CAT III film appreciation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaArana View Post

If you want the best Indonesian exploitation you can get your hands on, try the Asian Action Deadly Dolls DF with Lady Terminator and Dangerous Seductress. Funniest movies ever. (avoid all Barry Prima)
    Are they sub or dub?

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
      Are they sub or dub?
      I usually hate dubbed, but DUBBED! Like Rikki-oh or Biozombie... I cannot really figure out if it actually is them talking or voiceovers. Makes it fun, though.

The mother fucker is OOP already. Asian Action Deadly Dolls @ AmazonDo you use Private Trackers? I can give you the scoop on 'em if you know how to use them for the movies that are hard to get a hold of.

Lady Terminator is only 17 by its lonesome. It's worth it.LT @ Amazon

Say, Phil? Do you use CG? I must introduce you, if not. You seem worthy.
      Last edited by LaArana; 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

The mother fucker is OOP already. Asian Action Deadly Dolls @ AmazonDo you use Private Trackers? I can give you the scoop on 'em if you know how to use them for the movies that are hard to get a hold of.
        My computer can't handle shit like that .. it's very unfortunate. I find other ways of getting them .. but it takes forever

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
          My computer can't handle shit like that .. it's very unfortunate. I find other ways of getting them .. but it takes forever
          My heart bleeds for you, man.

Comment

Yeah, Riki-Oh is way overdue for me, but now that you guys have recommended, it will be getting Amazoned pronto

@LaArana - What is CG? Hope i don't sound like a total dumbass for asking!

Here are some more that i haven't seen yet. I'm not so interested in the softcore stuff either,

The Eternal Evil of Asia
            A Lamb of Despair
            My Wife's Lover
            The Lover of The Empress
            Crazy Love (not to be confused with Dominique Deruddere's film)
            The Seventh Curse
            Girls Unbutton
            Angel Heart (not the Alan Parker film)
            Body Weapon
            Erotic Agent 2
            Sex and Zen trilogy
            There is a Secret In My Soup
            Pretty woman (no, not the Julia Roberts chunk o shit!)
            Daughter of Darness
            The Longest Nite (rated Cat iib, but is still quite nasty, or so i hear)
            Happy Together
            The Fruit Is Swelling
            Bloody Buns
            The Peeping Tom
            Horrible High Heels
            Election
            Election 2 (aka Triad Election)
            Mad Detective
            The Cat
            Gong Tau

If you've seen any, let me know what you think, yeah?

Comment

Sex and Zen are great. I dunno a lot that you list. I'll PM IM you about CG.

Comment

Sex and Zen are great. I dunno a lot that you list. I'll PM IM you about CG.
                Ok, wonder what it could be... Chocolate Gnome? Had my Easter egg already!

Are Sex and Zen just softcore? Any violence and mayhem in those?

Comment

The situations in Sex and Zen are like... positions you'd NEVER think you'd see - sorta like Russ Meyer films but less cartoony. Other than the AWESOME sex scenes with the most BEAUTIFUL of Asian darlings, the movie is a fucking riot. I laughed my arse off throughout that whole deal. I even gave it an 8 for being... just being what it is. You must see the horse cock transplant and ass-to-ass flute scene. YOU MUST. OR PERISH.

Comment

Sounds gurrrd! I bet the sex scenes can't match the 'flying fuckers' in A Chinese Torture Chamber?

And happy birthday man, you're catching up to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      And happy birthday man, you're catching up to me!
                      Vielen Dank. Damn near 3 decades old now. I can feel the ripening taking place : x I scoped out Robotrix today and typed up more words than the movie deserves.

Robotrix ('91) - The present day in Robotrix includes advanced robots - cyborgs. A mad genius kidnaps the son of a King in order to obtain a certain power of many robots to probably slay humanity. The guy doesn't have morals. After disemboweling himself and transferring his thoughts/memories over to his own cyborg creation, the antagonist(Sakamoto) goes on a whore-killing spree. He doesn't just screw the women but pumps the life out of them.
                      A newly dead cop(Linda AKA actress Chikako A) is resurrected and back on the police force, teamed up with a scientist(her maker of the second time), Anna( AKA actress Amy Yip - another 'borg with no previous memory), and a clumsy crew of officers.
                      So, it's pretty much cat and mouse from this point onward. Like most CAT3's the acting is silly and the editing/soundtrack, horrible. Everything is average, here. After seeing a couple of other CATs, the violence and OTT bits just don't create much more spark to me. I know The Heroic Trio came out 2 years later, but it's so fucking similar. THT lacks the "bare necessities" of a proper CAT3, so I guess that puts it in IIB? Still, I like THT more even if Amy and Chikako don't offer four perky, well-endowed reasons to view it. 5 / 10

Cool bits to me: random dance scene!
                      and I LOVE when a person gets run over repeatedly. That just cracks me up. Yes, Robotrix includes one of those.

Comment

Yeah, Robotrix isn't the best CAT III out there but it's alright. Heroic Trio probably iib but that's also quite entertaining!
                        I'll be watching Riki-Oh this after, should be fun!

Comment

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it. It's not unwatchable, just seemed rehashed(even if that's backwards for me). Rewatchable? Not so much.

I bought a shit copy of The Heroic Trio from this eBay seller in HK. The guy implied that it was the full-length, uncut version. Those Tai Seng releases are damn elusive 'n' scarce(the good ones).

The Story of Ricky - Just the mere thought of its existence puts me in good spirits. You'll love it.

Comment

Red to Kill ('94) - Whoa. I had to take a shower after this one. It's probably one of the most bleak movies I've seen ... utterly depraved, for my viewing pleasure.

Billy Tang was really holding out with his previous film, Run and Kill. Although, binding then setting a 5 year old kid ablaze was pretty extreme. You can see that done comically here:

[YOUTUBE]nIfLGqBuMdk[/YOUTUBE]

This isn't a full-on review 'cause I'm too tired for all that. I will say that Mr Chan, the serial killer / rapist is one of the most fucked up villains I've ever known. That being said, the first 7 minutes of RED TO KILL entail: defenestration, infanticide, suicide, rape, murder, necrophilia. Now that's entertainment, folks.

I grabbed a few of my favorite shots in "Engrish" for display:

Comment

Red to Kill ('94) - Whoa. I had to take a shower after this one. It's probably one of the most bleak movies I've seen ... utterly depraved, for my viewing pleasure.

Billy Tang was really holding out with his previous film, Run and Kill. Although, binding then setting a 5 year old kid ablaze was pretty extreme. You can see that done comically here:

[YOUTUBE]nIfLGqBuMdk[/YOUTUBE]

This isn't a full-on review 'cause I'm too tired for all that. I will say that Mr Chan, the serial killer / rapist is one of the most fucked up villains I've ever known. That being said, the first 7 minutes of RED TO KILL entail: defenestration, infanticide, suicide, rape, murder, necrophilia. Now that's entertainment, folks.

I grabbed a few of my favorite shots in "Engrish" for display:

Hahaha! Yeah, Red To Kill is fuckin mental. I have another Billy Tang movie, Daughter of Darkness ready to watch later, even the torrent has warning tags allover it lol. Ya never know what he's capable of next, that Billy Tang. Lower-than-a-snails-arse-cinema, i love it!

Riki-Oh was superb! It looked cheap and nasty compared to other Cat 3's but i think most of the budget went on the gore! So thanks for the heads up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                                Hahaha! Yeah, Red To Kill is fuckin mental. I have another Billy Tang movie, Daughter of Darkness ready to watch later, even the torrent has warning tags allover it lol. Ya never know what he's capable of next, that Billy Tang. Lower-than-a-snails-arse-cinema, i love it!

Riki-Oh was superb! It looked cheap and nasty compared to other Cat 3's but i think most of the budget went on the gore! So thanks for the heads up on that.
                                Mental. That's a play on words, a? Seriously, this is why I love the Chinese. You won't find anything like that in Western movies. R2K makes Irreversible pale in comparison[regarding the rape].

Riki-Oh is a CAT3 that is pretty distinguishable from the rest. It doesn't take itself seriously and is OTT just like the comic / manga. No sex - just pure, unadulterated violence, mayhem, and gore.

Comment

Working...
                                X