Under the Dome (TV Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the Dome (TV Series)

New mini series based off Stephen King's novel.

Synopsis...
    An invisible force field descends upon a small town in the northeastern part of the United States.

[youtube]u_J_iF83YUY[/youtube]
    Last edited by Deadly Fiend; 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM.

I read the book a few years ago. I want to see this even if its half as excellent as the novel.

Comment

Thought the pilot was pretty bad if I'm honest. There were some cool moments (the cow, all I'm saying) but it was totally killed by the hammy acting all-around and if there's one example of how musical score can really bring a tv show/movie down, this is it. Way too loud and dramatic, even for scenes that were more understated.

I'll keep watching for a few more episodes, but for now I'm not really sold.

King approves of (and is producing) this one, which says it all really.

Comment

I've got the first episode but am yet to watch it.

I've heard really good things so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

l remember enjoying the book, but this series is pretty underwhelming so far. The acting is atrocious, and a certain key sub-plot has been altered in a way that indicates this will be a less violent, family friendly network television adaptation. They tried that with The Tommyknockers and l still haven't gotten the taste of that bile out of my mouth.

l'll keep watching, but so far...

Comment

Damn, I had no idea this was out. I love the book so will give this a shot.

Comment

I'm not overly impressed so far. My biggest gripe so far, is that for a town trapped under a bizarre dome, they seem to be all taking it pretty well (one exception, of course). Where's the panic or curiosity? I'll definitely stick with it, but hopefully things will pick up a bit in upcoming episodes.

Comment

Good second episode. The Junior character is really stupid though...

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                  Good second episode. The Junior character is really stupid though...
                  Im going to check this out. I havent read the book but I might have to now.
                  "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

It's pretty good so far. Mike Vogel is good as always. But when does this usually air?
                    "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Originally posted by Daenerys View Post
                      It's pretty good so far. Mike Vogel is good as always. But when does this usually air?
                      Mondays at 10pm.

Comment

I enjoyed the pilot pretty well.. the 2nd ep though.. wow I thought it was horse shit from start to finish. I think what I loved about the pilot was the dome actually dropping then the panic mixed with all those crazy car accidents etc.. but now that the dome has actually dropped it lost a lot of steam.

Plus it has some super annoying characters.. that junior kid is just awful. Then those two at the radio station.. just blah.

Comment

Just got done with episode 3.

Yeah, this show sucks.

Comment

I still need to watch the third episode, but from what I've heard it wasn't that great.

Regardless, I'll probably still stick with this series until it ends.

Comment

I'm two episodes in, it's not hooking me yet. It's a very cool premise and I haven't read the King story but [SPOILER]killing off Fahey so soon didn't score the show any points with me[/SPOILER] and that Alexander Koch kid who plays Junior is while watching his attempt to act a wet paper bag comes to mind and his character is about as menacing as a kitten playing with string.

I'll give the show a couple more episodes but if it don't get better I'm out like Michael J Fox in a game of Jenga

Comment

Working...
                              X