Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)

300: Rise of an Empire (2014)

300: Rise of an Empire is an upcoming 2014 American action film directed by Noam Murro. It is a follow-up to the 2006 film 300, taking place before, during, and after the events of that film.
    The Greek general Themistocles battles an invading army of Persians under the mortal-turned-god, Xerxes.

[YOUTUBE]2zqy21Z29ps[/YOUTUBE]

So... I wasn't excited for this at all when they announced it a while ago. Felt like it would be a cheap cash in that spreads the concept as thin as possible. But the trailer was JUST released and honest... it kind of looks badass. Thoughts?

I'm down for this!!
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

Looks cool.

Was just thinking it would be sweet if they would do a Mortal Kombat film in this visual style
      I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
        Looks cool.

Was just thinking it would be sweet if they would do a Mortal Kombat film in this visual style
        Yeah the style is really cool. I'm glad it doesn't look cheap like I imagined it would. Looks like the first (in a good way). I wonder how the story will be.

Comment

I watched the trailer earlier today and I'm stoked. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

This looks surprisingly great!

The first had some problems, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Comment

I'll probably pass on it. I didn't care for the first film.

Comment

The sequel that nobody was asking for looks surprisingly good.

I liked the first one so I'll check this out.

Plus, Lena Headey.

Comment

Looks like more of the same slow-motion extravaganza...

Pass.

Comment

Looks insanely good.

Comment

300: Rise of an Empire 4/5

Holy fucking wow. Color me very, very surprised. I went to see this expecting a rehash of the original but this blew me the fuck away.

This is the original x10. Everything is bigger and bolder. The prequel part of the story really works as it adds more meat to the plot, showing us how Xerxes became to be and what started the war with the Greeks. The sequel part ties into it really well showing us what goes during and after the events of the first flick.

Eva Green is batshit insane as the main villain and I really can't wait to see her in the next Sin City flick. Sullivan Stapleton is decent as the lead male, although he pulls a Sam Worthington with his Aus/American accent. David Wenham is back as is the hunchback character and so is the lovely Lena Headey. Seeing her go nuts with a sword is truly a sight to behold. I want to marry that woman.

It's shot in the same way as the first flick, but the visuals and 3D is eye popping. I find most 3D these days offer nothing at all but the 3D here is outstanding and actually adds to the story.

Most of the action is fought at sea and the battle scenes are epic. This is one blood thirsty flick with slicing and dicing, limb hacking, stabbings and beheadings galore, BUT 90% of the blood is CGI. I can look past this but for you that can't this element of the film will disappoint.

For a film that nobody was really asking for this really is kick ass and definitely deserves to be seen on the big screen in 3D.

Simply put, turn off your brain and revel in the eye popping, bloody carnage.

Comment

Yeah, this was surprisingly good.

I was never a fan of the original, but this was much better. The 3D really adds a lot to this kind of movie.

Comment

Most 3D films are shit but the 3D in this was outstanding. Really added to the story indeed.

I could easily go back to the theater to see this.

Comment

Seeing this Sunday afternoon.

I'm going in with moderate expectations.

Comment

Apparently there is a magnificent sex scene?

Comment

Working...
                              X