No announcement yet.

This is England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to check this flick out. One that I keep meaning to watch then forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy View Post
      I need to check this flick out. One that I keep meaning to watch then forget about.
      You do need to check this out, such a good movie. All the actors are fantastic in their roles.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
        You do need to check this out, such a good movie. All the actors are fantastic in their roles.
        I did yesterday. Great little flick.

Did anyone from the UK check out This Is England '86?

Comment

Greeeeat mooovie

Comment

I did yesterday. Great little flick.

I recorded last week's episode (wanted to rewatch the film first). Gonna catch up tonight. My friends all said it's good though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Watched the 1st episode of This Is England 86 last night and it was good. Much more light hearted than the film (so far) and it's interesting to catch up with the characters.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

We just watched the first two episodes tonight. I love it. This is going to be just a four part mini-series, right?

The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

Comment

Originally posted by AnneGwish View Post
                  We just watched the first two episodes tonight. I love it. This is going to be just a four part mini-series, right?
                  As far as I know it's a four parter. I've yet to see it though.

Comment

As far as I know it's a four parter. I've yet to see it though.
                    It's good so far. I think it's safe to say that if you liked the movie, then you'll like this. I'm a little disappointed though. I was kind of hoping it was an actual series and not just a mini. Oh well. Still worth watching.

The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

Comment

Just watched 86. Great series, it was good to see all the characters again. A bit depressing though. Way more than the movie. Like every episode hit you with some kind of dramatic crisis. Also it wouldve been nice had combo gotten more screen time. I think it wouldve made his conclusion a little more empathetic.
                      If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

I need to see This is England again, I remember really liking it.

I loved the series' that came out after it as well. Great stuff.
                        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

I did check it out again! And I did really like it again! Great performances and some really powerful scenes. Combo's fascist rants are incredibly intense to watch. I also love the score throughout this and the attention to detail is superb. It's like they filmed it in the 80's!

9/10
                          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

I hope This is England '90 is released soon, I've loved all that they have done. Would also be nice to conclude the series have Shane Meadows move onto some new projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                              I hope This is England '90 is released soon, I've loved all that they have done. Would also be nice to conclude the series have Shane Meadows move onto some new projects.
                              the movie was awesome great cast, great writing and really authentic, I loved 86' it was very powerful, 88' had it's moments it kept the dark tone that the last series had in the final episode, wasn't great but after watching it i still went out and bought it and don't regret it. Shane has said numerous time that TIE's story is far from over, so i look forward to the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X