The Dillinger Escape Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dillinger Escape Plan

If anyone cares the entire new album is available on their MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/dillingerescapeplan

Awesome, thanks.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Pretty disappointing overall. There are 4 really good songs, a few decent songs, some filler, and a few terrible songs. I wanted more with this album. I will keep listening and see if it grows on me. Second album in a row to disappoint the hell out of me. The new A Life Once Lost was pretty bad too. Only about two songs on that were good enough to belong on Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee
        Damn thief!

Comment

Dillinger is one of my favorite bands, so I've been waiting a really long time for this. I'm happy to say that it's completely worth the wait. It's pretty much the greatest thing I've ever heard. Party Smasher is my new favorite Dillinger song.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed by the new DEP album, but it definately doesn't measure up to their previous release (Miss Machine). One thing that really bothers me about this album, though, is the seemingly excessive amount of "filler" that it has.

There's plenty of meaty songs here, regardless, and I'll definately be picking this one up once it comes out. "Black Bubblegum" is so goddamn catchy.

Comment

God I hate myspace. Half the time the fucking media player doesn't load up.

Can't wait to hear this cd, Miss Machine was great.
              argueing is a waste of fucking life!
              The Ultimate BD Quote Thread

Comment

I like it. I like it a lot.

I think they're trying new things and it's a little hit or miss but the album as a whole is a sold effort. The technicality has always been one of their strong points and it's very present here.

It's not miss machine(in terms of quality) but it will surely have replay value.
                Last edited by deadhead33; 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Finally got the player to work. I really like it so far. I will be getting it when it comes out for sure.
                  argueing is a waste of fucking life!
                  The Ultimate BD Quote Thread

Comment

I also don't understand why a lot of technical "heavy" bands (DEP, Between the Buried and Me, etc.) these days wanna go for the boring, Pink Floyd-like cover art. I mean...Miss Machine had very cool, weird artwork...and this one has fucking triangles.

Comment

Originally posted by noose_and_nail View Post
                      I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed by the new DEP album, but it definately doesn't measure up to their previous release (Miss Machine). One thing that really bothers me about this album, though, is the seemingly excessive amount of "filler" that it has.

There's plenty of meaty songs here, regardless, and I'll definately be picking this one up once it comes out. "Black Bubblegum" is so goddamn catchy.
                      This guy has it right. It's the filler that kills me. The rest of the album is quite good and has really grown on me in a short time.

This ends their streak of getting better with every album. At least we didn't have to wait 6 years between full length albums this time.

Comment

Brent Hinds (from Mastodon) and Dimitri Minakakis (original DEP singer) guest on 2 songs!

Comment

Never have I liked an album so much since Calculating Infinity. Also, Miss Machine was DEP's worst album and this is easily better.

Comment

Originally posted by SIRxxxTMG View Post
                            Never have I liked an album so much since Calculating Infinity. Also, Miss Machine was DEP's worst album and this is easily better.
                            So how is an album that's one-third filler "easily" better than Miss Machine?

I don't understand why everyone think that DEP's original singer was so great. Calculating Infinity was a pretty good album, but I guess I'm just to slow to "understand" it's many layers and screaming which had absolutely NO range, whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by noose_and_nail View Post
                              So how is an album that's one-third filler "easily" better than Miss Machine?

I don't understand why everyone think that DEP's original singer was so great. Calculating Infinity was a pretty good album, but I guess I'm just to slow to "understand" it's many layers and screaming which had absolutely NO range, whatsoever.
                              Irony Is A Dead Scene EP still never ceases to amaze me!!! I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.

Comment

Working...
                              X