This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parabola View Post
    Ya, so no offense. I just like pushing your buttons.
    Heheheheh... good pushin'.
    Memory,prophecy and fantasy-
    the past, the future and
    the dreaming moment between-
    are all one country, living one immortal day.

To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.
    -Clive Barker

Comment

I just finished watching the first episode of Hellsing over at tv-links, interesting stuff. I'm glad there's only thirteen episodes, I may actually watch the entire series of something for once.
      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

I watched Highlander The Search For Vengeance on dvd today. For a newbie Highlander fan like me, this was a treat though i was shocked that they 1. didnt have a Japanese audio track and 2. had cut 7 to 8 minutes of footage. So ill definately grab the director's cut when it eventually comes.

Comment

Just wondering any one here ever seen a anime called gantz?The manga is twice as long and 50 times better but the show was the only thing brought to the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
            I just finished watching the first episode of Hellsing over at tv-links, interesting stuff. I'm glad there's only thirteen episodes, I may actually watch the entire series of something for once.
            Ah, dude...totally worth sitting through...

I'm 12 episodes deep of Chrono Crusade...keeps getting better.
            Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

I like Hellsing. And as a kid I loved Dr. Slump

But Fullmetal-Alchemist is for sure the best anime I've ever seen. And I thought after watching all episodes that the movie would disappoint me, but no, it gave me an even better impression of the whole thing.

Comment

Evangelion is God. One of THE best anime ive ever seen. Thank God Hideaki Anno listened to the fans who thought the tv ending was crap and pulled out End Of Evangelion leading to one of the greatest animated apocalypses of all time. And to boot, coming soon are new Eva movies which are basically remakes of the whole story but with a new conclusion (wonder what itll be).

Comment

Originally posted by FrankiePR88 View Post
                  Evangelion is God. One of THE best anime ive ever seen. Thank God Hideaki Anno listened to the fans who thought the tv ending was crap and pulled out End Of Evangelion leading to one of the greatest animated apocalypses of all time. And to boot, coming soon are new Eva movies which are basically remakes of the whole story but with a new conclusion (wonder what itll be).
                  There trying to make it a live action movie now too wich scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by gorillazombie55 View Post
                    Eh, they could di it...it'd need a TRansformers budget :P

Comment

I think it hit a snag ages ago but could still make it someday. Weta was on the project and by the story board pics it could actually be pretty good...well at least it looks as though it'll stay true to the anime version to an extent.

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projec...m/neon_genesis

Comment

true the deathnote movies were pretty good and stayed close to the manga as long as its done in japan then ill be happy.

this isnt about the live action movie but ist good to know!

Gainax confirmed a new animated film series called Rebuild of Evangelion, consisting of four movies to be released in 2007 and 2008. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy View Post
                          I think it hit a snag ages ago but could still make it someday. Weta was on the project and by the story board pics it could actually be pretty good...well at least it looks as though it'll stay true to the anime version to an extent.

http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projec...m/neon_genesis
                          BUsting balls Mossy! Busting Balls!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBonomo View Post
                            BUsting balls Mossy! Busting Balls!
                            Development of a live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion was announced in May 2003 by the Houston-based anime distributor ADV Films, who hold world-wide rights to the series outside of Asia and Australia. The film will be made by ADV, Gainax and Weta Workshop Ltd.. Dubbed the Evangelion Live Action Movie by fans ("ELAM" for short) and Live Action Evangelion Movie ("LAEM") by its detractors, its release is currently projected to occur at any time ranging from as early as 2008 to as late as 2015; in March 2005, Matt Greenfield was reported to have indicated that the movie would be finished in "at least a year, most likely 3 or 4."[1] Hideaki Anno, the director of Evangelion, will not be directing this live-action movie, though at the beginning it was suggested that he would have some sort of supervisory role.

As of August 2005, production of the movie is on hold as a director has yet to become available. In December 2005, Fortune Magazine reported in an article about ADV Films, that ADV has raised "about half of the $100 million to $120 million" needed to produce the Neon Genesis Evangelion live-action movie.[2] It's not completely clear if this money was raised by ADV alone, or portions of that amount was contributed by Gainax.

ADV stated that fans could expect a major announcement concerning the film to be made sometime in the Autumn of 2006. As of June 2007, there has been no such announcement.

Comment

Development of a live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion was announced in May 2003 by the Houston-based anime distributor ADV Films, who hold world-wide rights to the series outside of Asia and Australia. The film will be made by ADV, Gainax and Weta Workshop Ltd.. Dubbed the Evangelion Live Action Movie by fans ("ELAM" for short) and Live Action Evangelion Movie ("LAEM") by its detractors, its release is currently projected to occur at any time ranging from as early as 2008 to as late as 2015; in March 2005, Matt Greenfield was reported to have indicated that the movie would be finished in "at least a year, most likely 3 or 4."[1] Hideaki Anno, the director of Evangelion, will not be directing this live-action movie, though at the beginning it was suggested that he would have some sort of supervisory role.

As of August 2005, production of the movie is on hold as a director has yet to become available. In December 2005, Fortune Magazine reported in an article about ADV Films, that ADV has raised "about half of the $100 million to $120 million" needed to produce the Neon Genesis Evangelion live-action movie.[2] It's not completely clear if this money was raised by ADV alone, or portions of that amount was contributed by Gainax.

ADV stated that fans could expect a major announcement concerning the film to be made sometime in the Autumn of 2006. As of June 2007, there has been no such announcement.
                              A tear ran down my face...that would be so f-ing cool!

Comment

its funny robin williams is begging to be in it if it happens scince he has such a strong passion for the evangelion.

Comment

Working...
                                X