Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mard, here is a link to a few songs..

http://www.myspace.com/1945phenom

We recorded just using a computer mic... So the quality isn't too great. Plus Ben (guitarist) is using a bass pedal... He just got the Metal Muff, so things can only start to sound better.

Breathe has a great riff IMO. Ben is pretty good at getting intricate with the fingering. Wall of Death is just a heavy song, and A Bitter End is a bit more punky.

All those were recorded in one day, and we re-recorded Wall of Death better so we could get to know the program. We'll have more to come, but that just gives an idea of the sound.
    In a world of shit, we are the standard.

Comment

• there's definetely potential there, IV. a lot of the negatives of those recordings I can fault the lack of better equipment. for 'Wall of Death' I could definetely hear the vibe that was going on with that song, it's probably a cool one to play to a crowd. with 'Breathe', my biggest suggestion is to maybe simplify it a little bit. there was simply too much filler in there. of course, I'm sure everything would have sounded tighter and brighter if the equipment was ideal.

but definetely keep up the good work! just practice and try to get tighter as a unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by IV_Tear116 View Post
        Hey Mard, here is a link to a few songs..

We recorded just using a computer mic... So the quality isn't too great. Plus Ben (guitarist) is using a bass pedal... He just got the Metal Muff, so things can only start to sound better.

Breathe has a great riff IMO. Ben is pretty good at getting intricate with the fingering. Wall of Death is just a heavy song, and A Bitter End is a bit more punky.

All those were recorded in one day, and we re-recorded Wall of Death better so we could get to know the program. We'll have more to come, but that just gives an idea of the sound.
        not bad not bad at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by mardigian View Post
          there's definetely potential there, IV. a lot of the negatives of those recordings I can fault the lack of better equipment. for 'Wall of Death' I could definetely hear the vibe that was going on with that song, it's probably a cool one to play to a crowd. with 'Breathe', my biggest suggestion is to maybe simplify it a little bit. there was simply too much filler in there. of course, I'm sure everything would have sounded tighter and brighter if the equipment was ideal.

but definetely keep up the good work! just practice and try to get tighter as a unit.
          Thank you very much. We've wrote everything from stoner rock to disco. I love being with the two guys, because I don't know of anybody else around here who love music as much as they do. That is all that really matters, they love the music and we have so much fucking fun together.

Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
          not bad not bad at all.
          Well thank you very much.

And like I said, we are trying to (now) record each song as a seperate track. All we have is a computer mic, and we were looking into buying a USB interface to upgrade.

The quality can and will only get better.

Comment

• FUCKING SEX!

I shit my panse when I saw this fucker!!!

I wanted to get a PRS Singlecut SE for a while, and now I'm locked into getting one with my favorite PRS finish on it. I love thier Whale Blue finish, it's amazing.

luckily, one of the few dealers in the US is 30 miles from my house that stock this color. I wish I didn't need to buy new tires first. I would ride a bike around if I could get away with it just to get ahold of this beauty sooner!

Comment

FUCKING SEX!

I shit my panse when I saw this fucker!!!

I wanted to get a PRS Singlecut SE for a while, and now I'm locked into getting one with my favorite PRS finish on it. I love thier Whale Blue finish, it's amazing.

luckily, one of the few dealers in the US is 30 miles from my house that stock this color. I wish I didn't need to buy new tires first. I would ride a bike around if I could get away with it just to get ahold of this beauty sooner!
              Nice. Oh to have more money.

Comment

• it the "SE" version, so it's only $599, which can be talked down to the $500 range, I'm sure.

so you're not talking about the $1800 price tag the usual Singlecuts come with. you're just not getting top quality electronics, but PRS Dragon humbuckers and tone/volume pots can be purchased and installed in the range of anothr $300, and you're still saving $1G over the other price tag!

EDIT: What gear do you have, Doc?

Comment

it the "SE" version, so it's only $599, which can be talked down to the $500 range, I'm sure.

so you're not talking about the $1800 price tag the usual Singlecuts come with. you're just not getting top quality electronics, but PRS Dragon humbuckers and tone/volume pots can be purchased and installed in the range of anothr $300, and you're still saving $1G over the other price tag!

Which still adds up to at least 800$ I will never have.

I play either a Fender Strat or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom through a Crate GT1200H/G412SL. I need something loud that I really just don't have te cash for, so everything is pretty bottom of the line. My band isn't anything big, so the half stack gets the job done in small clubs and houses.
                  Last edited by Doc; 03-30-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• my friend used to have that Crate head. it's a piece.

I would recommend you check out the Peavey Valveking series. fucking volume insanity. I bought the 212 combo a month ago for $550 at a local dealer, they're a little over $600 if you don't talk them down. and it's 100 all tube watts, so it's really loud. the clean channel is warm and bright. the overdrive channel has to be tweaked to get the desired tone, but can handle hard rock, punk and some metal. I don't think it would be well suited for shred, but could probably be passable without more effects. but you could always get a Tube Screamer to push the overdrive harder. I bought the Digitech Bad Monkey & Boss Super Overdrive, and both of those sucked ass. so I took them both back. that's how I ended up with my SG *takes long satisfying sigh and grins*

you can get the head unit of the VK in the area of $400 new if you talk to the right person. trade in your Crate, and maybe you can get it in a realistic price range.

Comment

it the "SE" version, so it's only $599, which can be talked down to the $500 range, I'm sure.

Wow, $599? When I saw it was a PRS, I was sure it was gonna be $1,000+.

That is a very nice looking guitar, and I am really into those nice trans blue finishes too.

Comment

• yeah, the finish looks very similar to the USA built models. I'm sure side by side, the SE version wouldn't shine as nice. but it's badass on it's own. plus, those SE's sound far better than any other guitar in it's price range. I owned one of the original SE Santana's. given, not a fan of him. he's great, but I don't dig his tone or style. but that guitar fucking ripped! wish I hadn't sold it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IV_Tear116 View Post
                          Hey Mard, here is a link to a few songs..

wow kurbs,i had no idea! good stuff

Originally posted by mardigian View Post

FUCKING SEX!
                          that is a nice unit! i bet it plays like silk.
                          +113

Comment

• I'm sure. even the "cheap" PRS' play really well. plus, what can beat that finish? really!?!

Comment

• not trying to brag but.. lol no seriously,i have a epiphone Les Paul Limited ed. with 1 helluva finish. i'll post a pic asap.
                              +113

Comment

• sweet dude looking forward to picks
                                Want to trade? PM me
                                http://armyofthedeadsurvivor.dvdaf.com/owned

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X