This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread!

there's a lot of members on here who play guitar, bass, drums, etc...I thought it would be cool to have a thread on here dedicated to talking about it. whether you're playing with a band or just playing with yourself (looking at you depeche!), post what gear you're using. what gear do you plan/want to get? whats good? what sucks? converse amongst yourselves.

Guitars:
    B.C. Rich Warlock
    B.C. Rich Beast
    Squier Strat

Amps:
    Crate XT15R
    Crate XT120R

Wants:
    B.C. Rich Ice Acrylic Warlock

Comment

a couple weeks ago I was actually looking at getting this BC Rich, the mockingbird has a cool design. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512286

as for what I have right now:
      guitars-
      Schecter C-1 Triple X
      Ibanez Iceman IC300

Amp:
      Peavey XXL 100W head w/matched 4X12 cab

yeah, very basic set-up right now. I sold off all my unnecessary equipment, i.e. junky effects, un unsed pickups, i.e. bill lawrence, emg, duncan and rebuilding my rig.

plan to put a matched set up duncan pearly gates in the Iceman. give it some growl, but I like the lower output, open sound the 'gates have to them. it's different than what everyone else is doing, which I like.

looking into selling the peavey head to help fund a mesa boogie recto. can't really decide if I want to go single or dual? the dual seems like more wattage than I will ever need, but it does have some cool features like lead boost and some other stuff. but the single is simply more affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by mardigian View Post
        a couple weeks ago I was actually looking at getting this BC Rich, the mockingbird has a cool design. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512286
        I'm not really a fan of the Mockingbird's design, but whatever floats your boat.

Comment

yeah, well its a certain breed that love the warlock and beast designs. I had a cheapo warlock when I was 15 or 16. it was fun while it lasted. played a show and smashed it. at the time I figured "what the hell? this will be fun and I have a kickass Ibanez RG!". unfortunately the smashing of it greatly reduced the resale value. I sold it to some kid for $10 thereafter.

Comment

yeah, well its a certain breed that love the warlock and beast designs. I had a cheapo warlock when I was 15 or 16. it was fun while it lasted. played a show and smashed it. at the time I figured "what the hell? this will be fun and I have a kickass Ibanez RG!". unfortunately the smashing of it greatly reduced the resale value. I sold it to some kid for $10 thereafter.
            I'd never smash or resell my Warlock or Beast. I even have a stud leather strap for the Beast.

Comment

it seemed like a great idea while in the moment. the thing was beyond repair, neck was split and body blown up, those cheap agathis bodies. I think the kid just wanted a souvenier.

what pups do you have the rich's? EMG's I'm assuming.

Comment

it seemed like a great idea while in the moment. the thing was beyond repair, neck was split and body blown up, those cheap agathis bodies. I think the kid just wanted a souvenier.

what pups do you have the rich's? EMG's I'm assuming.
                I'm not going to lie to you...I just play the guitar, I don't know much past the generic terms for parts and techniques.

Comment

I play bass and rock a Rickenbacker and mexican Fender Jazz Bass. I have a Fender combo amp/cab and like digitech effects(digi-delay and whammy) as well as a Zoom multi effects petal for distortion and chorus effects. I play 3 finger style, slap and pop, finger tapping and use a pick.

I'm into alot of different styles of music but i like to make disonent jazz runs and such.

Comment

the mexican jazz basses are fucking awesome. I wanted to get one about a year ago, just didn't want to throw $400 down for one. but definetely the bass I would get if I were going to get one. get me?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                      I'm not going to lie to you...I just play the guitar, I don't know much past the generic terms for parts and techniques.
                      thats cool. I was talking about the humbuckers, you know, those two square things that lay underneath your strings, and you have a little switch that selects between the two.

a lot of metal enthusiasts use EMG 81's in there. you should look into buying some. if you think your BC Rich's sound "metal" now, those will blow your socks off.

Comment

thats cool. I was talking about the humbuckers, you know, those two square things that lay underneath your strings, and you have a little switch that selects between the two.

a lot of metal enthusiasts use EMG 81's in there. you should look into buying some. if you think your BC Rich's sound "metal" now, those will blow your socks off.
                        I thought those were pickups under my strings. ??: And is that was that fucking switch does? I know it makes the sound lower and higher, but it changes between the pickups/humbuckers/whatevers?

What do you mean? Are you saying it'll make the sound deeper/heavier? Because I'm not that kind of "down tune it until it sounds like a fart" metal. I'm more of a "write a really cool riff and play it faster each time you play it" kind of metal.

Comment

I thought those were pickups under my strings. ??: And is that was that fucking switch does? I know it makes the sound lower and higher, but it changes between the pickups/humbuckers/whatevers?

What do you mean? Are you saying it'll make the sound deeper/heavier? Because I'm not that kind of "down tune it until it sounds like a fart" metal. I'm more of a "write a really cool riff and play it faster each time you play it" kind of metal.
                          These are 4 different styles of pickups

Humbuckers:

Singlecoils:

Piezo:
                          Can't get a picture because most the time you can't see them

Synth / midi pickups: (which I used to own)

I'll go find some random pictures of my guitars, If I can't find any I'll take new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                            These are 4 different styles of pickups
                            Now I know something I didn't know earlier.

Like I said, I only know generic/broad terms for techniques and parts.

Comment

Now I know something I didn't know earlier.

Like I said, I only know generic/broad terms for techniques and parts.
                              Hell theres probably more styles of pickups, trhose are just the ones I know of

Comment

Working...
                              X