No announcement yet.

Best Foreign Films

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the movie Plaga Zombie. I have the 2 disc set and have a good laugh every time I watch them. For a classic very well made film I like Werner Herzog's version of Nosferatu. Although any Werner Herzog/Klaus Kinski movie is good.

Comment

Wow. I thought we had a section specifically dedicated to this type of discussion. Also, why is this non-horror thread in the GENERAL HORROR DISCUSSION?

Best? Too many to name, my personal favorite foreign film? It's a tie between Yojimbo and Seven Samurai. I have a huge soft spot for those two.

Comment

Originally posted by menasyng View Post
        Wow. I thought we had a section specifically dedicated to this type of discussion. Also, why is this non-horror thread in the GENERAL HORROR DISCUSSION?

Best? Too many to name, my personal favorite foreign film? It's a tie between Yojimbo and Seven Samurai. I have a huge soft spot for those two.
        I'm just gonna assume you've never seen Throne of Blood...

...to ease the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
          I'm just gonna assume you've never seen Throne of Blood...

...to ease the pain.
          I never said I didn't see it. Nor did I say anything that said it wasn't great. BUT I did say that both of the films I listed are my personal favorites, and that I have a sft spot for them.

LEARN TO READ, NEWB!!11!!!1!one!11!

Comment

I never said I didn't see it. Nor did I say anything that said it wasn't great. BUT I did say that both of the films I listed are my personal favorites, and that I have a sft spot for them.

LEARN TO READ, NEWB!!11!!!1!one!11!
            Yes, dear... I was commenting that it hurts you've seen Throne of Blood and it isn't one of your favorite foreign films. So, I was going to pretend you've never seen it, so I don't feel the need to slash my wrists with a straight-razor.

|_u|2/\/ +0 |234|) u|2$3|_|= /\/\00|3!!!!!!!1111113|3\/3/\/11!!1!1!!

Comment

Yes, dear... I was commenting that it hurts you've seen Throne of Blood and it isn't one of your favorite foreign films. So, I was going to pretend you've never seen it, so I don't feel the need to slash my wrists with a straight-razor.

|_u|2/\/ +0 |234|) u|2$3|_|= /\/\00|3!!!!!!!1111113|3\/3/\/11!!1!1!!
              Dobe squared, you wound me. Just because it's not tied as my favorite, doesn't mean it isn't in the top 5. Bias list? Certainly.

If I were to list all of my favorite forieng flicks it would be about 1/2 Japanese, 1/8 Italian, 1/16 French, 1/8 Spanish, 1/16 Chinese, 1/16 Korean, and 1/16 other.
              Last edited by menasyng; 05-12-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeOnAMeathook View Post
                Talk about barely scratching the surface...I'd go so far as to say that shitty list hardly smudges the surface.
                Shitty list? Someone is trippin'....

Add Battle Royale to the list.

Comment

Dobe squared, you wound me. Just because it's not tied as my favorite, doesn't mean it isn't in the top 5. Bias list? Certainly.
                  I can accept a top five placement.

And, no attempt to out1337 me? Fershames.

Comment

I can accept a top five placement.

And, no attempt to out1337 me? Fershames.
                    1337 has gone the way of Latin. It's over, mang.

Comment

1337 has gone the way of Latin. It's over, mang.
                      +|-|3 60[)$ |\/|@[)3 1337, @|\|[) +|-|3`/ $@\X/ +|-|@+ 1+ \X/@$ 600[). +|-|3`/ +0|[) |\/|3 +0 |_|$3 1+ 0|=+3|\| @$ |-|3||, @|\|[) 1 |*|20|\/|1$3[) +|-|@+ 1 \X/0|_||[). \X/|-|3|\| |0$3|2$ $@`/ 1+'$ 0\/3|2 \X/1+|-|, 1 |<|\|0\X/ +|-|@+ 1+'$ @ |13! +|-|3 60[)$ |\/|@[)3 1337, @|\|[) 1+'$ |\|3\/3|2 60|\||\|@ [)13!

Comment

+|-|3 60[)$ |\/|@[)3 1337, @|\|[) +|-|3`/ $@\X/ +|-|@+ 1+ \X/@$ 600[). +|-|3`/ +0|[) |\/|3 +0 |_|$3 1+ 0|=+3|\| @$ |-|3||, @|\|[) 1 |*|20|\/|1$3[) +|-|@+ 1 \X/0|_||[). \X/|-|3|\| |0$3|2$ $@`/ 1+'$ 0\/3|2 \X/1+|-|, 1 |<|\|0\X/ +|-|@+ 1+'$ @ |13! +|-|3 60[)$ |\/|@[)3 1337, @|\|[) 1+'$ |\|3\/3|2 60|\||\|@ [)13!
                        Indecipherable babal.

Comment

Indecipherable babal.
                          babble*

HAH! NEWB! Your powers over the keyboard r t3h fale!!

Comment

babble*

HAH! NEWB! Your powers over the keyboard r t3h fale!!
                            TROOF@!!!

Comment

The Gods made 1337, and they saw that it was good. They told me to use it often as hell, and I promised that I would. When losers say its over with, I know that its a lie! The Gods made 1337 and it's never gonna die!

Comment

Originally posted by bile demon View Post
                                The Gods made 1337, and they saw that it was good. They told me to use it often as hell, and I promised that I would. When losers say its over with, I know that its a lie! The Gods made 1337 and it's never gonna die!

Comment

Working...
                                X