13 Assassins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Assassins

Anyone else going to see this movie!? It looks fucking fantastic and I love Miike's other work and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Here is the trailer

[YOUTUBE]IzbkXo7bo[/YOUTUBE]

I saw it and it is fucking fantastic. It's got the Helms Deep of ninja climax it has going on. Great movie and the best Chambara film I've seen in a very long time.
    "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Frankenstein's Monster.

Comment

I plan to grab this one on DVD. I love Japanese samurai movies and this sounds awesome.

Comment

Looks great! I'm also a Miike fan, so I can't wait to see this.

Comment

I've yet to hear a negative thing about this movie. Too bad my town sucks and just plays "hollywood" movies. The nearest theatre playing it is an hour away.

Comment

This is a truly enjoyable movie. Excellent drama and acting leading up to the insane action-packed climax. It has some of Miike's patented craziness (which were probably the weakest parts of the film; I'm not a really big fan of his) but they are forgivable because everything else is so solid. Highly recommended for anyone who likes samurai films or just really good, well-paced action films.

Comment

Excellent film, truly one of the best films in the last 11 years IMO!!!

Comment

Finally got to see this. and loved it so much. It's the best movie I've seen this year easily.

Comment

I'm thinking about checking this out tonight. Definitely looks worth a viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleBarreledShotgun View Post
                    I'm thinking about checking this out tonight. Definitely looks worth a viewing.
                    You will most likely come to this conclusion:

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey
                    It's the best movie I've seen this year easily.
                    I bet you do!
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Alvasin
                      Much has already been written about 13 Assassins here at, so I'll forgo subjecting readers to yet another plot summary.
                      instead you'll give us a post about not wanting to post your opinion. Thanks!

Besides there has only been 9 comments, 10 including yours and some of them are people (myself) who have come back to comment, so there really hasn't been that much debate/gushing over this film.

Maybe come the AG Draft I'll draft it in the first round to force people to have no excuse to check it out and then this thread will get some more response.

Comment

Fucking Amazing film, Miike really shows awesomeness! This brought back memories of the seven samurai and a touch of miike style horrific happenings to subtle but strong wisdom.

Check it!!!

Comment

Not really a Miike fan at all but this movie is pretty damn amazing and ends with one of the best battle scenes in a movie I have ever seen. Definitely going to have to buy this

Might have to slot it behind Seven Samurai as the second best Samurai movie I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                            Not really a Miike fan at all but this movie is pretty damn amazing and ends with one of the best battle scenes in a movie I have ever seen. Definitely going to have to buy this

Might have to slot it behind Seven Samurai as the second best Samurai movie I have seen
                            Spread the word! This movie needs more love! hehe

Comment

Yeah, this was pretty great. A blind buy that worked out for a change. I'm not a huge Miike fan, but this was a treat.

Comment

Working...
                              X