No announcement yet.

Irreversible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, Irreversible was about life - taken for granted, taken away and given without a thought.
    And what Ichi said was right.. if the final scene doesnt get you and give you a REAL sense of loss, then you're beyond all help. The ending is brilliantly achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
      For me, Irreversible was about life - taken for granted, taken away and given without a thought.
      And what Ichi said was right.. if the final scene doesnt get you and give you a REAL sense of loss, then you're beyond all help. The ending is brilliantly achieved.
      yes i totally agree with this whole post.

i did feel bad for the victim at the end of the film.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams
        Meh, the more I think about Irreversible the more under whelming it seems. It's good, but not to the extent so many here give it credit for. I'm not sure I would consider either Nolan or Shyamalan great just yet, I'll need to see more. I was really down on Nolan actually, he hadn't made anything amazing, I was one of the few to go against the Memento bandwagon, it's decent, but forgettable and way too gimmicky. Insomnia is much of the same, under whelming, it's alright, but then he went and did Batman Begins so, being the huge fan that I am, I have to give him much respect for that. For bringing the character to the screen properly. That's his "great" film.
        OK, I'm way late on this, but have you seen Following?? That's Nolan's great film. It's awesome. Definitely check it out if you haven't seen it. And I personally really enjoyed Insomnia...not as good as the original, but the acting and direction was damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Phantasmo
          Not disturbing? Either you're smoking crack, or you're the kind of guy who finds Salo: 120 Days of Sodom hilarious.
          I actually agree with the guy. I didnt find it disturbing at all. I thought if anything it was an overly exploited load of crap that had very little substance and too much bullshit in there just to 'shock' and because it was such a try hard attempt to shock, to me, it just looked silly. Everything in there from the visuals to the homosexuality to the language used... all of it was just totally overdone. It made the movie impossible to relate to and therefore hard to take seriously. I think a masterpiece should be a lot deeper than that, but what I look for in a film is of course different to another.
          A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sav's My Space

Comment

Originally posted by Savieri
            I actually agree with the guy.
            thank you!

Comment

Not a fan of Irreversible. And I think Shyamalan proved he's a crap director when he did Lady in the Water.
              Last edited by Kupotek; 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM.
              KITTYSAFE.NET
              Facebook | Website
              | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

You can't compare Irreversible with Salo...the message Salo is trying to get across is completely lost in all of the nastiness shown on screen. It completely loses its intended impact. Irreversible is only truly nasty for the first 30 minutes, and it never loses focus on what it intends to set out to do. There aren't any acts thrown in just for the hell of it. They all play in with the storyline. It's not an endless stream of nastiness that's just there to shock (like August Underground: Mordum, Salo, Murder-Set-Pieces, and so on).

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Out of all the so-called 'shock' movies out there(I don't think this falls under that category, but a lot of people do, so I digress), it is the most coherent. It has a method, to all of its madness, there IS a point to it all. It is a very well made film, with effects that are nothing short of ingenius! The end shot is incredible! After all was said and done, it was that seen that made me feel the worst, yet it is easily the LEAST offensive scene in the whole movie. Again, fucking great movie!

Comment

Following and I Stand Alone

I agree that FOLLOWING is Nolan's great film. If you haven't seen it you are missing out. I have also seens Gasper Noe's I STAND ALONE. I found it almost equally as heart sickening as IRREVERSIBLE. His pro/antogonist is one of the most despicable characters I've ever seen...but the sickening part is that you actually start feeling bad for him at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamui_X
                      OK, I'm way late on this, but have you seen Following?? That's Nolan's great film. It's awesome. Definitely check it out if you haven't seen it. And I personally really enjoyed Insomnia...not as good as the original, but the acting and direction was damn good.
                      The Following is a good flick, but it's no where near the greatest that is Batman Begins...
                      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

i like noe's films a lot as well as ozon's...following is my favorite by nolan...all three have a unique way of presenting character driven films that are quite horrific...
                        Last edited by mehem; 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM.
                        http://www.myspace.com/mehemfilms

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mehem (d)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=5&id=mehem (v)

http://cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.a...C+title%5Fitem

Comment

Bungle knows what he's talking about. The Following is a damn fine movie though.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

The rape scene was nasty, but I was kinda like "whatever" after seeing it. It was the fire extinguisher scene that was more disturbing for me. Very unique film, interesting camerawork. Overall....9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by LRonHubbard View Post
                              You don't like CG-penis rape and fire-exsinguisher bludgeoning?
                              Yeah, what the fuck? A 30 minute long rape scene(ass rape) and a face smashing, teeth rearranged, smile removed, exsinguisher bludgeoning!!!How did you not find the movie to be disturbing?Mind you that I did find HAPPY FEET to be unsettling....Sick...Just Sick...
                              "...people may not know what we say here tonight, but sure as shit they'll remember what we do."-Texas Chainsaw Massacare:The Beginning

"I always wanted to be a surgeon"-Hostel

"Look down at me and you see a fool;
                              look up at me and you see a god;
                              look straight at me and you see yourself"
                              {Charles Manson}

sigpic

Comment

IRREVERSIBLE is an artsploitation classic imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X