Connect with us

News

Go on a Spooky Mini-Game Filled Road Trip With Skeletons in ‘SPOOKWARE’, Out Today

Published

on

SpookWare, a horror riff on WarioWare was one of my favorite horror game experiences when it was released last year, and now, creator Adam Pype (who also made the creepy No Players Online) and his team has built on that brief slice and made a fully-fledged road trip adventure game stacked with more mini-game madness. The first three episodes of which are out today.

Published by Dread Central’s gaming sister site DreadXP, SPOOKWARE sees a trio of skeleton siblings decide to quit their routine of watching countless horror movies in their basement, and take off into the real world on an adventure that includes getting a band together in order to graduate high school, solving a murder mystery aboard a cruise liner, and fumbling your way to be the Gordon Ramsay of the dead. During these escapades, there are short mini-games that see you do all sorts of nutty horror-flavored things, from cutting off a head to playing the bongos in a battle against musicians.

I’ve been playing SPOOKWARE the last few days and I’m really into the absurd silliness and horror homages found in both the adventure itself and the mini-games. The second episode on the cruise liner, in particular, is something I’ve really enjoyed because the story was genuinely funny and all kinds of ridiculous.

You can buy SPOOKWARE now on PC

News

‘Alien Hunt’ – It’s an ‘Alien’ and ‘Predator’ Mockbuster Rolled into One! [Trailer]

Published

on

While you wait for Alien: Romulus, the folks over at Devilworks have cooked up their own slice of “mockbuster” fun with Alien Hunt, and we’re debuting the trailer here on BD this morning.

This brand-new sci-fi horror from director Aaron Mirtes (The Bigfoot Trap, Painted in Blood) is set for its US premiere on May 14, and you can find it on digital thanks to Devilworks.

You can exclusively watch the official trailer for Alien Hunt below, which looks to combine elements of Alien and Predator. This particular “mockbuster” has very little interest in hiding its inspirations, with the alien designs plucked straight out of H.R. Giger’s beautiful brain. Hey, if you’re going to pull from other movies, might as well take from the all-time greats!

In Alien Hunt, “On a hunting trip in the wilderness, a group of siblings discovers an abandoned military outpost on their land, but is it what it seems?

“Their trip takes a sinister turn when they find themselves facing off against a relentless army of extra-terrestrial beings. Suddenly, the hunters become the hunted.

“The formidable squad of alien soldiers will stop at nothing to wipe out the enemy and in an all-out, brutal battle for survival, it’s kill or be killed in Alien Hunt.”

Barron Boedecker (Escape Pod, The Bigfoot Trap), Brent Bentley (The Perfect In-Laws, Haunt Season), Deiondre Teagle (The Visitor, Painted in Blood, Death Ranch), Chelsey Fuller (The Bigfoot Trap, The Silent Natural), Jesse Santoyo (A Nashville Country Christmas, Potter’s Ground), and Adam Pietripaoli (The Bigfoot Trap, The OctoGames) star.

Continue Reading