There Will Be Blood (2007)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Will Be Blood (2007)

Denny gibbons from IMDb describes it as: The film follows the rise to power of Daniel Plainview - a charismatic and ruthless oil prospector, driven to succeed by his intense hatred of others and desperate need to see any and all competitors fail. When he learns of oil-rich land in California that can be bought cheaply, he moves his operation there and begins manipulating and exploiting the local landowners into selling him their property. Using his young adopted son H.W. to project the image of a caring family man, Plainview gains the cooperation of almost all the locals with lofty promises to build schools and cultivate the land to make their community flourish. Over time, Plainview's gradual accumulation of wealth and power causes his true self to surface, and he begins to slowly alienate himself from everyone in his life.

I saw this film for the first time recently and was pretty blown away by it! I've never seen A Paul Thomas Anderson film before, and this was spectacular. Daniel Day Lewis give a sensational performance and the film is a kind of horror movie if you think about it, especially with it's The Shining-esque atonal score. The third act was full of some of the best dialogue I've seen in a film, utterly compelling! Its final moments were extremely haunting and unsettling and compelled me to instantly buy it on blu-ray (I caught it on the TV). The film looks like an absolute oil painting anway (pun intended) with its breath-taking cinematography.

It's a true classic in my eyes and I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts and I've found some really nice posters too:

There are loads of seriously great posters, I'd recommend googling them!
    P.S. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Ooh, I couldn't help but share this one

Comment

This is my favorite movie of all time. Ever since I saw it in 2007 it has held that title.

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
        Ooh, I couldn't help but share this one

derived from:

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
        It's a true classic in my eyes and I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts and I've found some really nice posters too:

Thanks for sharing them, there are tons of awesome artwork especially for this movie out there.
        I had this over several years framed in my living room:

Been looking for this one for ages, but prices are still ridiculously high:

Those are fine pieces too:

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

A brilliant film and one of the finest performances from a leading actor ever to grace the screen.

Comment

A mesmerizing masterpiece. Beautiful and nightmarish.

I was fucking drained when I got out of the theater after watching it for the first time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Santa Sangre;2674576]

I love that one! I only just clicked that it's a religious cross, which perfectly sums up the film with Daniel and Paul fighting for power in totally different ways.

[CENTER]

This is great. It reminds me of [SPOILER]the end of The Cabin in the Woods[/SPOILER] really amazing work.

Comment

Havn't seen this yet...but will buy it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  Havn't seen this yet...but will buy it soon.

SEE IT NOW

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                    I was fucking drained when I got out of the theater after watching it for the first time.
                    DRAAAAAINAGE!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X