Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Circus (2010)

The Last Circus (2010)

1937, Spain is in the midst of the brutal Spanish Civil War. A "Happy" circus clown is interrupted mid-performance and forcibly recruited by a militia. Still in his costume, he is handed a machete and led into battle against National soldiers, where he single handedly massacres an entire platoon. This absurd and disturbing scenario raises the curtain on a twisted tale of love, revenge, and psychopathic clowns that could only spring from the mind of filmmaker Álex de la Iglesia.
    Trailer:
    [YOUTUBE]C8sEZAB13_o[/YOUTUBE]

Personally I thought it a good movie with wonderful visual style, which manages some good moments, but as the film progresses, I think the plot was losing more strength as it further into the bizarre world of the circus, and nearing the end things put more than rare so do not convince me fully. Someone else saw it, opinions?

More information:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572491/
    http://www.thelastcircusmovie.com/

Iglesia is known for going over the big top("big top" - get it?: )
    I enjoyed the movie a great deal, but then again, I'm an Iglesia fanboy. I've been following his work since Accion Mutante.

There was NO THREAD for this movie at all until you made one? That baffles me.

It didn't get but select theater treatment, here, in the states. The feedback was awesome.

Oh: and How about that score/soundtrack, eh? S'a good one.
    Last edited by ReptilianPig; 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM.
    There is no such thing as DEATH; it's just a trrransformation.
    No hay fin para ti. No hay fin para mi.

------------------------------------------------

My old place in toronto had a bidet...I liked using it, cleaned the shit outta there + it felt good. Ever masturbate with a stream of water on your asshole? Feels great, try it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ReptilianPig View Post

Me too, thanks Reactimento!
      Have this on Blu, waiting to be watched. Will surely report back.
      Last edited by Santa; 11-28-2011, 05:03 PM.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I was contemplating watching this a while ago, but then completely forgot about it. I'll probably give it a go soon.

Thanks for the reminder and review.

Comment

Originally posted by ReptilianPig View Post

Oh: and How about that score/soundtrack, eh? S'a good one.
          For a moment I thought I was the only one who had seen this movie.
          Yes, the music is very appropriate to the story that the movie purports to tell.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
          Me too, thanks Reactimento!
          Have this on Blu, waiting to be watched. Will surely report back.
          You're welcome, hope you like it.

Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
          I was contemplating watching this a while ago, but then completely forgot about it. I'll probably give it a go soon.

Thanks for the reminder and review.
          You should, definitely is a movie worth seeing.

Comment

I see this is on Netflix. It looks crazy as hell.

Comment

I watched it on Netflix earlier this week, and aside from some bad CGI I really enjoyed it.
              DVD Aficionado: http://keenanjameshetfield.dvdaf.com/

LastFM: http://www.last.fm/user/KeenanAndKel

Comment

just saw it with some friends on netflix. amazing as hell 10/10

My mind=fucked. The ending made me cry.

Comment

also this

[YOUTUBE]Ipi9pFoIMS0&[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Just watched this.. fantastic movie. The plot was great and I loved the ominous vibe through-out. [SPOILER]In particular, the way Javier's descent into madness was portrayed was brilliant.. it was pretty convincing.[/SPOILER] It had a raw grit you don't see very often anymore, and it definitely had a realistic quality to it.. the soundtrack fit perfectly as well. I definitely need to check out more of Iglesia's work..
                    sigpic

LATEST HORROR FLICKS:
                    Martyrs ( 2008 ) (8/10)
                    The Woman ( 2011 ) (/10)
                    Grave Encounters ( 2011 ) (/10)
                    Inside ( 2007 ) (9/10)
                    The Howling: Reborn ( 2011 ) (/10)

Comment

Originally posted by ruh liajli darar View Post
                      Just watched this.. fantastic movie. The plot was great and I loved the ominous vibe through-out. [SPOILER]In particular, the way Javier's descent into madness was portrayed was brilliant.. it was pretty convincing.[/SPOILER] It had a raw grit you don't see very often anymore, and it definitely had a realistic quality to it.. the soundtrack fit perfectly as well. I definitely need to check out more of Iglesia's work..
                      I recommend you look at his movie The Day of the Beast. is devilishly fun, a juicy way to combine horror, comedy, fantasy and action.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112922/

Comment

Originally posted by CattoAreverior
                        Oh, my God!
                        You again, what happened this time?

Comment

Álex de la Iglesia doesn't ever seem to get the the notice he deserves.
                          Every one of his movies I've seen deserves high praise. And this is no different.

Comment

This looks great. I've had it in my queue, but after watching the trailer, I'm def going to sit down and watch it. I wonder if there's a Gacy-inspired clown?
                            The gods of metal are not pleased. Expect to find Jack Black shitting in your shoes one random morning.

Comment

Wow. Didn't know so many people enjoyed this movie so much. I, too, unfortunately, watched it on Netflix. I guess it was horrible for me because I hate clowns. Absolutely hate the fuckers. And to see THOSE clowns...the [SPOILER]deformities[/SPOILER] and all....omg. I remember the night after me and Ty watched it I snuggled up real close to him and I could hear sounds in the kitchen like the water dripping from the faucet or the air kicking on and it would cause me to jump. I kept expecting one of the crazy looking fuckers to sick his head up over the side of the bed and grin at me in the dark. *shiver* OMG. I'll never watch it again, but even though it scared the shit out of me (which is very unusual...these days hardly nothing scares the shit out of me), but I'm glad I watched it. It was definitely different. And absolutely scary if you're like me and hate clowns.

Its worth checking out once. Anything after that would be a waste of time because as the movie progresses the story line kind of goes crazy. Hard to understand what happens and why at some points. Ugh. I just get shivers thinking about the bullshit. lol.

But definitely worth the watch. Just beware of the clown heads popping up from underneath the bed. Ugh. lol
                              "Living in a world where vampires are the dominant species is about as safe as bare backing a five dollar whore."

KIK MESSENGER ACCOUNT: TODESQUEENCM

Comment

Working...
                              X