Bullhead (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullhead (2011)

Recently nominated by the Academy for Best Foreign Film, Bullhead was shown already at several film festivals, which all hailed it tremendously. The film will be released in the US on Feb. 22nd and will be distributed by Alamo Drafthouse Films.

Bullhead from Belgium revolves around Jacky Vanmarsenille, a cattle farmer who is approached by a ruthless Veterinarian suggesting him a lucrative deal with a shady West-Flemish beef trader. This has sweeping consequences for the young farmer, who has, among other odds, subsequently to deal with the belgian hormon mafia.
    Bullhead is an exciting tragedy about fate, lost innocence and friendship, about crime and punishment, but also about conflicting desires and the irreversibility of a man's destiny.

[YOUTUBE]5fvLVNlMvus[/YOUTUBE]
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

This looks pretty intense.

Comment

This was an absolutely outstanding film in terms of character study, the inability to escape ones destiny and the subsequent consequences, in this case very tragic ones. All is sorted out well, script, cinematography, acting.
      Get your hands on this, if you dig films with a message and depth regarding in characters. And it is very saddening as well.
      I catched a Blu-ray rip off the web with english subtitles, since it won't show up in theaters - it is really worth a watch.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
      X