Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
    Still not showing where I am.

With the massive amounts of hype this film has been getting over the last few weeks I feel like it would've made a shit load of money.
    Well it's made over 10 million worldwide now on a 2 million dollar budget. Also it relied heavily on internet buzz and hype rather than tv spots, etc. For an indie film this is doing extremely well. I can also see it getting big in the home video market when the time comes. It does deserve to make more money box office wise IMO, but mainstream audiences are so close minded about different and raw material... they'd rather see crap like The Croods, GI Joe and Tyler Perry movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
      Well it's made over 10 million worldwide now on a 2 million dollar budget. Also it relied heavily on internet buzz and hype rather than tv spots, etc. For an indie film this is doing extremely well. I can also see it getting big in the home video market when the time comes. It does deserve to make more money box office wise IMO, but mainstream audiences are so close minded about different and raw material... they'd rather see crap like The Croods, GI Joe and Tyler Perry movies.
      Yeah, it's definitely doing well but the inclusion of Selena Gomez and Hudgens would be enough to get the mainstream audiences in the seats.

Hell, you just type "Spring Breakers" into Twitter and there's a shit load of stereotypical teenage girls talking about it. Granted, they seem to all hate it, but it's still getting loads of buzz. Should make a killing on DVD/Blu.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the new sig!

Comment

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post

Thanks for the new sig!
            No prob.

Comment

Describes over 50% of the girls I know they'll go lesbian for some attention.

Comment

I tried to describe this movie to a friend tonight and said it's Drive+Thirteen+Piranha 3D except even way more graphic nudity wise and without the fish.

Can't wait to watch this film again already.

Comment

Does anyone think this movie will make it to DVD? It isn't showing in my area
                  http://slayersragex.dvdaf.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SlayersRage View Post
                    Does anyone think this movie will make it to DVD? It isn't showing in my area
                    I looked online and July 2013 is the estimated date for DVD/Blu( I think)

Comment

I tried to describe this movie to a friend tonight and said it's Drive+Thirteen+Piranha 3D except even way more graphic nudity wise and without the fish.

Can't wait to watch this film again already.
                      Parts of it definitely reminded me of Drive.

Ugh, I hated those bitches in Thirteen.

I've said it already in another thread, but [SPOILER]the shootout at the end[/SPOILER] is on par with the mask scene in Drive in terms of coolness.
                      57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                        Parts of it definitely reminded me of Drive.

Ugh, I hated those bitches in Thirteen.

I've said it already in another thread, but [SPOILER]the shootout at the end[/SPOILER] is on par with the mask scene in Drive in terms of coolness.
                        Agreed, overall I liked this film just about as much as Drive. So much depth to both.

I love Thirteen, one of the very first DVD's I bought.

Comment

Agreed, overall I liked this film just about as much as Drive. So much depth to both.

It would be a good double feature.
                          57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Cliff Martinez did the score for this and Drive so it's probably no coincidence that they feel similar...

Comment

Thirteen is fucking fantastic.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                                Thirteen is fucking fantastic.
                                It is. Spring Breakers is definitely superior though.

Comment

Working...
                                X