Pinky Violence and Japanese Exploitation Thread.
I also added exploitation to the title so we can talk about stuff like Malformed Men etc in here. Are you fools happy now?
"Until the late 1960s, the "pink film" market was almost entirely the domain of low-budget independent companies. At the beginning of the 1970s, now losing their audiences to television and imported American films, Japan's major film studios were struggling for survival. In 1972, Richie reported, "In Japan, the eroduction is the only type of picture that retains an assured patronage."
In order to tap into this lucrative audience, major studio Toei entered the sexploitation market in 1971. In films like his ero-guro series and Joys of Torture series of the late 1960s director Teruo Ishii had provided a model for Toei's sexploitation ventures by "establishing a queasy mix of comedy and torture." Producer Kanji Amao designed a group of series-- shigeki rosen (Sensational Line), ijoseiai rosen (Abnormal Line), and harenchi rosen (Shameless Line), today collectively referred to as Toei's "Pinky Violence". Most of Toei's films in the pink film style used eroticism in conjunction with violent and action-filled stories. Several of these films have the theme of strong women exacting violent revenge for past injustices. The series was launched with the Delinquent Girl Boss (Zubeko Bancho) films starring Reiko Oshida. Other series in the Pinky Violence genre included Norifumi Suzuki's Girl Boss (Sukeban) films, and the Terrifying Girls' High School films, both starring Reiko Ike and Miki Sugimoto. Other examples of Toei's films in this genre include Shunya Ito's Sasori (Scorpion) series of women in prison films based on Toru Shinohara's manga. Starting with Female Convict #701: Scorpion (1972), the Scorpion series starred Meiko Kaji, who had left Nikkatsu Studios to distance herself from their Roman Porno series." - Wikipedia
Ok , so the films that are available with in the US to my knowledge are...
* Female Demon Ohyaku (196 (d. Yoshihiro Ishikawa)
* Quick-Draw Okatsu (1969) (d. Nobuo Nakagawa)
* Okatsu the Fugitive (1969) (d. Nobuo Nakagawa)
* Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion (1972) (d. Shunya Ito)
* Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41(1972) (d. Shunya Ito)
* Female Prisoner Scorpion: Beast Stable (1973) (d. Shunya Ito)
* Female Prisoner Scorpion: #701's Grudge Song (1973) (d. Yasuharu Hasebe)
* Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter (1970) (d. Yasuharu Hasebe)
* The Blind Woman's Curse (1970) (d. Teruo Ishii)
* Lady Snowblood (1973) (d. Toshiya Fujita)
* Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance (1974) (d. Toshiya Fujita)
* Sex and Fury (1973) (d. Norifumi Suzuki)
* Female Yakuza Tale (1973) (d. Teruo Ishii)
* Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs (1974) (d. Yukio Noda)
* School of the Holy Beast (1974) (d. Norifumi Suzuki)
* Terrifying Girls' High School: Lynch Law Classroom (1972) (d. Norifumi Suzuki)
* Girl Boss Guerilla (1972) (d. Norifumi Suzuki)
* Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless to Confess (1971) (d. Kazuhiko Yamaguchi)
* Criminal Woman: Killing Melody (1973) (d. Atsushi Mihori)
* Rica (1972) (d. Ko Nakahira)
* Rica 2: Lonely Wonderer (1973) (d. Ko Nakahira)
* Rica 3: Juvenile's Lullaby (1973) (d. Kozaburo Yoshimura)
* Girl Boss Revenge (1973) (d. Norifumi Suzuki)
* Delinquent Girl Boss: Blossoming Night Dreams (1970) (d. Kazuhiko Yamaguchi)
Bohachi Bushido: Code Of The Forgotten Eight (1973) - Teruo Ishii
Beautiful Girl Hunter (Star of David) (1979) - Nofifumi Suzuki
Wandering Ginza Butterfly (1971) - Kazuhiko Yamaguchi
Wandering Ginza: She Cat Gambler (1972) - Kazuhiko Yamaguchi
Tell me, if there are any I'm missing.