Bates Motel on A&E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show just got pretty awesome.

Fucking great episode! Twisted, intense and I did not see that ending coming.

Loved the nod to the original Psycho where [SPOILER]Norman had no recollection about trying to kill his brother with the meat hammer. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
      Loved the nod to the original Psycho where [SPOILER]Norman had no recollection about trying to kill his brother with the meat hammer. [/SPOILER]
      Yeah I thought that was pretty cool.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        This show just got pretty awesome.

Fucking great episode! Twisted, intense and I did not see that ending coming.

I agree. This show is taking it's time but it's getting more intense with each episode. They're slowly showing how unhinged Norman really is and I'm liking the Twin Peaks feel, what with the town and all of its dirty secrets.

Comment

How could this possibly be any good?

I mean, Norman is supposed to be creepy and schizo and his mom is supposed to be dead. It's a modernized version of a gothic tale.

How is a story about some MILF and her son even related to that? iis the mom overbearing and controlling? Is Norman nebbish and neurotic. I suppose the insanity that ended in Psycho had to start some place, but in the present in suburban America under the aegis of a single mom raising her son? Please.

Things are going to have to go all Dexter and Breaking Bad really quick for this series to even have a snowball's chance of sticking around.

Robert Bloch and Alfred Hitchcock must be turning over in their graves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            I agree. This show is taking it's time but it's getting more intense with each episode. They're slowly showing how unhinged Norman really is and I'm liking the Twin Peaks feel, what with the town and all of its dirty secrets.
            Hmmm....

Maybe it's worth a look after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
              How could this possibly be any good?

I mean, Norman is supposed to be creepy and schizo and his mom is supposed to be dead. It's a modernized version of a gothic tale.

How is a story about some MILF and her son even related to that? iis the mom overbearing and controlling? Is Norman nebbish and neurotic. I suppose the insanity that ended in Psycho had to start some place, but in the present in suburban America under the aegis of a single mom raising her son? Please.

Things are going to have to go all Dexter and Breaking Bad really quick for this series to even have a snowball's chance of sticking around.

Robert Bloch and Alfred Hitchcock must be turning over in their graves.
              Give it a go.

They establish Norma as a controlling, domineering mother right from the get go, and Norman is unusual right from the start but they are peeling back the layers with him in each passing episode.

Comment

I like this show.

It's not compelling television... At least not yet but I think it has potential to become that. So yeah, I enjoy watching it so I guess I'm in it for the long haul.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

Norman needs to quit yelling at the chick with cystic fibrosis. Shes his only chance of ever getting laid. He thinks he has a shot with the cheerleader-type girl, but hes WRONG. Her boyfriend and his douchebag friends will be dunking Norman's head in the school toilet by mid-season.

Beyond that, l'm still thoroughly enjoying this show.

Comment

Just got renewed for a second season...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-by-ae/176949/

Comment

I wasn't too sure when I started this show, how it would work. Frankly, I'm still not sure it works. It has been pretty good so far, and the acting has been fantastic from the two leads.

Now, it still feels a bit like Psycho: The High School Years, but it seems like that has already been toned down a bit. The moment that gave me the biggest pause when less than a day after moving into town, Norman has 4 smokin' hot chicks after him. That felt really awkward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                        Just got renewed for a second season...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-by-ae/176949/

Awesome news, I just watched the pilot last night and I'm hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                          The moment that gave me the biggest pause when less than a day after moving into town, Norman has 4 smokin' hot chicks after him. That felt really awkward to me.
                          Maybe Vera Farmiga will make it all worthwhile when she finds out about the smokin' hot chicks and threatens to cut of Norman's dick with a pair of scissors?

(Oh, how I lust Vera Farmiga...)
                          Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                            Awesome news, I just watched the pilot last night and I'm hooked!
                            As a Brit, I am torrenting the frig out of this thing. And many others. Will watch the entire first season at some point.
                            Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

This show just keeps getting better with each episode. It's suspenseful and tense.

[SPOILER]It's weird seeing Norman getting laid seeing as he has such issues with women later on in life but it's good seeing Norma getting jealous and flipping out.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                                Norman needs to quit yelling at the chick with cystic fibrosis. Shes his only chance of ever getting laid. He thinks he has a shot with the cheerleader-type girl, but hes WRONG. Her boyfriend and his douchebag friends will be dunking Norman's head in the school toilet by mid-season.
                                [SPOILER]Okay. So l was wrong about Norman and the cheerleader-type girl. But whoddathunk his brother would help get him laid?!? This show seems to twist and turn like a knife in the gut. [/SPOILER]

Lovin it.

Comment

Working...
                                X