Kichiku dai enkai {1997}

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kichiku dai enkai {1997}

aka Banquet of the Beasts

Director: Kazuyoshi Kumakiri

While the leader is in jail, his leftist group is controlled by his girlfriend, but her leadership lacks conviction and perspective. When the leader commits suicide in prison, despair and confusion rule the group and revenge and violence erupts in graphic way.

This was amazing. I had to make a proper thread to present this piece of fine Asian cinema. This wasn't slow moving as stated in the other was storytelling as Asian films do best. Sick. Insane. Brutal as fuck. Beautiful. I couldn't leave my PC..for one moment. I just watched and really felt complete after viewing this. This is Cinema..extreme. Watch it. Let it seep into your mind..leave reality at your bedroom door.... 10/10 easy.

I blind bought the 2 disc dvd set while looking for hardcore, shock films. It blew my mind.....really brutal stuff.

The film is definitely a gory mess, but did anyone else find it a bit boring?

Originally posted by asianxcore View Post
        The film is definitely a gory mess, but did anyone else find it a bit boring?
        About 15 minutes too long for me. Thought it was paced pretty well for the most part but some shit definitely could have been cut down.

As far as shock films go this film is pretty solid tho. Can't nitpick too much.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film. - Heretic