The Dillinger Escape Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by active_enemy View Post
    I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
    I like Dillinger but no...

Mike Patton has moved on to better things (Fantomas/Kaada/Tomahawk).

Comment

I've had Ire Works for a week now. I think it's a great album. It's pretty diverse but that's not a bad thing imo.

Irony Is A Dead Scene EP still never ceases to amaze me!!! I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
      Best thing Dillinger has recorded. When Good Dogs Do Bad Things is one of my favourite songs ever.

Originally posted by deadhead33
      He recorded stuff with Fantomas and Tomahawk before Irony is a Dead Scene came out. I wouldn't say he has moved onto better things because of how good Mr Bungle were but Patton keeps putting out great albums with whatever projects he has going.

Comment

Originally posted by noose_and_nail View Post
        So how is an album that's one-third filler "easily" better than Miss Machine?

I don't understand why everyone think that DEP's original singer was so great. Calculating Infinity was a pretty good album, but I guess I'm just to slow to "understand" it's many layers and screaming which had absolutely NO range, whatsoever.
        One-third filler? Are you referring to songs like 'When Acting As A Particle'? Because older fans may argue that songs like this dont belong on a Dillinger album, but its apparent they've been taking a different direction since Irony. And I still find Calculating Infnity their best album due to the stunning musicianship, its delves into absolute chaos more times worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy T View Post
          I've had Ire Works for a week now. I think it's a great album. It's pretty diverse but that's not a bad thing imo.

Best thing Dillinger has recorded. When Good Dogs Do Bad Things is one of my favourite songs ever.

He recorded stuff with Fantomas and Tomahawk before Irony is a Dead Scene came out. I wouldn't say he has moved onto better things because of how good Mr Bungle were but Patton keeps putting out great albums with whatever projects he has going.
          No, I was just reacting to the comment of Patton being more permanent in Dillinger to which I said no. I love the album and think it was an awesome collaboration but I think it was better to just be one album and its good that he is continuing to do different projects other than just staying in one band.

^Crazy run on sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by deadhead33 View Post
            No, I was just reacting to the comment of Patton being more permanent in Dillinger to which I said no. I love the album and think it was an awesome collaboration but I think it was better to just be one album and its good that he is continuing to do different projects other than just staying in one band.

^Crazy run on sentence.
            My bad. I agree with what you're saying about Patton. It's cool that he can go off and do all his projects now, even if he releases something I'm not crazy about his next one isn't very far off.

Comment

calculating infinity is one of the heaviest albums. those dudes can play their instruments...especially on that album.

Comment

Originally posted by SIRxxxTMG View Post
                One-third filler? Are you referring to songs like 'When Acting As A Particle'? Because older fans may argue that songs like this dont belong on a Dillinger album, but its apparent they've been taking a different direction since Irony. And I still find Calculating Infnity their best album due to the stunning musicianship, its delves into absolute chaos more times worth mentioning.
                Calculating Infinity is brilliant, but I love the direction they've gone since Irony. Ire Works is a great balance, it's all over the map - I loved it the first time through.
                LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Went to a kick-ass DEP show last night. It was some of the tightest shit I've ever seen. The new tunes sounded great, but I was especially impressed by the Good Dogs Do Bad Things performance... epic.
                  LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Irony Is A Dead Scene EP still never ceases to amaze me!!! I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
                    Originally posted by deadhead33 View Post
                    I like Dillinger but no...

I prefer Greg Puciato(?). Not a huge fan of IIADS. I like Dimitri better than Mike Patton too. Patton is better without Dillinger and Dillinger is much better without Patton. Miss Machine may be my favorite album ever, Plagairism is really good, and the new one is quite good.

Comment

I only like Under The Running Board and Calculating Infinity. I'm not into any of the new stuff or that singing shit but that singer is a fucking animal!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA
                      crazy fucking head walk

Comment

I've been re-visiting Ire Works lately and I must say, really fucking great album. So diverse.

Great band.

Comment

Irony is a Dead Scene was the only good thing this band ever did. They should've at least done a full length with Mike Patton instead of an EP and then deciding to bring on some lame dude that just ripped him off terribly. And I don't even really dig most of Patton's output as a whole, but that EP was pretty great.

Recent Movies:
                          Kick-Ass - 9/10
                          The Human Centipede - 7/10
                          Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
                          A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
                          A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
                          last.fm

Comment

This band is annoying.
                            -

"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past." -George Carlin R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                              I've been re-visiting Ire Works lately and I must say, really fucking great album. So diverse.

Great band.
                              Yeah, Ire Works is now my favorite Dillinger album, with 82588 being my favorite Dillinger song. Hopefully they start playing that song live soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyDecay View Post
                                This band is annoying.
                                They're actually not...but coming from you, that's an enormous compliment.
                                Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
                                MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
                                My DVDs
                                Facebook
                                MySpace

Comment

Working...
                                X