X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Drummer

Ex Drummer (2007)

Based on a novel by Herman Brusselmans

Synopsis:Three handicapped losers who form a band ask famous writer Dries to be their drummer. He joins the band and starts manipulating them. From IMDB

I had a chance to check the movie out today. One reviewer on IMDB compared this to Trainspotting and I agree, but its slightly darker and at times much more violent. I thought it was a trippy, sick and twisted good time.

Anyone else enjoy this one?

Couldn't agree more! Ex-Drummer is just one big mindfuck, and it can be compared to Trainspotting, even though I actually prefer Ex Drummer. The characters are kinda loveable in a weird way, and the whole film is humouros, even though it's really depressing. The best thing is the way the film is narrated, putting focus on each of the characters on his own, telling short little "jokes" etc. Instant classic...
    THANATIC MANIFESTATIONS : WEBZINE FOR SICK ART

THANATIC MANIFESTATIONS ON FACEBOOK

Comment

Dries - "Hey Big Dick, why do they call you Big Dick, is it metaphorical?"

Big Dick - "Metaphorical, my arse!"

Just watched this, it was pretty decent. It's surreal, violent, angsty, blackly hilarious ("Let me give you one, oh what a lovely stomach!"), and has a crazy battle of the bands and an even crazier bloodbath at the end. And the soundtrack was pretty cool!

Comment

I this film...

Comment

It is brilliant!

Comment

What is this film actually about. Is it horror? I'm very interested in it and I'm thinking about giving it a buy!
            ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
              What is this film actually about. Is it horror? I'm very interested in it and I'm thinking about giving it a buy!
              No, it is not. It is a kind of black comedy as an ultraviolent comic and underground but transferred to the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                No, it is not. It is a kind of black comedy as an ultraviolent comic and underground but transferred to the screen.
                The poster makes it look quite disturbing though. Just what is it really about?

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                  The poster makes it look quite disturbing though. Just what is it really about?
                  It is disturbing.. Imagine a movie like "Trainspotting", but without the recognition of that. Basically, a recognized writer is introduced in a punk band to play drums with three handicapped people, each one of them more ludicrous than the other. Thus, in Ex Drummer there is comedy, black humor, violence and an evident drama in its final stretch.

Comment

I finally saw this last night and really loved it. The directing was incredibly stylish and arresting. I also really liked the characters, despite none of them being very likable. More people need to discover this!

8/10

Comment

Working...
                    X