• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
    Yes.........
    Sounds dreadful.

Comment

It fucking sucks, i'll probably be holding on to my Mei Ah copy after all...and hopefully Dragon Dynasty doesn't get the DVD rights to The Killer and fuck that up as well.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

A proper release of Tai Chi Master?

sweet.....I need that right now.
        argueing is a waste of fucking life!
        The Ultimate BD Quote Thread

Comment

It fucking sucks, i'll probably be holding on to my Mei Ah copy after all...and hopefully Dragon Dynasty doesn't get the DVD rights to The Killer and fuck that up as well.
          As far as I know, they do have the rights to The Killer now. Hopefully they wont pull that dumb shit again. I have no idea why they did this though. It's not like that on the other DVDs from them that I have.

Comment

not everything can get a perfect release. granted, its shitty, but lets not start hating dragon dynasty just because of one crappy release. count how many awesome releases theyve put out. one fuck up isnt bad. especially when its on a film that isnt nearly as cool as most of dragon dynasty releases.

Comment

I just received this from Cameron McNeil at Dragon Dynasty...

About the Tarantino boxset and whether or not it will contain some of the current Shawbrothers DVDs in a better edition:

"There are no plans to release subsequent editions at this point – we’re just focused on getting more of these fantastic classic titles remastered, reloaded, and out to your local store over the next few years."

"The current titles are indeed from our one and only Shaw Brothers Collection, so you already have the definitive versions"
              I wonder if that means the Tarantino box isn't happening now or if it will contain entirely different films.

Comment

I picked up Hard Boiled today. I passed on the chance to get the Internal Affairs trilogy in one set, due to me not being sure if I'd like it. I've heard good things about Hard Boiled, so I picked it up blind. Can't wait to sit down and watch it.

I can't wait to pick up Crime Story. I loved that movie, and a special set will be nice.
                Last edited by Jeremy-V1; 08-10-2007, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Hard Boiled is, hands down, one of the best action movies ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                    I can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                      Yeah. It's not even really my type of thing, but the action is incredible. I was playing the Demo for John Woo's Stranglehold on the 360 and then I had to watch Hard Boiled again.

I actually prefer The Killer though.

Comment

Originally posted by MR SINISTER View Post
                        Yeah. It's not even really my type of thing, but the action is incredible. I was playing the Demo for John Woo's Stranglehold on the 360 and then I had to watch Hard Boiled again.

I actually prefer The Killer though.
                        See, yeah, I'm not a guns and explosions kind of guy really, but I can watch Hard Boiled on a regular basis. Same with The Killer (which is indeed the better movie)

Comment

While Dragon Dynasty has proven far better than Weinstein's previous efforts, I must admit it still remains to be somewhat a disappointment. Pink tinting as well as some murking on some of the prints, only including the extended Japaneses cut for PS2, the exclusion of the Cantonese audio for MYA, dubtitles for Hard Boiled.

Still, excluding My Young Auntie all of their shaw releases have been quite good.
                          Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

I thought the first two in the Shaw Brothers were outstanding movies! 36th Chamber of Shaolin and King Boxer are superb! I didn't mind My Young Auntie that much, but I thought One-Armed Swordsman was too slow-paced.

Comment

Someone needs to get updating!

Shaolin Wooden men and Snake and Crane Arts both have been pushed back to October, the fuckers.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/distrib.../qx/titles.htm

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?pub...Dragon+Dynasty

Still no word on what's up with the Better Tomorrows, and last I knew Fist of Legend was slated for December but i'm not seeing much of anything about here (or anywhere else for that matter). The Killer's supposed to drop in November, hopefully they won't fuck this up like they did Hard Boiled.

By the way, One Armed Swordsman is an excellent film, I didn't find it slow paced at all.
                              Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

As soon as I get my next paycheck I'm picking up City of Violence. I've wanted to see that one for a while now ... heard it was pretty bad-ass.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

Working...
                                X