X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wolverine (2013)

In theaters July 26th.

Synopsis...
    In modern day Japan, Wolverine is out of his depth in an unknown world as he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.

[youtube]WEbzZP-_Ssc[/youtube]

Can't wait to see Logan take on The Hand.

Comment

Looks alright.

I think I'm a bit over Wolverine. There are so many interesting characters in the X Men universe but Wolverine is always in the spotlight.

I want a Magneto movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
        Looks alright.

I think I'm a bit over Wolverine. There are so many interesting characters in the X Men universe but Wolverine is always in the spotlight.

I want a Magneto movie.
        This.

Wolverine is overrated and the first film was terrible. I'll most likely see this on DVD but I am WAY more excited for the next X-Men film in 2014.
        Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
          This.

Wolverine is overrated and the first film was terrible. I'll most likely see this on DVD but I am WAY more excited for the next X-Men film in 2014.
          The origins movie was pretty crappy. Unless the reviews are stellar, I'll probably skip this one at the cinema.

Comment

i used to love wolverine, when he would get an occasional spotlight (uncanny #133, the wolverine limited series by miller and claremont, uncanny 172 and 173), but as he became the lead xman, he became far less interesting. like the punisher, i feel like wolverine always worked best as a supporting character: he's so cool, don't give us too much. but i am looking a little forward to this one (i didn't see origins), because it supposedly hews somewhat to the miller/claremont mini.

2015 all-genre draft
            1. hero at large (1980)
            2. mystery men (1999)
            3. super (2010)
            4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
            5. batman returns (1992)
            6, spider-man strikes back (197
            7. the specials (2000)
            8. darkman (1990)
            9. supergirl (1984)
            10. defendor (2009)

Comment

The origins movie was pretty crappy. Unless the reviews are stellar, I'll probably skip this one at the cinema.
              A Magneto movie would've been sweet but I remember someone saying that it was canceled in favor of First Class.

Yeah If the reviews are stellar my interest in it will definitely spike.
              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                A Magneto movie would've been sweet but I remember someone saying that it was canceled in favor of First Class.

Yeah If the reviews are stellar my interest in it will definitely spike.
                That makes sense. First Class did explain and show a lot of Mangentos beginning.

Comment

That makes sense. First Class did explain and show a lot of Mangentos beginning.
                  First Class was the better option. Plus the Magneto movie had David S. Goyer attached as writer & director.
                  Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

I'm a big X-Men fan, but I've had just about enough of Wolverine. The last film was disappointing, and while the trailer doesn't look too bad it doesn't exactly set my world on fire either.

Comment

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                      i used to love wolverine, when he would get an occasional spotlight (uncanny #133, the wolverine limited series by miller and claremont, uncanny 172 and 173), but as he became the lead xman, he became far less interesting. like the punisher, i feel like wolverine always worked best as a supporting character: he's so cool, don't give us too much. but i am looking a little forward to this one (i didn't see origins), because it supposedly hews somewhat to the miller/claremont mini.
                      That's why I'm excited too. Yeah, the way Wolverine has been scooped up into the mainstream does extinguish most of his appeal.

At least this movie is trying to service some of us old school fans; I'll take what I can get until they get around to a Hulk vs Wolverine movie.

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                        At least this movie is trying to service some of us old school fans; I'll take what I can get until they get around to a Hulk vs Wolverine movie.
                        that would be sweet. and yeah, the appeal of seeing some of that mini-series filmed is great. wolverine's battle with the bear and then the hunter, YUKIO, mariko, shingan, the hand, wolverine's relationship to japan, these would all be cool things to see. and did i see silver samurai in that trailer? i could get excited about that.

2015 all-genre draft
                        1. hero at large (1980)
                        2. mystery men (1999)
                        3. super (2010)
                        5. batman returns (1992)
                        7. the specials (2000)
                        8. darkman (1990)
                        9. supergirl (1984)
                        10. defendor (2009)

Comment

that would be sweet. and yeah, the appeal of seeing some of that mini-series filmed is great. wolverine's battle with the bear and then the hunter, YUKIO, mariko, shingan, the hand, wolverine's relationship to japan, these would all be cool things to see. and did i see silver samurai in that trailer? i could get excited about that.
                          That's definitely Silver Samurai, so yeah, stay excited bro.

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                            That's definitely Silver Samurai, so yeah, stay excited bro.
                            since that's the case, fuck it, let's get viper into a movie at some point soon.

2015 all-genre draft
                            1. hero at large (1980)
                            2. mystery men (1999)
                            3. super (2010)
                            5. batman returns (1992)
                            7. the specials (2000)
                            8. darkman (1990)
                            9. supergirl (1984)
                            10. defendor (2009)

Comment

since that's the case, fuck it, let's get viper into a movie at some point soon.
                              Ah, you gotta be just messing with me now, but if not...behold:

Comment

Working...
                              X