Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a Randall cab for 250$, so my rack is complete now since my head didnt cost alot to get fixed.

Just the problem of trying to fit in in my shoebox

plus a peavey mixer for 200
    Last edited by legionsOFtheDEAD; 03-16-2008, 10:57 AM.
    [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

• what kind of speakers came in the randall cab?

Comment

• haha...it's funny that I was (sort of) bashing Alexi Laiho a little earlier in the thread. but I ordered his LTD Alexi 200 today, the white one. honestly, I've been gassing for a V and something with a floyd rose on it. I haven't owned a floyd in quite a while and wanted to mess with one again.

at first I was looking at Jacksons. they didn't really have anything I liked, or in my price range. fuck, I just spent $800 on a 6505 yesterday! I was trying to keep it under $500.

so then I looked at the ESP's and Dean's. Dean guitars really don't do anything for me. I like the V-200 & V-500 ESP/LTD V's. the V-500 was $700, bye bye. and the V-200 had all the same features as the Alexi, but a string thru bridge and $30 cheaper. so I grabbed the Alexi. I plan to get an EMG 81 and throw it in there and have my tech work out the usual kinks from the manufacturer.

I checked some clips and videos and people were ripping with this relatively cheap guitar. hopefully I'll have as much fun with it as they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by mardigian View Post
          haha...it's funny that I was (sort of) bashing Alexi Laiho a little earlier in the thread. but I ordered his LTD Alexi 200 today, the white one. honestly, I've been gassing for a V and something with a floyd rose on it. I haven't owned a floyd in quite a while and wanted to mess with one again.

at first I was looking at Jacksons. they didn't really have anything I liked, or in my price range. fuck, I just spent $800 on a 6505 yesterday! I was trying to keep it under $500.

so then I looked at the ESP's and Dean's. Dean guitars really don't do anything for me. I like the V-200 & V-500 ESP/LTD V's. the V-500 was $700, bye bye. and the V-200 had all the same features as the Alexi, but a string thru bridge and $30 cheaper. so I grabbed the Alexi. I plan to get an EMG 81 and throw it in there and have my tech work out the usual kinks from the manufacturer.

I checked some clips and videos and people were ripping with this relatively cheap guitar. hopefully I'll have as much fun with it as they have.

ya replacing that with a EMG 81 is mandatory, i personally love the look of the Alexi(bigger RR1 type of body) i just wish to god it had one more pickup and a tone knob, like the Japanese model has.

Celestron speakers only some minor dings but nothing major, Cant wait to get my amp head back hook the babys up and blast away with a full stack, if the neighbors hated me before there gonna Banish me to the lost island now lol

Comment

• sounds like you're set, Legion. those cabs are always going to take some dents and bruises. at least it sounds like you have some quality speakers. good luck!

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]9IrWyZ0KZuk[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Just got my bass back from this guitar shop. My stand broke and my bass fell on the floor, messing up the pickups and neck cushion. The parts costs 32 dollars, and the labor 35... what the hell. Last time I try a new guitar shop.
                Recently watched films:

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
                The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
                Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
                Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
                The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
                Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
                Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
                Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                  Just got my bass back from this guitar shop. My stand broke and my bass fell on the floor, messing up the pickups and neck cushion. The parts costs 32 dollars, and the labor 35... what the hell. Last time I try a new guitar shop.
                  ya don't ya hate it when that happens, I finally got sick of it and learned how to do repairs and Pickup installations myself.

but at least it didn't rip ya off blindly like some places do.

Comment

• Originally posted by legionsOFtheDEAD View Post
                    ya don't ya hate it when that happens, I finally got sick of it and learned how to do repairs and Pickup installations myself.

but at least it didn't rip ya off blindly like some places do.
                    Yeah true... I don't play as often as I used to, so I'm in no need to learn how to repair... yet. The place I always take my bass never rips me off, but since I live on my own now, the shop is 50 minutes away, so I tried a local shop.
                    Recently watched films:

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
                    The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
                    Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
                    Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
                    The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
                    Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
                    Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
                    Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                      Just got my bass back from this guitar shop. My stand broke and my bass fell on the floor, messing up the pickups and neck cushion. The parts costs 32 dollars, and the labor 35... what the hell. Last time I try a new guitar shop.
                      that's fairly reasonable. usually you aren't going to get the best prices at a repair shop because they don't buy in bulk, thusly, not getting things as cheaply at cost.

and $35 is reasonable. not great, but reasonable. there was a place near me in Michigan that charged $75 per hour! can you believe it?

the guy I take my stuff to here is very reasonable and does quality work, better than myself. I had pickup installation and a full set-up for $80. not bad at all.

Comment

• recieved the 6505+ today. thankfully, the amp works this time around!

anyways, it's pretty much like you would expect. loud, aggressive and gobs of gain. I'm playing it through my Vader 2X12 which has Eminence Legends in it. and I only have my SG which has the DiMarzio Air Norton and Breed pups in it. the Air Norton still lets me get nice cleans out of the head, while the Breed provided a very sharp aggressive overdrive tone, very thick on the heavy chording, but left something to be desired for the leads. not terrible, just not outstanding.

I'll have the LTD Alexi that should be delivered tomorrow and the Ibanez with the D-Sonic on saturday to compare tonally and give me a more extensive understanding of what the amp is capable of.

unfortunately after my spending spree, I'm strapped for cash until may-ish due to school tuition and whatnot. maybe I can squeeze the budget a little for an EMG and set-up for the Alexi? a set-up is a must for that guitar. we'll see how it goes.

anyways, those are my first impressions of the amp.

Comment

• nice, can't go wrong with a 6505 thats for sure them amps are a beast.

I am picking up the randall cab this sat, unfortunately my randall head is not read yet so il have 2 cabs and no head for the time being.

because everyone needs head in there life

Comment

• i can only dream to have the same guitar alexi laiho from cob has
                            right now i play an obsolete model that my bro got me for my b day
                            sigpic“Drop this mean and sordid and selfish devotion to the saving of your shabby little souls, and hunt up something to do that’s got some dignity to it! Risk your souls! Risk them in good causes; then if you lose them, why should you care? Reform!”
                            ~ Mark Twain, Was it Heaven? or Hell?

Comment

• my first guitar was a ibanez stagestar, one of them guitars you get in a pack with a little amp. man the neck was like playing a 2x4

Comment

• Originally posted by dacount View Post
                                i can only dream to have the same guitar alexi laiho from cob has
                                right now i play an obsolete model that my bro got me for my b day
                                it's not his $1100 version. just the $430 one. I'm not a big fan of him. I just like the guitar, and for the price, the features were appealing to me. I plan to put an EMG 81 in there, after that I imagine that thing will be ungodly through my 6505.
                                Last edited by mardigian; 03-21-2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X