No announcement yet.

Vinyl Records and Record Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got NIN's The Downward Spiral and Ministry's Psalm 69 today on vinyl. Cant wait to hear them.

Comment

• I love Vinyle records, though i dont use mine nearly enough. They are so much cheaper and the sound is unmatched.Also those records that are limited edition: blod splattered, clear, or see through are always fun to just have.
      All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• I pretty much only listen to vinyls when I'm at home.

Was just listening to this

Comment

• Bought some 90's records...they were expensive because it is the first pressing, but now I have it.

Sound so damn fine.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Remastered classic album by At The Gates on red/white vinyl, now all mine.

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Picked up these beauties:

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

• Latest purchases:

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  Latest purchases:

Beautiful. I almost picked up their newest record recently... Probably will yet.

I'll post some of my recent vinyl purchases later today. I forgot this thread existed.

Comment

• Remastered by the renowned Music On Vinyl Company.
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I've got turntables but they are for mixing music, don't have any albums on vinyl. Would love to though.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                        Picked up these beauties:

On Vinyl? That's awesome!

We have a used record store in town and I finally visited just before Christmas.

Comment

• Collection snapshot and a few of my recent purchases.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                            Collection snapshot and a few of my recent purchases.

Motherf....
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• @Rev do you believe in the importance of packaged aesthetic when listening to an album or watching a movie for the first time? Obviously it doesn't change the quality (or lack thereof) of the project, but at the same time it's hard for me to buy into the vibe of an album or movie if the artwork is terrible.

Bold as Love for example looks cooky as shit on my phone in 2015... but I see your vinyl and it's like wow that looks beautiful.

Great album anyway and as I said doesn't really matter... just something I wonder about sometimes.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                                @Rev do you believe in the importance of packaged aesthetic when listening to an album or watching a movie for the first time? Obviously it doesn't change the quality (or lack thereof) of the project, but at the same time it's hard for me to buy into the vibe of an album or movie if the artwork is terrible.

Bold as Love for example looks cooky as shit on my phone in 2015... but I see your vinyl and it's like wow that looks beautiful.

Great album anyway and as I said doesn't really matter... just something I wonder about sometimes.
                                One of the thing I like about vinyls is the larger artwork. I guess I've never thought to myself "I don't like this album as much because I'm not crazy about the artwork." It's such a crapshoot now as to whether or not artwork is that important to a band/musician or not. I think cool artwork can help or maybe even kind of give an idea of what the group is going for sometimes. Doesn't matrer nearly as much for movie artwork for me.

So yeah sort of... for example as much as I adore the Beatles album Revolver and as classic as the artwork is I think it's not super telling of how colorful and layered and melodic the music itself is. All intentional I'm sure but sometimes it doesn't necessarily match the music itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X