Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kreuz View Post
    at menasyng :
    isn't Utawarerumono about the guy that doesn't want to fight and is always protected by his girlfriend?
    No it's abotu a guy who wakes up in a strange village with now memory, and finds that he has a mask permanently attached to his face, and the villagers have a strange connection to the earth(tails animal ears) Upon a tragedy, the guy finds himself ruler of the small province the village is part of. Pretty good.

    Comment


    • #17
      Finished Elfen Lied the other day...fucking awesome series...

      Watched a few of Witch Hunter Robin...will take a bit cuz I'm not too crazy about it.

      Picked up Chrono Crusade and I'm infatuated with it...

      Plus Trigun..seen it at least 5 times from start to finish...

      I'm on an anime high :P
      Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

      Check out my NEW official website HERE.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
        Have you seen any of wolfs rain? I bought the series and found it horribly boring. I didn't even finish it. It almost started to become a chore to watch it.
        Oh god I'm right there with you. It put me to sleep so many friggin times!

        I'll post my list of favorites tomorrow maybe :P
        Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

        Check out my NEW official website HERE.

        Comment


        • #19
          A great little movie that you don't see mentioned alot... in my favorite list:

          Black Magic M-66



          Also up there on my list:

          Venus Wars

          Comment


          • #20
            Venus wars was good.
            If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

            Comment


            • #21
              I just watched the first ep. of the Devil May Cry anime and even though it was in engrish it was pretty entertaining. Stylized with some good action.
              If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

              Comment


              • #22
                Have any of you freaks heard any progress reports regarding James Cameron's adaption of Battle Angel Alita? I know a lot is to be done by Weta Digital here in New Zealand but I got nuthin on the radar.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Manga and Anime and all of the other Japanimation sucks and the people who like it are freaks and actually frighten me.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
                    I just watched the first ep. of the Devil May Cry anime and even though it was in engrish it was pretty entertaining. Stylized with some good action.
                    Whoa wait, there's a DMC anime!? Where can I find this?
                    Memory,prophecy and fantasy-
                    the past, the future and
                    the dreaming moment between-
                    are all one country, living one immortal day.

                    To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.
                    -Clive Barker

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Parabola View Post
                      Manga and Anime and all of the other Japanimation sucks and the people who like it are freaks and actually frighten me.
                      Sucks to be you then.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Parabola View Post
                        Manga and Anime and all of the other Japanimation sucks and the people who like it are freaks and actually frighten me.
                        This the same shit I get from people about me and my love for horror movies: Broad Generalizations with nothing to back up an argument except name calling.

                        Backhanded though it may be, I'll take being a freak as a compliment.
                        Memory,prophecy and fantasy-
                        the past, the future and
                        the dreaming moment between-
                        are all one country, living one immortal day.

                        To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.
                        -Clive Barker

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          No, I got nothing against the "anime fans". I know some of them, although they are a little out there, they are still friends. I just don;t understand the whole "I love anime so much I am going to spike my hair up in all different directions" thing. Many of the fans do that and it's odd to me. They reak of pomade and hair gel.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Parabola View Post
                            No, I got nothing against the "anime fans". I know some of them, although they are a little out there, they are still friends. I just don;t understand the whole "I love anime so much I am going to spike my hair up in all different directions" thing. Many of the fans do that and it's odd to me. They reak of pomade and hair gel.

                            I think there's a possible difference between anime fanboys and anime fans. I personally have never met a fan who's gone as far as trying to look like an anime character, but I guess in Japan it's a different story.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Parabola View Post
                              No, I got nothing against the "anime fans". I know some of them, although they are a little out there, they are still friends. I just don;t understand the whole "I love anime so much I am going to spike my hair up in all different directions" thing. Many of the fans do that and it's odd to me. They reak of pomade and hair gel.
                              Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm pretty casual with anime myself. I can see were you're coming from with the cosplay stuff though, I have to deal with friends who're Naruto fanatics ( The headbands look recockilous, and I can't stand the show).
                              Memory,prophecy and fantasy-
                              the past, the future and
                              the dreaming moment between-
                              are all one country, living one immortal day.

                              To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.
                              -Clive Barker

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Reel_Horrorshow View Post
                                Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm pretty casual with anime myself. I can see were you're coming from with the cosplay stuff though, I have to deal with friends who're Naruto fanatics ( The headbands look recockilous, and I can't stand the show).
                                Ya, so no offense. I just like pushing your buttons.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X