X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ Pieta (2012) ~

~ Pieta (2012) ~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2299842/

A loan shark is forced to reconsider his violent lifestyle after the arrival of a mysterious woman claiming to be his long-lost mother.

Pieta tells the story of a young man who lives a sad, empty and lonely life, hes is also an aggressive and unscrupulous guy, who works as a debt collector for a company that makes loans with exorbitant interest, if people cannot afford, he resorts to cripple the debtors, so charging their insurance and recover the money. The young man's life changes when a woman shows up claiming to be the mother who abandoned him as a child.

Pieta is a hard drama, where the physical and emotional violence are mixed, is very strong in some scenes, but ultimately a great film.

[YOUTUBE]RRxHbzQryis[/YOUTUBE]

This was a solid drama movie, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Unsettling, intense and one of Kim Ki-duks more accessible movies.

You might change the title into Pieta only. Otherwise it's hard to find.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I love his movie Seom, and I hope soon to be able to watch Bad Guy aka Nabbeun namja (2001) I've heard it's very good, but as far as I could glimpse within his filmography, Pieta is one of the most accessible, I agree on that.

Although the story could be seemingly unlikely, is quite brutal and sad.

Comment

i loved pieta ... i loved how he filmed it ... how unsettling it was without showing half the stuff other films go out of their way to do... really has the marks of a master film maker...

ive just started going down his lists of movies and so far they have all been quite impressive

im definitely a new fan

Comment

Working...
        X