This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
    Hell theres probably more styles of pickups, trhose are just the ones I know of
    You're smart.

Comment

nice thread!!!!

i use a ESP viper (baratone) and i use monster fuckin strings (my top e is a 70 guage)

as for rig...
      ampeg vh140-c head (none heavier!)
      sonic 4x12 (loaded with greenbacks)
      sonic 2x15 bass cab (loaded with eminence)
      and a 36 band rackmount E/Q

no f/x pedals!!! i use the built in distortion in my head.

if you wanna shake the siding off your house,crank this beast up to 4!!!!
      +113

Comment

Can anyone else play Judas Priest songs?

(I'm assuming we can talk about the songs we can play in here...?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post

No! Now fuck off!

...No I'm assuming it's anything goes.

Comment

No! Now fuck off!

...No I'm assuming it's anything goes.
            Ouch.

I can play A FUCKING LOT of songs. I write music too.

Comment

Well... I hope we can list what we've HAD as well...

Bass:

Ibanez Gio 5 string

Guitar:

Ibanez RG-220 (I guess I am a bit of an Ibanez fan... But the fucking Floyd Rose on that guitar makes you want to kill puppies)

Amp:

Crate 50 watt bass amp (Can't tell you the exact model, but it worked for playing.)

Drums:

Mapex V-series double bass 6 piece (Can't tell you the specific sizes)

2 bass drums
              3 toms
              snare

Now I be rocking

Pearl Export 6 piece (Black on black... Makes you wanna splooge)

For cymbals...

(On my old Mapex kit)

13" 802 hats
              18" 302 crash
              20" 302 crash
              12" alpha power splash

On my new baby:

14" Sabian B8 hats
              16" B8 Crash
              18" B8 Crash
              20" B8 Crash
              16" AAX studio crash

I fucking love Sabian.
              In a world of shit, we are the standard.

Comment

I started on bass in December of 2002...I switched to guitar about 6 months later.

Comment

I started on bass in December of 2002...I switched to guitar about 6 months later.
                  The opposite to me, started off on guitar then switched to bass. I sold about 7 guitars, but I kept my baby (ESP/LTD EC-1000)

Comment

I play a Ibanez Artcore with a Mesa Boogie F-100 amp.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
                    +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Heres a pic of my bass, I'll probably put up more of my others later.

Comment

The opposite to me, started off on guitar then switched to bass. I sold about 7 guitars, but I kept my baby (ESP/LTD EC-1000)
                        Ew, ESP. I kid.
                        Heres a pic of my bass, I'll probably put up more of my others later.

I don't have a picture of my Beast where you can see anything but the neck.

Comment

It's a sexy ESP, I don't usually like them because I'm not much of a metal person but my one is sex on err... strings.

Comment

Ross the Boss played a black one at Earthshaker.

Comment

Hell theres probably more styles of pickups, trhose are just the ones I know of
                              there's the soapbar. those have a really unique and cool tone. I've wanted to get something with those in there for a while. I hear thier quite incredible for recording cleans. the PRS SE double cutaway with those in thier would probably be choice.
                              Originally posted by chupacabraV2 View Post
                              nice thread!!!!
                              i use a ESP viper (baratone) and i use monster fuckin strings (my top e is a 70 guage)
                              baritone eh? very nice. I could see why you would load 70s on there. I was buying new strings last weekend and I saw Zakk Wyldes GHS strings. I thought "oh cool!" then I saw his E was a fucking 70! I couldn't believe it! I use Ernie Ball skinny top/heavey bottom and the E on there is a 60 and I think that sounds heavy as fuck, like a bass string! are you still able to pull off wicked bends being a 70 AND a baritone? and how much did you pay for the Viper?

of course. anything guitar/bass/drum/trombone related.
                              Originally posted by IV_Tear116 View Post
                              Well... I hope we can list what we've HAD as well...
                              Guitar:

Ibanez RG-220 (I guess I am a bit of an Ibanez fan... But the fucking Floyd Rose on that guitar makes you want to kill puppies)
                              sure, list whatever you've had, have now, want to get. it's all good. if you tell us what you've had, maybe someone thats looking to get something similar will be able to be directed toward the best product (IYO).

and is that a zero resistance trem on the ibanez? I've read those are fucking titanic. personally, I stopped buying anything with a floyd after I bought a Peavey Wolfgang copy. it's not that the trem was bad at all, but it's just a fucking hassle all around. I much prefer a string thru design. better sustain no hassle.

Comment

here's a pic of my Schecter XXX

note: not actual photo, just exact same model. mines in pristine condition. this guys has fucking chunks taken out! lol.

and one of my newly acquired Ibanez Iceman (drools)

I'm absolutely in love with the iceman right now. I just need to get some duncans and set-up on it and it will be giggable.

I have an audition with a band tomorrow. they're more of a heavey rock type deal. the singer sounds (to me anyways) like the guy in Taproot, which isn't a terrible thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X