Irreversible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irreversible

Well i watched this movie last nite and was really disappointed, i've heard everyone raving about how "disturbing" this film is and how grotesque it is, ummmmmm there were like 2 scenes that were "disturbing" throughout the whole movie so wtf?

i mean it was a good movie in how it was presented but i would hardly call this movie "disturbing", i give it a 7.5/10

You don't like CG-penis rape and fire-exsinguisher bludgeoning?
    We should start our own game, where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems.

Film ratings | The DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by blackdream71
      Well i watched this movie last nite and was really disappointed, i've heard everyone raving about how "disturbing" this film is and how grotesque it is, ummmmmm there were like 2 scenes that were "disturbing" throughout the whole movie so wtf?

i mean it was a good movie in how it was presented but i would hardly call this movie "disturbing", i give it a 7.5/10
      Not disturbing? Either you're smoking crack, or you're the kind of guy who finds Salo: 120 Days of Sodom hilarious.
      "Did I ever tell you about the guy who taught his asshole to speak?" --Bill Lee, Naked Lunch

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...d=el_phantasmo

Comment

I found Cannibal Holocaust unsettling. Cradle of Fear was dull. Ichi the Killer was fun. Irreversible made me queasy. Hell, just the fire-exstinguisher scene. I watched it and it made me sick. No other film really has, but just how his face became messed up... It made me feel sick...
        In a world of shit, we are the standard.

Comment

It's a lot more "disturbing" than any italian gore or german splatter films could ever dream of being. It's brutal, raw and looks too real... the end will make anyone with a heart feel like shit.
          - Philosophizzle -

Comment

Yes, there are two shocking scenes in the entire movie. But even prior to those events the film presents itself in a violent chaotic manner which I found to be unsettling or disturbing. I am talking about that long search for Le Tenia in The Rectum, the taxi ride, and the interrogation of the trannies. Irreversible plays with your senses, or some might say that it challenges them. Either way, you can't ignore the pulsing lights, amplified sound effects, shaky/swooping camera movements and that harsh siren-like noise that plays when they enter The Rectum. I've said this before and I'll say it again, this film is pure genius, and I really want to see what Gaspar Noe has in store for us next.

Comment

This whole FILM is disturbing...it's how these people's lives are completely destroyed in one day is what makes it so disturbing. Not violence, not gore, but the "realness" of it. And IMO, that's always much more disturbing than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavaboy
                Irreversible plays with your senses, or some might say that it challenges them. Either way, you can't ignore the pulsing lights, amplified sound effects, shaky/swooping camera movements and that harsh siren-like noise that plays when they enter The Rectum.

i think it's overkill in that regard. does itself a disservice........makes it appear to be more of a "gimmick flick" than the well constructed film it is. it's quite powerful enough without the camera tricks and such.

Comment

DAMN!!!!!! THAT WAS KINDA "I-KNOW-A-LOT-ABOUT-MOVIES-NOW-SUCK-MY-LITTLE-COCK" kinda vibe to it........eat yourself, cocksmoker
                  PS3 ID: beholdTHEgolfbag

Comment

Originally posted by beholdTHEgolfbag
                    DAMN!!!!!! THAT WAS KINDA "I-KNOW-A-LOT-ABOUT-MOVIES-NOW-SUCK-MY-LITTLE-COCK" kinda vibe to it........eat yourself, cocksmoker
                    hey you fuckin piece of trash why would you resort to name calling? that was totally uncalled for you fuckin norway faggot.
                    I presented my opinion and gave my rating of the movie, this forum is for posting opinions, so go fuck your mom with your trash talking! How old are you 15?

BITCH!
                    Last edited by blackdream71; 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Phantasmo
                      Not disturbing? Either you're smoking crack, or you're the kind of guy who finds Salo: 120 Days of Sodom hilarious.
                      well i'm not saying it's NOT a disturbing film, it's just not "August Underground" disturbing, i guess that's what i was expecting, i should have clarified myself, yes it was disturbing, just not in the way i was expecting, that's all....

Comment

well i'm not saying it's NOT a disturbing film, it's just not "August Underground" disturbing, i guess that's what i was expecting, i should have clarified myself, yes it was disturbing, just not in the way i was expecting, that's all....
                        Many times films like underground or flowers and flesh in blood are usually to over the top to be disturbing, often they have the exact opposite effect and just come off humorous. As where the heavy realism of flicks like irreversible seems to come out of nowhere, slap you in the face and leaving you pondering what in the hell you just watched. You just can't help but be a bit shaken after viewing..
                        Last edited by Count Dragula; 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM.
                        Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dragula
                          Many times films like underground or flowers and flesh in blood are usually to over the top to be disturbing, often they have the exact opposite effect and just come off humorous. As where the heavy realism of flicks like irreversible seems to come out of nowhere, slap you in the face and leaving you pondering what in the hell you just watched. You just can't help but be a bit shaken after viewing..
                          true true

what's up with idiots on this board verbally attacking people for given an opinion on a movie? i thought that was what forums like this was for?

that was totally uncalled for and VERY rude, some people don't know how to act like civilized human beings ala "beholdTHEgolfFAG"

Comment

what's up with idiots on this board verbally attacking people for given an opinion on a movie? i thought that was what forums like this was for?

that was totally uncalled for and VERY rude, some people don't know how to act like civilized human beings ala "beholdTHEgolfFAG"
                            People tend to take the movies they love seriously around here, and many times can come off pretty abrasive. That, and some off us are just fucking dicks..

Best advice is I can give if you intend on sticking around is, grow a little thicker skin and not to take things to heart.
                            Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by relsh
                              i think it's overkill in that regard. does itself a disservice........makes it appear to be more of a "gimmick flick" than the well constructed film it is. it's quite powerful enough without the camera tricks and such.
                              What you saw as gimmicky I saw as being experimental. In my view the experiment was a success since it achieved its purpose of unsettling the viewer and emphasizing (not exaggerating) the situations.

Well, you did come off with an attitude in your original post. It didn't sound like a simple inquiry, but a blatant dismissal of people who found Irreversible disturbing. As if they were wimps for not being able to stomach something you could.

Comment

Working...
                              X