Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are some masterful bootlegs out there of Woo's C.C.s Best way to be sure is to check the play side of you hard boiled disc and make sure it says "NIMBUS" in italics on the inner ring. there's some other signs but thats a sure bet bootleg if you don't have that
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis v.1
      there are some masterful bootlegs out there of Woo's C.C.s Best way to be sure is to check the play side of you hard boiled disc and make sure it says "NIMBUS" in italics on the inner ring. there's some other signs but thats a sure bet bootleg if you don't have that
      Mine says Nimbus. I know what to check for

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
      +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

God Dammit! Who would have thought Criterion would be double dipping. My copy of Seven Samurai is now obsolete, shit, shit.
        I wouldn't really call it a double dip. The new transfer is done with technology that wasn't available with the original release. I bought it last year but have no problem laying down the money for the new 3 disc set.

Comment

It looks as if the Brazil set has the same features. I'm not sure if it's the same transfer or not but I'm just going to wait for it to be released to buy it.

Comment

Well, i dont have Brazil on dvd as of yet so it'll be like christmas !

Comment

Have any of you seen Jigoku? I'm quite excited to see this one.

Comment

oh, i got of copy of Kurosawa's Stray Dog that's been watched only once that i'll maybe trade/sell
                I might be up for a trade for that. Give me a PM.

Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth. Personally I'm glad they're re-releasing some stuff that was otherwise unattainable. It's not like it's a bare bones disc either, the Seven Samurai disc is a 3-disc set, not a single disc like the original release. So I see it more as paying for more material if you're really into the film. I'd like to be able to see, and own, films without having to go broke.
                Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams
                  Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth. Personally I'm glad they're re-releasing some stuff that was otherwise unattainable. It's not like it's a bare bones disc either, the Seven Samurai disc is a 3-disc set, not a single disc like the original release. So I see it more as paying for more material if you're really into the film. I'd like to be able to see, and own, films without having to go broke.
                  I agree completely. I have no problem shelling out money for Seven Samurai because it's probably one of my top 3 favorite films of all time.

Comment

Man, the Criterion Collection fuckin' kicks ass....these releases alone make them stand out from the competition.

Diabolique
                    Harakiri
                    The Man Who Fell To Earth
                    Naked Lunch
                    Peeping Tom
                    The Vanishing
                    Carnival Of Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams
                      Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth.
                      I agree with you. I enjoy the Criterion releases and only buy the ones I know I will enjoy. I just think if Im going to shell out $40+ for a film, I should count it as an asset.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
                      +26 Trader

Comment

Originally posted by FatMike
                        Man, the Criterion Collection fuckin' kicks ass....these releases alone make them stand out from the competition.

Diabolique
                        Harakiri
                        The Man Who Fell To Earth
                        Naked Lunch
                        Peeping Tom
                        The Vanishing
                        Carnival Of Souls
                        The Carnival of Souls release is absolutely top notch. I've never seen Peeping Tom or The Man Who Fell to Earth. I've heard very good things about Peeping Tom, I just never got around to seeing it. The Man Who Fell to Earth I've heard a few negative things about. Everyone I know who has seen it says it drags alot and is kind of boring. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I could find someone to rent it from before I throw down $30 for a copy.

+26 Trader

Comment

Originally posted by Horrorholic
                          The Carnival of Souls release is absolutely top notch. I've never seen Peeping Tom or The Man Who Fell to Earth. I've heard very good things about Peeping Tom, I just never got around to seeing it. The Man Who Fell to Earth I've heard a few negative things about. Everyone I know who has seen it says it drags alot and is kind of boring. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I could find someone to rent it from before I throw down $30 for a copy.
                          The Man Who Fell To Earth is VERY hit or miss....the first time I watched it, I absolutely hated it. It's actually grown on me, the ending is truly weird...that's the only word I can use to describe it. Not even David Lynch weird, more like kissing your grandmother on the lips weird....

Comment

Originally posted by FatMike
                            The Vanishing
                            I drafted Spoorloos in the horror draft and still yet to own it on DVD. It's one of my favorite films of all time too. I really need to pull my head out of my ass and go buy it.

Comment

I lucked out living in Vegas...they had this place called Record City and they sold all their Criterions for a flat 20bucks! And if you bought three he charged 40! I got my Brazil, Vanishing, Insomnia all that way...people will pawn anything...suckas!

Comment

The only Criterion I've seen on sale here in the UK is the Beastie Boys one. We don't have them released here and I'd most of the time pay a decent price for our passable release than the higher priced imports. I have recently found a uk online site that has them at a reasonable price so that may change in the future... Or I'll just wait 'till I'm in the US. The price wouldn't bother me too much as DVDs here are generally a lot more expensive than there.

The only ones I own are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (as it was at the time unavailable here) and even though the Chasing Amy DVD is released by a different company here, it is the Criterion disc. And it was from a reputable store so probably not bootleg.

Comment

Working...
                                X