This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

A thread a little while back inspired me to make this thread, Discuss your favorite Anime/Manga here, whether it be movie, or series. This is the thread for my fellow BDers who love, or like, one show, or every show.

I've read and seen all of Hellsing.

I really like the Samurai X OVA's.

Akira is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ninja Scroll was tight.

Ghost in the Shell is pretty good.

Other than that I don't know much, and what I do know, I generally hate.

Comment

Pokemon!
      [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/measyng/ZombieSuppersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I'm a big Anime fan. My favorite Anime/Manga is Inuyasha, I know that it's a bit cliche but I love it a whole lot.

Other favorites:
        Full Metal Alchemist
        Trigun
        Cowboy Bebop
        Trinity Blood
        Azumanga Daioh
        Vampire Hunter D
        Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
        Case Closed
        Evangelion

I know there are more but I'm cmpletely blanking...
        Even a man who is pure in heart
        and says his prayers by night
        may become a wolf
        when the wolfsbane blooms
        and the autumn moon is bright.

sigpic

Comment

As far as manga goes, I'm a big nut for Junji Ito (Uzumaki, Tomie, Gyo, etc.)

I'm not too big on anime but there are a few series and movies that I like.
          Cowboy Bebop
          Wonderful Days
          Blood: The Last Vampire
          Angel's Egg
          Big O

I've always wanted to watch Witch Hunter Robin and Elfin Lied but I just haven't gotten around to them. We also have the Ghost in the Shell movies over here and I need to check them out at some point.

The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

"The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

Comment

I was gonna make a thread a while back for it but Im a big naruto fan and they stopped naruto and started a new series called Naruto Shippuuden where it picks up with him as a teenager and sasuke as an evil ninja. My only beef with the show is all the damned flashbacks. I know it must be a great money save for the studio but jesus christ. But some episodes of naruto are use exceedingly fluent animation so if flashbacks are the cost of the then I guess I can deal. That and Bleahc were the last two series I was really big on but kinda stopped DLing them for some reason. I want to get back into it just cause I have the time but Im still missing large gaps in the original naruto story and now in Bleach. ah well.
            If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

I'm a fairly casual anime fan who likes the mainstream stuff:

Ninja Scroll
              Akira
              Ghost in the Shell (all of it)
              Neon Genesis Evangeline
              Full Metal Alchemist
              X
              Cowboy Bebop
              Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Interesting stuff guys, honestly, I like a lot of stuff:
                1. Full Metal Alchemist(The movie almost made me tear up, as well as the last episode of the series)
                2. Utawarerumono(Great New Anime, Discovered it threw Netflix)
                3. Cowboy Beebop(Spike is just the coolest thing since ice cream on a hot summer day)
                4. Inuyasha
                5. Trigun
                6. Strawberry Eggs(GF hooked me up with this anime about a cross dressing gym teacher, it was great)
                7. Fruits Basket (GF hooked me up with this as well, a family cursed to change into animals form the chinese zodiac every time a member of the opposite sex hugs them)
                8. Ninja Scroll
                9. Naruto
                10. Oh My Goddess

Ther are quite a few more, but those are my favorites.

Comment

Everything I have seen from Hayao Miyazaki

Wicked City
                  Vamipire Hunter D
                  Cowboy Bebop
                  Akira
                  Ninja Scroll
                  (Mobil Suit) Gundam Wing

I'm sure there are others, but this is what I remember at the moment.

EDIT: Also, Afro Samurai and Samurai 7.
                  Last edited by Micheal_Myers; 06-09-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Though I live in Japan, the only real anime I enjoy is from Miyazaki, Satoshi Kon and Yoshiaki Kawajiri. I like some series, but not a huge fan.

Manga on the other hand, I'm always reading. Love Berserk, Riki Oh, Crying Freeman, Claymore, One Piece, Bastard! and the Guyver.
                    Fiber > monsters

Comment

i love anime currently working my was through black lagoon (the first series) and grenadier which is corny as hell but fun fun in a guilty pleasure kinda way lol

can't say what my favorite is though i was quite impressed by the gungrave anime.

Comment

I'm a anime fan since 13 years.In the beginning it was very hard to get new animes in germany , because nobody seemed to be interested in anime .
                        I remember that I paid 70 $ for the VHS tape of Vampire Hunter D ...
                        But today , so many people watch animes and everywhere are annoying pokemon kids ...

It's funny how things developed.
                        Even my prof at the university explains some japanese expression with animes. He always says "Do you know dragonball ?"
                        And at the beginning of the semester he said : "It is the first day ....so let's watch an anime on the big screen with the video projector!"

hmm... my favourite animes ?? i think....
                        Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust ,Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star
                        Hellsing ,Trinity Blood, Gungrave , Guyver *g* , Blood+
                        Death Note, Street Fighter ,GHost in the Shell ,Akira
                        Record of Lodoss War ,Samurai Champloo ,The Hakkenden

well i've seen a lot of animes in the last 13 years , but i can't remember most of them ...

at the moment i'm saving my money to buy :
                        bleach , naruto , black lagoon , wolf's rain

at menasyng :
                        isn't Utawarerumono about the guy that doesn't want to fight and is always protected by his girlfriend?
                        Last edited by Kreuz; 06-10-2007, 07:33 AM.

"Idiots in their own idiotic way have their own idiotic worries."

Comment

When I can be bothered I'll post my list. At the moment all I can say is that Masamune Shirow is a god!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuz View Post
                            I'm a anime fan since 13 years.In the beginning it was very hard to get new animes in germany , because nobody seemed to be interested in anime .
                            I remember that I paid 70 $ for the VHS tape of Vampire Hunter D ...
                            But today , so many people watch animes and everywhere are annoying pokemon kids ...

It's funny how things developed.
                            Even my prof at the university explains some japanese expression with animes. He always says "Do you know dragonball ?"
                            And at the beginning of the semester he said : "It is the first day ....so let's watch an anime on the big screen with the video projector!"

hmm... my favourite animes ?? i think....
                            Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust ,Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star
                            Hellsing ,Trinity Blood, Gungrave , Guyver *g* , Blood+
                            Death Note, Street Fighter ,GHost in the Shell ,Akira
                            Record of Lodoss War ,Samurai Champloo ,The Hakkenden

well i've seen a lot of animes in the last 13 years , but i can't remember most of them ...

at the moment i'm saving my money to buy :
                            bleach , naruto , black lagoon , wolf's rain

at menasyng :
                            isn't Utawarerumono about the guy that doesn't want to fight and is always protected by his girlfriend?

Have you seen any of wolfs rain? I bought the series and found it horribly boring. I didn't even finish it. It almost started to become a chore to watch it.
                            If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
                              Have you seen any of wolfs rain? I bought the series and found it horribly boring. I didn't even finish it. It almost started to become a chore to watch it.
                              no i have not....
                              some friends told me it is good. i trust them , because we always watch the same movies / series /animes .

but first i've got to get naruto and the new naruto series on dvd !
                              i need to win some money *g*

by the way : nice sig picture !

"Idiots in their own idiotic way have their own idiotic worries."

Comment

Working...
                              X