No announcement yet.

The Raid (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to this one as well! I hope it actually has some decent plot and characters though. I don't just want a film full of mindless action! (Or do I?)
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
      I'm looking forward to this one as well! I hope it actually has some decent plot and characters though. I don't just want a film full of mindless action! (Or do I?)
      there's a big difference from mindless action and this movie. If there were no dialogue and it was just fighting, the way the movie is shot and the fights are choreographed, it wouldn't matter. But you get so pumped for this movie I was internally going "fuck yeah!" every scene. as I said before, mindless action is like "Shoot Em Up" where it gets kind of boring this movie is just awesome.

Comment

Roger Ebert gave this a bad review but even he pointed out that he's in the minority.
        53 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
          Roger Ebert gave this a bad review but even he pointed out that he's in the minority.
          I think I have only ever liked Roger Ebert's opinion on one thing and that was when he apologized and redacted his negative review on Ace Ventura.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
            I think I have only ever liked Roger Ebert's opinion on one thing and that was when he apologized and redacted his negative review on Ace Ventura.
            I actually watched the old Siskel and Ebert review of that recently. He HATED that.

Comment

I actually watched the old Siskel and Ebert review of that recently. He HATED that.
              This movie sucks! ... oh its hugely popular and everyone loves it...I'm-sorry?
              Ebert...

Comment

This movie sucks! ... oh its hugely popular and everyone loves it...I'm-sorry?
                Ebert...

I loved Ace Ventura when I was younger, especially the chick in the beginning.

Comment

I loved Ace Ventura when I was younger, especially the chick in the beginning.
                  I remember I had no idea what she was doing to him.

Comment

I remember I had no idea what she was doing to him.
                    Me too.

"Real friendly around here!"

Comment

for all of his faults, roger ebert loved both dawn of the dead and the devil's rejects. that's worth something.

the raid was fucking awesome! it managed to make an 1 and 45 minutes of fighting unique and interesting. the characters were fleshed out enuf, the building was in and of itself, totally cool, the battle sequences were gorgeous, and the hero is as bad ass a motherfucker as i've seen. plus, seeing an indonesian movie was pretty cool. i'm hard pressed to think anyone here wouldn't like this movie.

2015 all-genre draft
                      1. hero at large (1980)
                      2. mystery men (1999)
                      3. super (2010)
                      4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                      5. batman returns (1992)
                      6, spider-man strikes back (197
                      7. the specials (2000)
                      8. darkman (1990)
                      9. supergirl (1984)
                      10. defendor (2009)

Comment

It is a pure action film, the script is pretty empty and simplistic, not too deeply in the lives of the characters or their psychological aspects but if what you want is blood, action and spectacular fights then this is your movie, another thing to point out is that hardly any pauses, ends a fight, and another begins giving a frenetic pace to the film and making it virtually impossible to get bored.

Also the last fight near the end of the movie is quite spectacular!!!

Comment

The Raid
                          Everything's true about that movie. It is boneshattering to the core, no wires, no fakes, just the real deal right here. Didn't see such fantastic choreographed stuff in years or better: ever. Plus: the brutality of the fierce combat scenes leave you just mouth wide open - every single time.
                          You can call this shit "How much can a human body take" as well.
                          I bow to this. I need the Blu-ray as soon as possible.

10/10
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                            Didn't see such fantastic choreographed stuff in years or better: ever.
                            Really? to me the quality of the choreography reminds me in some way some films from Tony Jaa and also the cinema of Prachya Pinkaew (Ong Bak, Thai Dragon, Chocolate).

Comment

will check this out either tonight or tomorrow

looks pretty bad ass

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                                Really? to me the quality of the choreography reminds me in some way some films from Tony Jaa and also the cinema of Prachya Pinkaew (Ong Bak, Thai Dragon, Chocolate).
                                Of ourse me too. But this is different because of the ongoing and seemingly neverending fast pace. It's like Ong Bak on LSD...
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X