X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FULL TRAILER

Looks great.

Comment

I'm pretty friggin excited for this one!

Comment

FIRST REACTIONS.

Sounds like PTA has crafted another masterpiece. No surprises there.

Comment

Joaquin Phoenix is a force and PTA has yet to disappoint me. I might have to make a rare trip to the theatres for this one.
          Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM.
          LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

[YOUTUBE]fJ1O1vb9AUU[/YOUTUBE]

There was a showing yesterday and the reviews are phenomenal.

People are saying Oscars for this one. Im hoping for a Joaquin Phoenix/Daniel Day Lewis race for best actor.

This is going to be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
              [YOUTUBE]fJ1O1vb9AUU[/YOUTUBE]

There was a showing yesterday and the reviews are phenomenal.

People are saying Oscars for this one. Im hoping for a Joaquin Phoenix/Daniel Day Lewis race for best actor.

This is going to be incredible.
              SO. STOKED!!

Comment

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                SO. STOKED!!
                Yup... this has been my most anticipated film this year (well... maybe tied with Prometheus).

From what I've heard its very strange and "uncommercial"... whatever that means. Greenwood's score is excellent and the trailer makes it look incredible. In a way it looks likes a great companion piece to There Will Be Blood.

Also, this is hitting theaters in September... which isn't far off at all

Apparently they switched the release date with another movie because the producers thought The Master "needed to be seen".

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  [YOUTUBE]1WTM8eO1Oec[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, this is gonna be weird and awesome.
                  I love this trailer. I watched it four or so times in a row the first time I saw it a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                  FIRST REACTIONS.

Sounds like PTA has crafted another masterpiece. No surprises there.
                  Lucky fucks. I wish that could happen out here, though I probably wouldn't be there if it did. It sounded and looked amazing from what I knew about it before reading these, but now I'm all too sure about this one. Can't wait.

Comment

Never let me down yet and this seems to be no exception. I'm hoping to catch this in theaters!

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                      Yup... this has been my most anticipated film this year (well... maybe tied with Prometheus).

From what I've heard its very strange and "uncommercial"... whatever that means. Greenwood's score is excellent and the trailer makes it look incredible. In a way it looks likes a great companion piece to There Will Be Blood.

Also, this is hitting theaters in September... which isn't far off at all

Apparently they switched the release date with another movie because the producers thought The Master "needed to be seen".
                      The reviews and audience reactions so far have been stellar. Some say it's like a fever dream and the acting is out of this world.

Cannot wait to see this film.

Comment

I'm in the 'it's fantastic' camp for this one, rather than the 'it's pretensions, meaningless horse-shit' camp. That seems to be the only opinions on it.

I feel that most of the people that I've spoken to that have dismissed it as being pretentious, and there are many, are looking too deep into it for answers and meanings when really it's quite simple. That's not to say that there can't be multiple interpretations, but dismissing it completely because YOU can't make sense of it is horse-raddish.

Like There Will Be Blood, The Master takes it's mother-fucking time, but remains totally captivating with it's beautiful cinematography, brilliant score, and most of all, because of it's stellar performances across the board. Plot isn't necessarily the driving force here (much of the audience isn't getting that), this is a character study about the relationships and growth of it's main characters.

PT Anderson's abiltiy to get these consistently incredible performances out of his leads is impressive, but Joaquin Phoenix is on a whole other level, I've never seen a performance like it; the guy is not a stable human being. Witnessing an actor preform like this where he's at times on the brink of a Kinski-esque mental breakdown, then reels it in for some of the most subtle and restraint re-acting in one the best directed scenes I can recall seeing in modern times is impressive to say the least. The Oscar hasn't been this clear cut in years.
                        Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM.
                        LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

I have my tickets and am seeing this tonight. Finally, after over a year and half of waiting.

Comment

10/10

Utterly confounding and provacative. Acted with insane talent and dedication. Gorgeous, shocking, striking, and unforgettable. A film about imperfect people finding solace in unethical, strange ways. A social commentary about belief, a knock on scientology, and above all else a story about two insane people who realize that nobody else understands what its like to be different. What an odd and incredible movie.

edit.

Regarding Joaquin Phoenix. He matches, if not out-does anything any actor has done in a super long time. He has physically transformed and I'm personally concerned about his personal well-being after seeing this movie. Phoenix is terrifying.
                            Last edited by The Revelator; 10-01-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I can't wait to see this and the theater I'm going to is showing it in 70mm.

Comment

The Master (2012)

Here is a great Blog about all things PTA, highly recommended to all who dig not only his latest film.
                                And here a request, why you should see this in 70mm and 70mm only.

I really need to see this. I will blindly buy the Blu-ray, that's for sure.
                                Last edited by Santa; 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM.
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X