Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAT III film appreciation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Yeah, i can see what you're saying about R2K, the rapes are made somehow worse because the women are mentally handicapped. Filmmakers would never get away with stuff like that in the west...

    Daughter of Darkness is superb!There's lots of dark humour in there, Anthony Wongs police officer is ridiculous lol. And there's a real nasty bloodbath at the end. Excellent CAT 3! Oh yeah, it's not directed by Billy Tang, it was by Ivan Lai. Sex and Zen next ...

    Comment


    • #32
      Don't Play With Fire / Dangerous Encounters: 1st Kind (1980) - I took this one on by your word, Phil. The first half is interesting. Punk-ass kids, anarchy, and terrorism. The chick of the 4 was THE character. Watching her torture mice and kill that cat was something else[Yes, a real cat was dropped from a very high height into barbed wire]. She was just majorly fucked. Her exit from the screen was... I didn't expect that["You're watching a cat iii film, dumbass"]. There were some brief moments of violence shown, but it seemed like only a handful of them were there. I was thinking there'd be more. THEN the ending showed its beautiful head. 8 / 10

      I've got to say that I've much respect for Tsui, Hark. He made me want to fling shit after Zu Warriors, The Era of Vampires(really, this was no Sifu Eternal), and A Chinese Ghost Story[the animation]. Those were my first experiences with the guy We Are Going To Eat You seemed way too choppy for my taste. I may need to look at that again, because I was watching it with the wrong crowd. It was definitely unique.

      In my search for wuxia films, Green Snake easily became one of my favorites. A Chinese Ghost Story iii was actually OK though Leslie Cheung did not return. [rip] Dragon Inn kicks copious rump. I understand he only had a small bit to do with that one. His good and bad films seemed to be balanced, but he proves he can make movies no matter what genre they may be.
      Last edited by LaArana; 04-18-2010, 06:53 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        I watched Naked Killer ('92) today. Best hit women vs lesbian hit women movie to ever be.

        Comment


        • #34
          Ha, glad you liked Dangerous Encounters - It's strange how we should be getting used to these movies but they continue to surprise us with how low they can go (in a good way, of course!). I'm gona check out Dragon Inn, sounds interesting - In fact, there are so many i've yet to see, i can feel a serious binge and purge of the net coming on...

          Sex & Zen was alright (the sex outweighed the zen by about 90%, which was cool). And you're right, there were some strange positions going on like the guy holding on to the chain in the air (waste of energy if you ask me). Some of it was like the Kama Sutra on acid. And the old guy who makes his appearances by summersaulting through the windows was pretty awesome! The production values were impressive too.

          Comment


          • #35
            Watched Her Vengeance (AKA I Piss On Your Urn).And wow! it's a CAT III bomb! The rape and subsequent revenge attacks weren't very graphic and this had me dismayed thinking i had a cut up version, but the ending more than makes up for it, another crazy bloodbath! A solid entry in the meoww sub-genre, if you don't check it out you're a cock smoker...

            I have couple more to watch too - Lady Ninja Kasumi and My Crazy Love For You,

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
              Ha, glad you liked Dangerous Encounters - It's strange how we should be getting used to these movies but they continue to surprise us with how low they can go (in a good way, of course!). I'm gona check out Dragon Inn, sounds interesting - In fact, there are so many i've yet to see, i can feel a serious binge and purge of the net coming on...
              Edit:oops, I'M GOING ON ABOUT NAKED KILLER, HERE. NOT DANGEROUS ENCOUNTERS. BUT DANGEROUS ENCOUNTERS IS WAY COOL.I could watch hot, big breasted, scantily clad Chinese women murder unmercifully and make out with each other rampantly all day every day fo' life. Well, I will always like a film of such magnitude here and there, is what I mean. The ending to Dragon Inn is just so cool. Brigitte Lin and Maggie Cheung together will NEVER EVER fail to impress me. It's just so suiting. God, Brigitte is so hot even as a man : x
              Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
              Sex & Zen was alright (the sex outweighed the zen by about 90%, which was cool). And you're right, there were some strange positions going on like the guy holding on to the chain in the air (waste of energy if you ask me). Some of it was like the Kama Sutra on acid. And the old guy who makes his appearances by summersaulting through the windows was pretty awesome! The production values were impressive too.
              Hysterical erotic slapstick! Ass-to-ass flute-banging! : silly string: YEAH.

              Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
              Watched Her Vengeance (AKA I Piss On Your Urn).And wow! it's a CAT III bomb! The rape and subsequent revenge attacks weren't very graphic and this had me dismayed thinking i had a cut up version, but the ending more than makes up for it, another crazy bloodbath! A solid entry in the meoww sub-genre, if you don't check it out you're a cock smoker...

              I have couple more to watch too - Lady Ninja Kasumi and My Crazy Love For You,
              A HK production CUT UP? NO WAY. Lemme know how you feel about those other beotches. I'll watch I Piss On Your Urn one of these days.

              Obviously, I've been cutting back on the Cat iii, but this week I'll more than definitely make up for it.
              Last edited by LaArana; 05-04-2010, 07:53 AM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Excellent! Yeah, the babes are hot in these movies, especially Sex & Zen. You mentioned the arse-to-arse flute fuckin', did you notice any bum notes? Sorry, bad joke... Still haven't tracked down Dragon Inn yet, still looking.

                My Crazy Love For You is actually one i've already seen (under the title Crazy Love). It's about some crazy guy who is obsessed with a tv news reporter and he stalks her and murders anyone who gets in his way, and ultimately ruins her life. It's also hysterically funny and includes one of the great lines in all of Hong Kong cinema at the end - Look out for it.

                Lady Ninja Kasumi is a Japanese low budget chunk of shit shot on dv. I watched it with no subs, but it's basically about a female samurai who slaughters and fucks her way through feudal Japan. It has a short running time but it's boring. The sex scenes are almost completely static, and the fight scenes are cliched and really quite tame.

                Also finally got to see Intruder, and even with no subs this is a superb movie. This time we have a psycho chick who charms her way into homes and murders the occupants. It's played straight too with no humour, and is quite a vicious little movie. I'm surprised it doesn't have more of a cult following. Highly recommended!

                Comment


                • #38
                  I used to love Cat3 films, I had a pretty big collection at one time. The films in this thread bring back memories . I dug up a Love To Kill the other day not sure if its been mentioned yet, its pretty good and one of the last films I bought.

                  Also, Secret In My Soup is based on a true story but isnt there a second film based on the same story? I could be wrong but Im sure I own both, Ill have to go through my DVDrs.

                  And, isnt there a sequel to Daughter of Darkness? And I know there is Brother Of Darkness, but god its been years since Ive seen any of these movies.

                  Yes Red To Kill rules but Ive alway been partial to Ebola Syndrome.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Had to order a bunch of these, they're completely insane!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post
                      I used to love Cat3 films, I had a pretty big collection at one time. The films in this thread bring back memories . I dug up a Love To Kill the other day not sure if its been mentioned yet, its pretty good and one of the last films I bought.

                      Also, Secret In My Soup is based on a true story but isnt there a second film based on the same story? I could be wrong but Im sure I own both, Ill have to go through my DVDrs.

                      And, isnt there a sequel to Daughter of Darkness? And I know there is Brother Of Darkness, but god its been years since Ive seen any of these movies.

                      Yes Red To Kill rules but Ive alway been partial to Ebola Syndrome.
                      I've seen about a dozen of these movies, so I'm still a beginner. Cool memories to be unearthing, no? All you mention is in my queue, but I'm trying to thin the watches out with other movies from the exploitation genre. Soon, though. Ebola is more black comedy than sick, straight-up exploitational like Red to Kill. Both, I like for diff reasons.

                      Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      Excellent! Yeah, the babes are hot in these movies, especially Sex & Zen. You mentioned the arse-to-arse flute fuckin', did you notice any bum notes? Sorry, bad joke... Still haven't tracked down Dragon Inn yet, still looking.
                      I associate Dragon Inn with the harmless, fantastical wuxia genre more than cat 3. I know you can have both, but it's one of those tame films with violence here and there. No nudity.
                      Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      My Crazy Love For You / Crazy Love. Look out for it.
                      Will do.
                      Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      Lady Ninja Kasumi
                      Will avoid til the end.
                      Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      Also finally got to see Intruder, and even with no subs this is a superb movie. This time we have a psycho chick who charms her way into homes and murders the occupants. It's played straight too with no humour, and is quite a vicious little movie. I'm surprised it doesn't have more of a cult following. Highly recommended!
                      No subs? I could never do that, even though the movies always do a good job of suggesting what's going on.

                      Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                      Had to order a bunch of these, they're completely insane!
                      "Insanity" does not quite cover it or justify them, yo!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A big thanks to LaArana for recommending Devil Fetus! It's fuckin mint!

                        A woman buys a strange vase, takes it home, and uses it as a dildo - She winds up getting herself pregnant from said dildo (!), and a demon claws its way out of her stomach and causes mayhem... Words can't describe how fucked up this movie is! A woman vomits, and the puke comes alive and possesses an alsation (?) who then starts chomping on its owners, naturally. The man slays the dog with a (very nice) samurai sword, but when he attempts to bury it in the garden, he too becomes possessed via a strange laser beam from the dead dogs eye. He then rips open the dogs stomach and eats all the guts! And it looks fuckin real! Things get even more bizarre as the possessed man puts on some make up and goes on a rape and murder rampage! 5 stars!

                        You should put this one on your list Iggy.

                        I didn't know there was another sequel to Daughter of Darkness, or another film based on the same story as Secret In My Soup. If you remember the titles, be sure to let me know, yeah?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I think Im wrong on the Daughter of Darkness sequel. But Im pretty sure there is another version of the There is A Secret In My Soup movie story. I need to quit being lazy and do some research.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            You forgot to mention the dog-to-female human fellatio, Phil. Heh.

                            It's odd that everyone was OK with the two cousins getting together. More than that, it seemed encouraged. Maybe this is common in HK?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post
                              I think Im wrong on the Daughter of Darkness sequel. But Im pretty sure there is another version of the There is A Secret In My Soup movie story. I need to quit being lazy and do some research.
                              I'm gonna Google it. Many of the CAT III films were based on true stories, so i don't think i'll be visiting HK any time soon

                              Originally posted by LaArana View Post
                              You forgot to mention the dog-to-female human fellatio, Phil. Heh.

                              It's odd that everyone was OK with the two cousins getting together. More than that, it seemed encouraged. Maybe this is common in HK?
                              Dog went down on a human female? Damn i missed that bit (but i was a baked on blonde Lebenese hash). I'll be watching it again 'straight' soon, so i'll keep a lookout for it.
                              As for the incest, the version i watched had no subs (again) so that was lost on me. Somehow i get the feeling it would've made even less sense with English subs lol. And what was the deal with that Wizard-type fella with the sword and laser beams, and sending out puppet army? I liked it!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                                As for the incest, the version i watched had no subs (again) so that was lost on me. Somehow i get the feeling it would've made even less sense with English subs lol. And what was the deal with that Wizard-type fella with the sword and laser beams, and sending out puppet army? I liked it!
                                Well, the subs I had, I think they were underneath some yellow Japanese characters, so it was even then hard to make out what was said. We need to fix you up with proper SRT files, yo.

                                The wizard dude... is beyond me. I sorta don't have a recollection of a lot that happened in that one. I posted a small review about it. two years ago, at little Splatterday.

                                Oh, the dog eating that white lady's cooch can be seen during that gathering / party scene - you know, when the cake turns into maggots or some shit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X