Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Spaghetti & Other Revisionist Western Appreciation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
    Now I want to track those down dammit.... Is there a Clint Eastwood appreciation thread on here???
    Were the Black Widows in the first one? They're in the second.

    If there isn't a thread, there should be.

    52 Hookers and Counting....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
      Were the Black Widows in the first one? They're in the second.

      If there isn't a thread, there should be.
      I see them on the cover, $7.23 on Amazon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
        I see them on the cover, $7.23 on Amazon

        That's a great cover.

        [YOUTUBE]gHeRaAy3cWQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

        52 Hookers and Counting....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
          That's a great cover.

          [YOUTUBE]gHeRaAy3cWQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
          I gotta watch that now...

          Found That Clint Eastwood thread...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
            I gotta watch that now...

            Found That Clint Eastwood thread...
            Yes you do.

            52 Hookers and Counting....

            Comment


            • BUMP! Where's all the spaghetti love?

              Just watched They Call Him Cemetery - review here

              *Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

              My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

              Gold Trader +91

              Comment


              • Koch Media has a monster load of films they're releasing during 2013. Im jazzed.

                Comment


                • THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY is the Greatest Film Ever Made.
                  "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
                    THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY is the Greatest Film Ever Made.
                    Can't argue with that!

                    Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                    Comment


                    • Any western recommendations? I've listed the ones I've seen.

                      The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
                      Fistful of Dollars
                      Pale Rider
                      Hang 'Em High
                      The Wild Bunch
                      The Searchers
                      True Grit (Coens)
                      3:10 to Yuma (Bale/Crowe)
                      Django Unchained
                      The Assassination of Jesse James
                      Once upon a time in the West
                      Cut Throats Nine
                      For a few dollars more
                      El Topo
                      Four of the Apocalypse
                      Unforgiven
                      The Proposition
                      Rio Bravo

                      I need to check out the Django films as I like the gritty/violent stuff.

                      Just realized I haven't seen High Plains Drifter either as I get it confused with Pale Rider.

                      I also highly recommend The Proposition to anyone who hasn't seen it. Probably my favorite western of the last decade (although there hasn't been many).

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        Any western recommendations? I've listed the ones I've seen.
                        The Great Silence first and foremost. I love it and think it's one of the best. It's up there with The Man With No Name Trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West (second to OUATITW on my all time spaghetti list). The rest you've yet to watch is secondary, IMO.

                        After that I'd dive into more of Sergio Corbucci's stuff. A wonderful Franco Nero three-pack with Django, Companeros, and The Mercenary to start.

                        Then a bit of Sergio Sollima; The Big Gundown.

                        Those are basically my favourites.
                        Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM.

                        Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                          The Great Silence first and foremost. I love it and think it's one of the best. It's up there with The Man With No Name Trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West (second to OUATITW on my all time spaghetti list). The rest you've yet to watch is secondary, IMO.

                          After that I'd dive into more of Sergio Corbucci's stuff. A wonderful Franco Nero three-pack with Django, Companeros, and The Mercenary to start.

                          Then a bit of Sergio Sollima; The Big Gundown.

                          Those are basically my favourites.
                          Thanks, great Recs! I hadn't thought of The Great Silence, I'll make it a priority.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                            Thanks, great Recs! I hadn't thought of The Great Silence, I'll make it a priority.
                            No problem!

                            Not sure if you're a Letterboxd user, but here are a few lists with 30+ flicks that I came across that may help you with some of the more obscure stuff…

                            http://letterboxd.com/btsjunkie/list...stern-project/

                            http://letterboxd.com/pentangeli74/l...etti-westerns/

                            http://letterboxd.com/jeremypoulos/l...etti-westerns/

                            Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                            Comment




                            • 3:10 TO YUMA (2007, James Mangold)

                              VERY underrated little gem of a Western. List under 'remakes that are better than the original'. Crowe owns the film as bad-ass outlaw Ben Wade and there's a good supporting cast too; normally I'm not a fan of po-faced Bale but he's decent enough here.
                              "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                                No problem!

                                Not sure if you're a Letterboxd user, but here are a few lists with 30+ flicks that I came across that may help you with some of the more obscure stuff…

                                http://letterboxd.com/btsjunkie/list...stern-project/

                                http://letterboxd.com/pentangeli74/l...etti-westerns/

                                http://letterboxd.com/jeremypoulos/l...etti-westerns/
                                Thanks! I watched the long silence and posted about it in the films thread, loved it!

                                Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post


                                3:10 TO YUMA (2007, James Mangold)

                                VERY underrated little gem of a Western. List under 'remakes that are better than the original'. Crowe owns the film as bad-ass outlaw Ben Wade and there's a good supporting cast too; normally I'm not a fan of po-faced Bale but he's decent enough here.
                                I really rate it as well although I haven't seen the original. Shame it underperformed at the box office as so many westerns do. I was hoping Django Unchained would bring the western back but no such luck. Producers probably view it as a Tarantino film rather than a western.

                                There's a bunch of great western scripts in Hollywood like Blood Meridian but they've been in limbo for over a decade as no one will back them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X