No announcement yet.

Hannibal (TV Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed the deer in the latest tv spots for the show? I wonder what's up with that.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
      Watched Manhunter for the first time last year and thought it was okay at best. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it or something. I only saw Rising once and thought it was pretty forgettable.
      I thought William Peterson did a better job playing the protagonist than Edward Norton in Red Dragon. I really like the music choices as well, like The Prime Movers' Strong As I Am and Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
        I thought William Peterson did a better job playing the protagonist than Edward Norton in Red Dragon. I really like the music choices as well, like The Prime Movers' Strong As I Am and Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
        I thought Peterson was good, but there are some hammy scenes. Like when he's investigating one of the crime scenes, and reciting his inner monologue out loud.

"You watched her from here didn't you, you son of a bitch! Then you followed her inside. Then you killed her. That's how you did it, wasn't it you bastard!"

Something along those lines. It's unintentionally hilarious.

This show looks promising. Mads is one hell of an actor.
        Last edited by Heretic; 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Speaking of Manhunter, what was with Michael Mann ripping off Comfortably Numb as the music during the climactic scenes in his movies during the eighties? He does it not only in Manhunter during that whole internal monologue out loud deal but also in Thief when Caan goes to Prosky's crib to blow those no good sons of bitches away.

[YOUTUBE]PsWq1MtI3vI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]p-cDz6FW62E[/YOUTUBE]

Go ahead; tell me I'm high.

I agree with Heretic about the unintentional hilarity of the inner monologue scene though. It was just so goddam contrived and borderline community theater.

As for the differing portrayals of Francis Dollarhyde; I guess I like both for different reasons. Even as dated as it is though, I lean toward Noonan's version. Much more imposing obviously but also I think that portrayal (especially the upholstery ripping) was more effective in evoking sympathy for Dollarhyde's internal struggle.

Comment

Show starts tonight at 10. Setting my DVR.

Comment

Damn, Hannibal was really good.

Comment

Damn, Hannibal was really good.
                Good to hear.

We are in the golden age of TV people, enjoy it.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                  Good to hear.

We are in the golden age of TV people, enjoy it.
                  The way they introduced Hannibal in the show was perfect. I also like how [SPOILER]he warned the other serial killer. It reminded me of him contacting The Tooth Fairy in Manhunter/Red Dragon.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Not a bad first episode. It was certainly a lot more bloody than I thought it would be and I loved the surreal touches.

It did feel a bit too CSI-ish at first, probably cause of Larry Fishbburn, but once Hannibal was introduced I felt it turned a corner. I'm not 100% sold on the guy playing Hannibal just yet but I'm interested in seeing what he does with the character.

There's loads of potential with this show.

Comment

Got it on TiVo, hope to get to it this afternoon
                      I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

What a fantastic pilot. Super stylish, well cast, well written and suprisingly very bloody already.

This has heaps of potential, one of the best pilots I've seen in ages.

Comment

I am a huge Mads Mikkelsen fan and when I found out he was playing Dr Hannibal Lecter in the new series "Hannibal", I was so excited.

Mads is the type of actor that he doesn't need to speak words, his facial expression is amazing.

I saw the first episode and I really liked it.

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                            Not a bad first episode. It was certainly a lot more bloody than I thought it would be and I loved the surreal touches.

It did feel a bit too CSI-ish at first, probably cause of Larry Fishbburn, but once Hannibal was introduced I felt it turned a corner. I'm not 100% sold on the guy playing Hannibal just yet but I'm interested in seeing what he does with the character.
                            Agreed, I dug the episode and am definitely going to continue watching. Fishburne was distracting imo, I like him but I'm not sold on his presence yet, it did seem CSI-ish with him around

Comment

The way they introduced Hannibal in the show was perfect. I also like how [SPOILER]he warned the other serial killer. It reminded me of him contacting The Tooth Fairy in Manhunter/Red Dragon.[/SPOILER]
                              Yeah, that was totally awesome. Loved the last 15 minutes.

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                              Agreed, I dug the episode and am definitely going to continue watching. Fishburne was distracting imo, I like him but I'm not sold on his presence yet, it did seem CSI-ish with him around
                              As someone who never watched any of the CSI shows, I'm glad this doesn't bother me.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that one of The Kids in the Hall is on the show?

I thought episode 2 was really good. Mushroom guy was a pretty unique serial killer. His modus operandi reminded me of Farmer Vincent from Motel Hell.

I'm not sure though whether a "serial killer of the week" formula will help or hurt the show.

Next week's episode looks to be a bit of a departure from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X