Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Waits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by zach View Post
    I've heard one album from him and liked it, I just don't really know what to listen to next seeing as how he has like 75 albums.
    I have lots to discover myself. Most of what I've heard are single downloads. u_u

    Anybody heard Scarlett Johansson's album of covers? Opinions?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by zach View Post
      I've heard one album from him and liked it, I just don't really know what to listen to next seeing as how he has like 75 albums.
      Which album have you heard?

      Essentials include Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Mule Variations.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        Which album have you heard?

        Essentials include Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Mule Variations.
        I'm not sure, exactly. I think it might have been Bone Machine.


        Recent Movies:
        Kick-Ass - 9/10
        The Human Centipede - 7/10
        Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
        A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
        A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

        Facebook
        last.fm

        Comment


        • #19
          Alright... check out Rain Dogs. That's probably his most critically acclaimed album.

          Comment


          • #20
            I've been meaning to check this guy out for a long time now, I heard 'What's he building in there' a long time ago and loved it, creepy as fuck, I'll get round to it soon.

            Comment


            • #21
              my uncle was at a bar... and tom waits sat down next to him and bought him drinks, its actually a great story when my uncle talks about it...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JoshDestruction View Post
                my uncle was at a bar... and tom waits sat down next to him and bought him drinks, its actually a great story when my uncle talks about it...
                That's fucking awesome.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've been meaning to get into this guy sooner or later.

                  What are a couple recommended albums as starting points.
                  The only thing I know about him is that I really like Goin' Out West.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Rain Dogs and Bone Machine are two of his best.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm so glad to see a bunch of other Tom Waits fans here. He is by far my favorite artist. Every song feels like some memory from my life, you know? Here are my top 5 favorite albums and top 5 favorite songs...

                      Albums -

                      1. Real Gone
                      2. Bone Machine
                      3. Orphans: Bawlers, Brawlers, and Bastards
                      4. Blood Money
                      5. Mule Variations


                      Songs -

                      1. Innocent When you Dream (78 )
                      2. I Don't Wanna Grow Up
                      3. Don't Go Into that Barn
                      4. Circus
                      5. Rains on Me
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So I thought I would just mention that earlier today I purchased 'Franks Wild Years' and it's a great album, my favorite tracks so far are 'Cold cold ground' 'Way down in the hole' and 'Temptation'.
                        Anyone else own this particular album?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Nighthawks at the Diner is my preferred album from him. I love how he just sort of rambles to the audience then goes into his songs. I was quite the fan of Orphans too. When I sit down to work on my book, I always put on Waits.
                          "I'm gonna kill you with my teacup"
                          - Riddick

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by KINGHORROR View Post
                            So I thought I would just mention that earlier today I purchased 'Franks Wild Years' and it's a great album, my favorite tracks so far are 'Cold cold ground' 'Way down in the hole' and 'Temptation'.
                            Anyone else own this particular album?
                            7 month bump!

                            Yes, Frank's Wild Years is one of my top favorite Waits albums. I'm glad you're enjoying him.

                            He's playing the Devil in the new Terry Gilliam movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Can't wait for it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              so i finally got orphans, should keep me busy for a while.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Good man! Orphans is a beast to say the least.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X