Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

The sequel to the 2005 flick is shaping up with a pretty impressive cast.

Josh Brolin is taking over from Clive Owen as Dwight and previous cast members, Mickey Rourke, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba and Jamie King are returning.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is also onboard.

I loved the first film so I'm really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Rusted; 01-09-2013, 03:40 AM.

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    The sequel to the 1995 flick is shaping up with a pretty impressive cast
    Wut?

Anyway, I'm really hoping that this will finally get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
      Wut?

Anyway, I'm really hoping that this will finally get made.

Comment

I figured that, I just felt the need to point it out.

It's kinda odd that there hasn't been a sequel yet, since it came out around 8 years ago and was a pretty big hit. Like I said in my previous post, I really hope that there's finally going to be a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
          I figured that, I just felt the need to point it out.

It's kinda odd that there hasn't been a sequel yet, since it came out around 8 years ago and was a pretty big hit. Like I said in my previous post, I really hope that there's finally going to be a sequel.
          A sequel was always on the cards. There's been rumors about this for years.

Rodriguez has just been busy doing Machete, Grindhouse, Spy Kids etc.

Comment

I remember experiencing Sin City in theater. The image was razor sharp and the atmosphere great.
            I hope they can keep pace up with the fantastic first part.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

A sequel was always on the cards. There's been rumors about this for years.

Rodriguez has just been busy doing Machete, Grindhouse, Spy Kids etc.
              I know, I just expected it to get made earlier since there's always been rumors about it getting made that year or that year and so on.

Comment

Sucks that Clive Owen isn't returning, he was pretty good in the first one. I also read that the actress that played Miho isn't returning as well. I would also think it is pretty safe to say that Britany Murphy won't be returning either.

"chirp chirp"

Too soon?

Comment

Finally this is happening! Been excited ever since they announced it in like 2006 or something.

Anywho... Sin City is an amazing film. Honestly, I like it almost as much as I like Pulp Fiction. Wanna fight about it?

Comment

Didn't this take so damn long, because the studio was pissed off with Grindhouse's box office? I remember Rodriguez was all set to begin filming, and then it got delayed and delayed, after Grindhouse tanked.

Glad it's getting made, but I think they missed the hype train. I also don't know what to think of it being just one story either. The anthology format was half of Sin City's charm. I've read the story, and it's good, but a weaker story than the ones found in the original. It's a straight noir tale, with a twist you see coming a mile away. Hopefully, Rodriguez tweaks the script a bit, to make things a little less obvious.

Comment

Josh Brolin is taking over from Clive Owen as Dwight and previous cast members, Mickey Rourke, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba and Jamie King are returning.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is also onboard.
                      This sounds awesome because I'm not a huge fan of Clive Owen and personally felt he was the weak link in the first Sin City film, Josh Brolin is a huge upgrade, at least imo. JGL is also very big plus

Comment

Originally posted by Frey View Post
                        I would also think it is pretty safe to say that Britany Murphy won't be returning either.

"chirp chirp"

Too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                          Love that film.

And yeah, I also like Brolin more than Owen.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            Didn't this take so damn long, because the studio was pissed off with Grindhouse's box office? I remember Rodriguez was all set to begin filming, and then it got delayed and delayed, after Grindhouse tanked.

Glad it's getting made, but I think they missed the hype train. I also don't know what to think of it being just one story either. The anthology format was half of Sin City's charm. I've read the story, and it's good, but a weaker story than the ones found in the original. It's a straight noir tale, with a twist you see coming a mile away. Hopefully, Rodriguez tweaks the script a bit, to make things a little less obvious.
                            Going by this article the new film is a combination of three stories.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR weaves together two of Millerís classic stories with new tales in which the town's most hard-boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more repulsive inhabitants.

Comment

Awesome

I too liked the first, not sure how it'll be seeing the Dwight change but hopefully they'll do a good job. Surprised it took so fucking long.
                              A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X