X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benny's Video {1992}

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103793/

Director: Michael Haneke

Fourteen-year-old Benny (Arno Frisch) is a video freak whose life consists only of school, videotaping what he sees outside his window and spending hours watching violent action films. Benny becomes obsessed with amateur footage of a pig being slaughtered, and soon, his passion for videotaped death leads him to commit a heinous act of his own. Austrian director Michael Haneke helms this postmodern exploration of emotional disconnection.

[YOUTUBE]62w0j7-d4ms#ws[/YOUTUBE]

Good acting by Arno Frisch as Benny, who came off as really believable as a disaffected teenager in his own little world. In keeping with the emotionless, cold theme, the movie pace is slow with long monotonous scenes, the cinematography has muted dark colors, and the camera shots come from odd angles or are shown as camcorder video.

Your website has turned you into an even more rabid purveyor of dark and disturbing film.

Sigh...

I envy you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
      Your website has turned you into an even more rabid purveyor of dark and disturbing film.

Sigh...

I envy you.
      There is always room for more. ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
        There is always room for more. ; )
        Yeah, I gotta get my gore on and join your site.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
          Yeah, I gotta get my gore on and join your site.

I like the way you say things. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
            I like the way you say things. : )
            You just want me on your site so's you can stick a ice pick in my ear and then devour my still warm entrails with fava beans and a fine chianti.
            Last edited by Jack the Pin; 05-27-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I really liked Benny's Video up until Benny and his Mum go off to Egypt...

From then on the film became incredibly slow, dull and boring! The stuff before all that was great though, done in Haneke's typically cold and emotionless way.

Funny Games says the same thing about desensitisation, but in a much better way. To me, Funny Games is the more superior film.
              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X