This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Dynasty

"Dragon Dynasty showcases cutting-edge presentations of significant classic and contemporary Asian Cinema for the home entertainment market. Combining elevated production values with dynamic creative execution, each Dragon Dynasty product will extend a compelling invitation to experience the world's most exciting action genre like never before.

Dragon Dynasty features from legendary Asian filmmakers such as John Woo, Yuen Woo-ping and Corey Yuen Kwai and the films star some of Asia's hottest leading actors like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Stephen Chow, Donnie Yen, Michelle Yeoh and Sammo Hung."

Upcoming Releases:
    Hapkido - October 2nd
    Dog Bite Dog [2-Disc] - October 23rd
    Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin - October 30th
    The Killer [2-Disc] - November 6th
    No Mercy for the Rude - November 20th
    Fist of Legend [2-Disc] - December
    Dreadnaught - December
    Tai Chi Master [2-Disc] - TBA
    Quentin Tarantino Presents The Shaw Brothers' Collection (titles to be confirmed) - TBA

Rumored Releases (Source of rumors are included):
    Love Asia
    Royal Tramp
    Royal Tramp II
    Come Drink with Me
    Eight Diagram Pole Fighter
    Heroes of the East
    Martial Arts of Shaolin
    A Better Tomorrow
    A Better Tomorrow II
    Bullet in the Head
    Ong Bak 2

The Five Deadly Venoms
    The Bride with White Hair
    Shaolin Temple
    Dragon Tiger Gate
    Undercover

All Available Releases:
    #1: Kill Zone [2-Disc]
    #2: Police Story
    #3: The Protector [2-Disc]
    #4: Seven Swords [2-Disc]
    #5: Police Story 2
    #6: Infernal Affairs 2
    #7: Infernal Affairs 3
    #8: Born to Fight [2-Disc]
    #9: Shanghai Express
    #10: Above the Law
    #11: 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    #12: King Boxer
    #13: The One Armed Swordsman
    #14: My Young Auntie
    #15: Hardboiled [2-Disc]
    #16: Last Hurrah for Chivalry
    #17: Crime Story
    #18: City of Violence [2-Disc]
    #19: Dragon Heat

Visit Dragon Dynasty's official website for more info: DragonDynasty.com
    Last edited by MR SINISTER; 09-28-2007, 04:50 AM.

I was only slightly aware of Dragon Dynasty until last week when I stumbled upon the 36th Chamber of Shaolin release on Amazon. Being that it is my favorite Martial Arts flick of all time, I had to order it. I was not disappointed and my experience has sparked a huge interest in this collection.

Upon researching them for this thread, i found a lot of rumored or slightly confirmed releases. The most interesting for me are The Killer, The Five Deadly Venoms and the Shawbrothers boxset. The Killer is my favorite film from John Woo (I also really like Hard Boiled and have pre-ordered the new release) so that is an obvious buy for me if and when it comes out. The Five Deadly Venoms is probably my second favorite Martial Arts film. I already own it on DVD but I definitely welcome a better version. The Shawbrothers Collection rumor is quite interesting. The Shawbrothers studio released a lot of great films Back in the 70s and 80s including some of the new Dragon Dynasty releases. I would definitely be interested in buying it but I am afraid to buy any more Shawbrothers films until I know more info. I still plan on buying King Boxer this week but after that I will have to do some thinking. I will continue to post rumors as I find them and will include the source of those rumors.

Anyway... Hopefully there is some interest in this collection. It has great potential and so far they have released some great films on DVD.
    Last edited by MR SINISTER; 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

So many excellent titles available and on the horizon from Dragon Dynasty. Seriously, this is well on its way to being an amazing collection

I only own KillZone (yet to watch) and the Infernal Affairs trilogy at the moment, but intend to invest in some more of their titles as funds permit and more are released.

Wow, I can't wait for that Fist of Legend 2 disc. The dubbed American re-edit is atrocious, and the quality of the Hong Kong release is far from great.

You're such a fucking cunt sin, this is going to kill me until I pick some more of these up. It was far easier to ignore them before they were all listed here together!
      Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Kill Zone sucked. I do like what they have to bring to the table however. Only disappointed once.

Comment

Twas free, but from what i've read it sounds quite good. I still have hope, mainly because your taste in film is shit.
          Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
            Twas free, but from what i've read it sounds quite good. I still have hope, mainly because your taste in film is shit.
            Pfft, says the guy who likes Argento.

Kill Zone was boring and had a weak ending, I seriously don't think you'll like it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
              Pfft, says the guy who likes Argento.
              See? That's what i'm talking about.

If it sucks i'll blame you.
              Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

See? That's what i'm talking about.

If it sucks i'll blame you.
                Ever heard of a joke, Muffin?

If it sucks, I'll take the punishment.

Comment

You're such a fucking cunt sin, this is going to kill me until I pick some more of these up. It was far easier to ignore them before they were all listed here together!
                  I fell the same way. I'm going to head out to Suncoast tonight to pick up King Boxer. They have it for $16.99 (the same as Amazon) plus I have a $3 coupon that came with 36th Chamber.

I was just thinking that this might make an excellent label to release the full Kill Bill on. Being that this is a Weinstein company brand, there may be a chance.

EDIT: Thanks for the sticky. That is awesome.

Comment

Well considering Miramax was behind numerous butcherings of martial arts films released in the 90's I was a bit worried, but my fears are slowly being alleviated. They've been sitting on these shaw titles for far too long, good to see them finally doing something with them.

Just ordered King Boxer.

Not sure whether to go with the celestial pictures (IVL, Delmantic) One Armed Swordsman box, or just get the original on the Dynasty label.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

Some dvd beaver comparisons :

One Armed Swordsman
                    Shanghai Express
                    My Young Auntie
                    Police Story 2
                    Born to Fight
                    36th Chamber Shaolin
                    Infernal Affairs 2
                    Infernal Affairs 3
                    King boxer

Oh, and watched Seven Swords a while back. Didn't think much of it.
                    Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Wow. A lot of these are films that I've been meaning to find a good release of for a while now. Definitely interested.

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Sinister. I stole your entire thread and posted over at m site as well. I also went ahead and ordered Hard Boiled (never owned it) and Police Story (will never not love that movie).

Comment

I am sooooo happy that these kick ass films are finally getting the treatment they deserve. I was raised on action flicks and will always love them.

Yep....that's in chapter 9, verse 10. "Thall shalt not fuck with Raptor Jesus"

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid View Post
                            Thanks, Mr. Sinister. I stole your entire thread and posted over at m site as well. I also went ahead and ordered Hard Boiled (never owned it) and Police Story (will never not love that movie).
                            Haha... I was thinking about posting it there too but I wasn't sure if there were enough people that would care yet. The only bad thing will be that I wont be able to update that thread there, only you or another Mod will be able to. Check out my Criterion Collection thread (Stickied at the top of this section) and let me know if you want me to start that at the Demon as well.

Well considering Miramax was behind numerous butcherings of martial arts films released in the 90's I was a bit worried, but my fears are slowly being alleviated. They've been sitting on these shaw titles for far too long, good to see them finally doing something with them.

Just ordered King Boxer.

Not sure whether to go with the celestial pictures (IVL, Delmantic) One Armed Swordsman box, or just get the original on the Dynasty label.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

Some dvd beaver comparisons :

One Armed Swordsman
                            Shanghai Express
                            My Young Auntie
                            Police Story 2
                            Born to Fight
                            36th Chamber Shaolin
                            Infernal Affairs 2
                            Infernal Affairs 3
                            King boxer

Oh, and watched Seven Swords a while back. Didn't think much of it.
                            I bought King Boxer last night. I didn't get a chance to watch it yet but I'll probably watch it twice this week (with and without commentary). I can't help but feel that Tarantino has a strong hand in all of this.

Comment

Just picked up the first two Police story's quite cheaply, I loathe his more recent American efforts but remember digging some of his earlier works from the 80's as a youngster. Hopefully they will hold up now so many years later..

My girlfriend swears by him and prodded their pick up, so if they suck massive slappings will certainly ensue.She slaps damn hard too.
                              Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Working...
                              X