The Dillinger Escape Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyTsk8er78 View Post
    Yeah, Ire Works is now my favorite Dillinger album, with 82588 being my favorite Dillinger song. Hopefully they start playing that song live soon.

Black Bubblegum is great too. So catchy. Awesome bassline and I'm loving how they are adding more digital fx these days.

Comment

Originally posted by active_enemy View Post
      Black Bubblegum is great too. So catchy. Awesome bassline and I'm loving how they are adding more digital fx these days.
      I deeply loathed that song the first couple times I listened to it...but it's grown on me to the point where it's probably the song from this record I listen to most. I attribute it mostly to their performance on Conan though. They're fucking fantastic live, and they're one of the few bands that translated that successfully to a TV performance.
      Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
      MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
      My DVDs
      Facebook
      MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by alleywaykrew View Post
        I deeply loathed that song the first couple times I listened to it...but it's grown on me to the point where it's probably the song from this record I listen to most. I attribute it mostly to their performance on Conan though. They're fucking fantastic live, and they're one of the few bands that translated that successfully to a TV performance.
        Agreed.
        I believe my first initial reaction to that song was "wtf have they done?" lol. But with more listens of the album it grew on me. That and the song "when acting as a particle" I think its called. But all in all, I think its a fantastic album.
        As for the performance on conan...
        Love it!!!

Comment

They're actually not...but coming from you, that's an enormous compliment.
          They actually are... but not as much as you.
          -

"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past." -George Carlin R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyDecay View Post
            They actually are... but not as much as you.
            Again, that's a truly wonderful compliment coming from you.
            My DVDs
            Facebook
            MySpace

Comment

Dillinger was, at first, a band I enjoyed a little bit (the first song I had heard was Panasonic Youth)... But, getting into Ire Works, I am really really appreciating that band so much more. I bought an older EP for $.50, and I didn't really enjoy it all too much... I might need to go back and listen...

[YOUTUBE]kIGvGsNmaQE[/YOUTUBE]
              In a world of shit, we are the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by IV_Tear116 View Post
                I bought an older EP for $.50, and I didn't really enjoy it all too much... I might need to go back and listen...
                The Running Board EP, or the one they did with Mike Patton for Epitaph?
                My DVDs
                Facebook
                MySpace

Comment

The Running Board EP, or the one they did with Mike Patton for Epitaph?
                  I guess it was their Self-Titled...

http://www.amazon.com/Dillinger-Esca...4665873&sr=1-5

Except without the extra tracks...

Comment

I like this band, they are not very high on my list of bands but i'll give them a listen if I happen to come across them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess it was their Self-Titled...

http://www.amazon.com/Dillinger-Esca...4665873&sr=1-5

Except without the extra tracks...
                      Silly boy...that doesn't count. They didn't really become the DEP we know and love until Calculating Infinity.
                      My DVDs
                      Facebook
                      MySpace

Comment

Silly boy...that doesn't count. They didn't really become the DEP we know and love until Calculating Infinity.
                        Hah, touche... I had just given it to my friend Mason... But, is it really worth a little bit of cash? It was a digipack, and the actual CD holder was a little cracked... But, if I can sell it for more than $.50... I wouldn't mind...

Comment

Hah, touche... I had just given it to my friend Mason... But, is it really worth a little bit of cash? It was a digipack, and the actual CD holder was a little cracked... But, if I can sell it for more than $.50... I wouldn't mind...
                          I was actually just kidding (even though I've actually heard people say similar things). I have no idea if you can get any cash for it though.
                          My DVDs
                          Facebook
                          MySpace

Comment

I was actually just kidding (even though I've actually heard people say similar things). I have no idea if you can get any cash for it though.
                            WILL YOU MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND?!?

But seriously, I gave it a quick listen, and I just wasn't all too happy with it at that point, so I just gave it to him. I'll give another listen, I think I am a little more open to Dillinger now...

Comment

As far as I'm concerned...Monticello alone makes their first record worth owning.
                              My DVDs
                              Facebook
                              MySpace

Comment

miss machine was awesome I saw them headline the troc over here in philly and it blew me away
                                http://mortuaryrapist.dvdaf.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X