No announcement yet.

The Dresden Dolls

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them. I really like Good Day by The Dresden Dolls. I've heard their cover of Karma Police and it's pretty good.

Terrible band, they will disappear in a year.

Originally posted by twoslowjoe
        Terrible band, they will disappear in a year.
        But yet they've been around for a long while and not disappeared... only gotten better

"What do you prefer Karis? Evita or Sweeney Todd?"
        "Um, do I like a musical about a butcher or a musical that was butchered by Madonna?"

Amazing band, I was just getting ready to make a Dresden Dolls/ Amanda Palmer thread!

Anyone a fan of them on here? I think Amanda Palmer is amazing and her new album "Theatre Is Evil" is easily one of the best releases of 2012. Below are a few videos:

After enjoying Palmer's solo work I sought out her music from her band The Dresden Dolls, and was so happy I did.
          From Wikipedia:

The Dresden Dolls are an American musical duo from Boston, Massachusetts.

Formed in 2000, the group consists of Amanda Palmer (vocals, piano, harmonica, ukulele) and Brian Viglione (drums, percussion, guitar, bass guitar, vocals).

The two describe their style as "Brechtian punk cabaret", a phrase invented by Palmer because she was "terrified" that the press would invent a name that "would involve the word gothic".

The Dresden Dolls are part of an underground dark cabaret movement that started gaining momentum in the early 2000s.

Never thought I'd see the Dresden Dolls get their own thread on here but I'm glad. I love this band to the point where for the longest time I thought about getting a vintage coin slot tattooed on my chest with the words "coin-operated girl". I've since put that thought aside with my penchant for a Misfits tattoo. Dreams of my younger days. They are an amazing duo and Amanda does a great job on her own as well.