X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This check went to the bills. Le sigh

Comment

• I think the next Criterion film that I may pick up soon is Naked Lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        Kind of scary/shocking news for lovers of Criterion Collection movies

Apparently certain discs from 2009 - 2010 are developing a "rot" or cloud that's causing playback issues.

Also apparently Eraserhead may have a replacement disc because apparently a few seconds of the film are missing.

I advise everybody to check this out and inspect their Criterions...

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/cr...uray-disc-rot/
        Checked yesterday a few from that list and they appear to be just fine. Didn't check 'em in the player though...
        Thanks for the info, Rev.
        Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
        Criterion has a bunch of shit I've never heard of. I do like their packaging but besides that I don't get what the big deal is with them. Why are their movies cost twice as much or more?
        One of the main reason is the often hassle to obtain the respective rights to their often obscure movie catalogue, which are often hard to track down. Afterwards they try to track down the most pristine print in order to scan it to HD via an expensive procedure, as well as restoring damaged audio elements, creating new and improved subtitles along with audiocommentaries and never-before-seen special features, specifically made for this edition.
        That's a lot of pricey stuff they have to attend to and we are speaking here of postproduction alone, not to mention the whole administrative efforts.
        I think the outcome justifies the price by a mile, just always keep in mind what they have to do beforehand in order to create awesomeness like editions of Eraserhead or Repo Man for instance.

I am so glad that such a company even exists, which dedicates their whole man power to classic movie preservation in such a distinct and perfect manner.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Just got Antichrist in the mail over the weekend.

That makes three in my blu-ray collection.

Antichrist
          Cronos
          Devil's Backbone

I also think I have The Life Aquatic on dvd. I'll have to get that one on blu-ray eventually.
          Last edited by Mr. Awesome; 06-07-2015, 05:27 PM.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
          A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
          http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Going to rewatch my Criterion Blu of Videodrome. *smiles-*

Comment

• Costco is selling Criterion blu-rays now. They don't have a big selection, but they're all $19.99

I took this picture while I was there today.

Mickey's Tavern Forum

Comment

• I picked up Fantastic Mr. Fox while I was there.

Mickey's Tavern Forum

Comment

• Would love to own some of these but unfortunately the website do not deliver to Australia and although I can get them from Amazon or Barnes and Noble the shipping is just way too much. Frustration at it's finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
                    Costco is selling Criterion blu-rays now. They don't have a big selection, but they're all $19.99
                    Fuck.

Another place to spend what little money I have.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Working...
                    X