Clear All

• I love animes, heres the list of my favorites

Escaflowne
    Hellsing - I have the whole series on dvd
    Trigun
    Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Big O
    Samurai Champloo

Im sure theres more but they slip my mind at the moment.
    " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

• Escaflowne
      Hellsing-Got the whole box set on dvd
      Trigun
      Samurai Champloo
      " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

• I started watching an anime a few weeks ago called Blue Exorcist. Its about a priest raising the son of satan who decides to become an exorcist to fight demons. It's got kind of a Naruto/Harry Potter vibe to it but I really like it. I just finished Soul Eater a while back. That was good too.
        If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
          I started watching an anime a few weeks ago called Blue Exorcist. Its about a priest raising the son of satan who decides to become an exorcist to fight demons. It's got kind of a Naruto/Harry Potter vibe to it but I really like it. I just finished Soul Eater a while back. That was good too.
          Soul Eater is cool, watched all that like a year ago. I'll have to give BE a try.
          I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
            Soul Eater is cool, watched all that like a year ago. I'll have to give BE a try.
            Its free on Crackle. They have a surprisingly large selection of anime.
            If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
              Its free on Crackle. They have a surprisingly large selection of anime.
              Ah, cool, I'll have to check them out, don't think I've heard of them, my usual goto site can be trouble once in a great while.
              I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Has anyone watched or read "The Betrayal Knows My Name"? I watched my first eposide online tonite.. and it looks very interesting... I want to read the manga but my local Barnes & Noble only has the 2nd book...

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

Comment

• Been watching anime, since maybe the 6th grade. I like to compare past anime to 70's, and 80's horror, in that it had that human element. The stories were different, the animation was (mostly) hand drawn. In that same way, horror from those time periods mentioned had a different tone, and used (mostly) practical effects. Most of the anime I watch today are just reproductions of old anime, like the new Evangelion, Trigun, and Berzerk movies, and HunterxHunter and Dragonball Kai remakes. There's been maybe 3 anime in the last 5 years that actually deserve to be mentioned with the other names I've said, and those are Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann, and maybe Redline, simply for the stunning hand drawn animation (it's rare these days). Summer Wars and Eden of the East were pretty damn good too. There's a lot of new anime that I

With that said, I've recently been watching a new show from Production IG (Ghost in the Shell, etc.) called Psycho-Pass, which has a bit of a Minority Report plot by having cops track down criminals before they can actually commit the crime. However, the tracking is actually done by other criminals, supervised by "inspectors". Animation is top notch, cg and all. The anime just started airing, so right now the story is going through that random episode phase, with sprinkles of backstory, to keep you intrigued in where it's headed. And interested, I am.

For non-anime fans, that are into horror, I'd say check out High School of the Dead, or Monster or Perfect Blue. Hulu Plus, and Netflix stream are great for checking out new, and old anime.
                  Last edited by BeRightBack; 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Anyone watching Attack On Titan http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2560140/ ? I just got into it recently, I just finished episode 10 and hope to be caught up on the series in the next day or so. I'm enjoying it so far, I read some minor spoilers and heard there are so cool surprises coming up. I've also heard the pace of the show slow down quite a bit too. I don't watch a lot of anime, but when something cool like this pops up I'm always excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimm24 View Post
                      I watched A Letter to Momo last week so and loved it. Looked on IMDB and the only other film under the director's belt is Jin-Roh. I can see why people praise Jin-Roh but it's not my cup of tea. I prefer more magical, Studio Ghibli style stuff when it comes to anime.

Comment

• I started watching this show called Speed Grapher and it's great. I love the dark/noir/gritty style it has, but my only gripe is the "villain of the week" formula that seems to occur every two episodes.

The original opening is far superior to the instrumental that Funimation changed it to, due to Duran Duran no longer owning the rights to the song.

[YOUTUBE]iPZDVaT9-ek[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Since the last time I've posted, I've watched and enjoyed these:

Gungrave
                          Hellsing
                          Ninja Scroll

Comment

• Currently I'm enjoying Blue Exorcist, Attack On Titan and Black Lagoon on Toonami. I recently finished watching Hellsing, and Texhnolyze on the FUNimation Channel and started watching Fafner in the Azure and Jinki Extend plus I'm about half way through A Certain Magical Index.
                            "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                            X