, and yeah, IMAX 3D is the way to go here, unless you're one of those who's eyes can't handle it of course.
                    Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                    Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                    Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                    The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                    Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                    Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                    Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                    Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                    Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                    Garbage Special
                    Cardigans My Favorite Game
                    Living Colour Cult of Personality
                    Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
                    Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
                    Sasha D Russian Girls
                    Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post

Glad you liked it. Everyone seems to be on the same page with this film.
                      The last time whe had this here, was Django Unchained..if I am not mistaken.

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post

I am really tempted to travel 350km to a town, in which they show this in IMAX 3D. I did that for The Hobbit too.
                      Imagine a five story screen with the sharpest image ever and an overall damn good film too.
                      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Fuuuck I have to wait to see this until tomorrow. Tickets for tonight are sold out... I ordered mine for 2 pm tomorrow in 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          Fuuuck I have to wait to see this until tomorrow. Tickets for tonight are sold out... I ordered mine for 2 pm tomorrow in 3D.
                          I have to work screwy hours this weekend, so I won't be able to see it till Sunday at the earliest.

Reviews have been pretty great so far. Makes me even more excited to check it out. The way the reviews tiptoe around spoilers leads me to belief my initial thought was indeed true. Not a big deal. Still pumped.

Comment

Going to see this again tomorrow and I'm going sit really close to the screen so I can be really immersed in the 3D.

Comment

My drive in is sadly not playing this (they played the first one...) I'll probably wait for DVD but it does look really good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                                My drive in is sadly not playing this (they played the first one...) I'll probably wait for DVD but it does look really good.
                                Hopefully they get it. It does deserve to be seen on the big screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X