IP Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Man

Didn't see a thread about this so sorry if it exists but I just saw this and it was awesome. IP Man is a semi-biographical movie about the Kung Fu Master that not only helped train civilian Chinese to defeat invading Japanese forces in WWII but he is Bruce Lee's Master. Real fun Kung-Fu movie if you like that kind of thing 8/10

I bought this on bluray without knowing much about it, and I loved every minute of it.

[SPOILER]Especially the 10 on 1 fight....fucking hell.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I know right! Donnie Yen is so good.

Comment

Hells yes. Great movie. I just got part two. I showed my buddy the first and he loved it. I think he's watched it more than I have so Im gonna wait till I hang out with him to watch the second. Apparently there's also a third but it doesnt have donnie yen.
        If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
          Hells yes. Great movie. I just got part two. I showed my buddy the first and he loved it. I think he's watched it more than I have so Im gonna wait till I hang out with him to watch the second. Apparently there's also a third but it doesnt have donnie yen.
          blasphemy! The second is great. Has one of the coolest fights ever. I'd put it in my top 5, 10 easily.

Comment

HOW COME I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS THREAD???

Brilliant movie and it's my 3rd fav martial arts film of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by sarsoor View Post

Donnie Yen has 2 movies better than this one. If you guys haven't seen Killzone or Flash Point make sure you do it asap

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                Donnie Yen has 2 movies better than this one. If you guys haven't seen Killzone or Flash Point make sure you do it asap
                Haven't seen either. Going to try and track them down.

Comment

Haven't seen either. Going to try and track them down.
                  You will love them.

Initially Flash Point was my favorite but it has been surpassed by Kill Zone. Probably my #1 MA movie

Comment

because Foreign Entertainment gets little love.

Comment

Thanks Split. Just put them at the top of my queue.

Better than IP Man is a tall order.

Comment

Im watching the end of flash point right now and so far this movie has been pretty ridiculous and drawn out. The story is pretty bland (cops vs triad), the editing is bad, especially mixed with the dramatic music (the bomb scene in particular was pretty hokey). The movie didnt even have that much action in it. The final fight had some saving graces but other wise it was a pretty low standard flick. IP Man is LEAGUES ahead of Flash Point. Im almost scared to watch Kill zone.
                        If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

One of the best martial arts films of the last 10 years, it's a shame Donnie Yen backed out of the 3rd Yip(IP) Man film, it would of been one the best trilogies but he felt the IP Man "genre" was getting crowded.. damn shame

Yip(IP) man 2 was also great, i really need to pick it up on Blu-Ray but i can't really afford to drop $30 on a blu-ray right now.

I disagree, his acting and the martial arts are far superior in Yip(IP) Man 1 and 2 then those films, those are good films but i don't think they are better, also i would suggest Dragon Tiger Inn, Iron Monkey, Tiger Cage 2 and In The Line of Duty 4 over those, also Seven Swords, Empress and the Warriors and 14 Blades are worth checking out.
                          Last edited by Sion; 02-20-2011, 11:46 PM.

PSN = K3nSh1n
                          Steam ID

Comment

Just finished IP Man. It's simply incredible. One of the best marital arts flicks I've seen in years. It simply blew me away.

I've always liked Donnie Yen since I first saw him in Once Upon a Time in China II. He completely owned the screen in this movie.

Watching the sequel now.

Oh Flash Point and Kill Zone are great. I really liked them but they don't even come close to being as good as IP Man.
                            Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

I love these films,I'm just a sucker for these old school martial arts movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X