This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
    Just picked up the first two Police story's quite cheaply, I loathe his more recent American efforts
    I'm with you in that respect. Hell, I'm not even a a Jackie Chan fan. But Police Story kicks all kinds of ass. I watched a few years back and still enjoyed it.

Comment

Was reading up on another forum and discovered that DD's My Young Auntie release only includes the dubbed English and dubbed Mandarin audio tracks, for some odd reason the original Cantonese track wasn't included. Looks like the Celestial/IVL is still the best way to go on that one, unless of course one preferred the English dub.
      Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Looks a great opportunity to check out these genres.

I guess I will start with the Shaw Brother's, because of Tarantino, It's always cool to see what such great filmmakers has been influenced by.
        My DVD List:
        http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=methor
        PM for a trade!

Comment

Watched The One-Armed swordsman last night, cannot recommend it enough. Such a great Shaw Classic!

Also i've recently started to delve into some of Jackie Chan's earlier works, and surprisingly enough am totally digging them. I've been so disillusioned with his butchered American releases and later efforts i've completely missed all sorts of hidden (to me) gems. Damn, I suck.

Some recommended Chan viewing:

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
          Drunken Master
          Drunken Master II (Be sure it's the uncut Chinese release)
          Project A
          Young Master
          Police Story 1-3 (Make sure supercop isn't the shitty US release)
          Fearless Hyena

There are some other promising titles (including a couple upcoming DD's), but I don't know much about nor have I seen them so I can't recommend.
          Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm
            Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

everytime i go to best buy i find a new title from dragon dynasty. so far i havent been disappointed. i just picked up dynamite warrior. i havent watched it yet but the trailer made it look pretty fuckin' cool.

Comment

Originally posted by thezombieepidemic View Post
                everytime i go to best buy i find a new title from dragon dynasty. so far i havent been disappointed. i just picked up dynamite warrior. i havent watched it yet but the trailer made it look pretty fuckin' cool.
                I've been a lurker around these parts, but when I saw this thread, I just had to chime in. Dragon Dynasty definitely kicks ass. It's one of the few things that the Weinstein Bros got right. That being said, Dynamite Warrior isn't from Dragon Dynasty. It was published by the same guys that released Ong-Bak. Magnolia. It's a really silly movie, but it's got some badass action sequences. Panna Rittikrai is still in top form despite the fact that he's getting up there in years. Dan Chupong is definitely another one from Thailand to watch for. I don't think he's as good as Tony Jaa, but he definitely holds his own. So far my favorite release from Dragon Dynasty is a tie between The Protector and Police Story.

Comment

Originally posted by meezookeewee View Post
                  I've been a lurker around these parts, but when I saw this thread, I just had to chime in. Dragon Dynasty definitely kicks ass. It's one of the few things that the Weinstein Bros got right. That being said, Dynamite Warrior isn't from Dragon Dynasty. It was published by the same guys that released Ong-Bak. Magnolia. It's a really silly movie, but it's got some badass action sequences. Panna Rittikrai is still in top form despite the fact that he's getting up there in years. Dan Chupong is definitely another one from Thailand to watch for. I don't think he's as good as Tony Jaa, but he definitely holds his own. So far my favorite release from Dragon Dynasty is a tie between The Protector and Police Story.
                  you are correct. for some reason i remember seeing dragon dynasty on it. my apologies.

has anyone seen The 36th Chamber of Shaolin or The One-Armed Swordsmen? i almost picked those up today but decided to wait. i love shaw brothers releases, especially Vengeance is a Golden Blade.

Comment

Originally posted by thezombieepidemic View Post
                    has anyone seen The 36th Chamber of Shaolin or The One-Armed Swordsmen? i almost picked those up today but decided to wait. i love shaw brothers releases, especially Vengeance is a Golden Blade.
                    Both are great. 36th Chamber is my all-time favorite martial arts film.

Comment

i just ordered:
                      -the 36th chamber of shaolin
                      -the one-armed swordsman
                      -heaven and hell (not dragon dynasty, but still...)

Comment

I heard that their Hard Boiled DVD is dubtitled....

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                          dubtitled....
                          ... ?..........

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                            ... ?..........
                            Hard to explain but it seems to have some people's panties all in a bunch..http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2001

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

I can't check out that link for some reason but is that when the subtitles are just text versions of the English dubs as opposed to the actual translation?

Comment

Originally posted by MR SINISTER View Post
                                I can't check out that link for some reason but is that when the subtitles are just text versions of the English dubs as opposed to the actual translation?
                                Yes.........

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Working...
                                X