The Following 2013 Fox TV Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Following 2013 Fox TV Series

This is a new series starring Kevin Bacon from Scream writer Kevin Williamson about a charismatic serial killer who breaks out of prison and recruits other potential serial killers to the calling. Bacon plays an FBI profiler who had tracked down killer Joe Carroll (played by James Purefoy) in the past and now takes up the hunt once again.

I caught the pilot last night and have to say I enjoyed it. I realize it was just once episode, but the tone seems fairly solid and there are good people cast in supporting roles.

Thoughts?

It's on my radar since I saw a teaser featuring Kevin Bacon. He is the main reason to check it out, but now realizing that there is a dark theme present too...count me in. Maybe its a good one, we'll see.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I enjoyed it! With MNF off the air it's an instant watch!

Comment

I really liked it. IIRC it's gonna be 14 EPs total? Like how they've been doinge these "12 hour" stories, like what was it, Something Island? Great to really have something to sink your teeth into like this so long as it's pretty decent or better.
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
        Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
        The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
        Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
        Nightcore Land Of Confusion
        Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
        Rend Collective My Lighthouse
        Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
        Garbage Special
        Cardigans My Favorite Game
        Living Colour Cult of Personality
        Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
        Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

Comment

I cant wait to see how this goes. They had me hooked when :SPOILER: that crazy chick stabbed her self in the eye! As long as they continue with a good plot and blood I'll keep watching.

Comment

I wonder how many more cult members they'll introduce as the series progresses. Like, will Carroll's following only consist of a few members or will it be widespread. Maybe he's building an army like that Serial Killer from Cobra. So far we've had [SPOILER]the chick who stabs herself, the "gay" neighbors, the babysitter, the prison guard and the psycho in the Poe mask. [/SPOILER]
            57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Love the series so far!

Comment

The Following is my favorite new series. Has a X-files/Lost feel to it.
                Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                  The Following is my favorite new series. Has a X-files/Lost feel to it.
                  It's my new favorite as well! When that guy dressed up as Poe lit that dude on fire it was sweeeeeet!

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                    I wonder how many more cult members they'll introduce as the series progresses. Like, will Carroll's following only consist of a few members or will it be widespread. Maybe he's building an army like that Serial Killer from Cobra. So far we've had [SPOILER]the chick who stabs herself, the "gay" neighbors, the babysitter, the prison guard and the psycho in the Poe mask. [/SPOILER]
                    I think the magic number at least for the first season will be 9[SPOILER] judging by the 9 different hand writing samples found on the walls of the babysitter's house[/SPOILER], but who knows it's only the 2nd episode. So after last night's episode I think there's 13 more episodes and no breaks which will be great! I hate it when they skip weeks to milk the length of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      It's my new favorite as well! When that guy dressed up as Poe lit that dude on fire it was sweeeeeet!
                      Yeah and when that Poe mask moved in the house...didn't see that coming

I think I have found my Halloween mask...
                      Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Anyone else digging the soundtrack for the show? I liked the use of Marilyn Manson's cover of "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" (Although the best use of that song was in Trick 'r Treat) as well as the use of Deftones' "Change (In the House of Flies)" during the scene where [SPOILER]the mother's killed[/SPOILER].
                        57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Working...
                        X