Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark side of the moon: Official Pink Floyd Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love, love, LOVE Pink Flloyd.

favorite album is a tie between dark side of the moon, and wish you were here

favorite song would have to be comfortably numb, money, or wish you were here

I tried the "Dark side of the Rainbow" thing...it lines up pretty good, but it took us like a half an hour just to get it to start on que
    "Everything is true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters go."

Comment

Been trying to get into them now for their musicianship. I've only heard their The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon stuff.
      Recently watched films:

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
      The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
      Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
      Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
      The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
      Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
      Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
      Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

Comment

Get Animals and Wish You Were Here. Top 3 album material right there...

Comment

I would love to see a Syd Barrett biopic/film (based on his real life); it's such an interesting and sad story. It seems like a natural subject for an Oliver Stone film.

Comment

Pink Floyd is amazing.
            I get pissed off when the only song they play by them on the radio is Another Brick in The Wall.

Always a different part, but it's just sickening, considering they have so much more good fucking music.

Comment

Pink Floyd are one of the best Bands of all time. They are my favorite band too, I have tons of favorites though. Wish Pink Floyd would go on a tour again, but It wouldn't be the same without Syd and Richard.
              goodbye bloody disgusting

Comment

Top 3 Pink Floyd Albums:
                1. Animals
                2. Dark Side of the Moon
                3. Wish You Were Here
                I almost included Meddle for the simple fact that it has "Echoes" which is a fucking masterpiece of a song.

Comment

Having not listened to Floyd in about 3 years, I decided to give their albums a spin a couple of days ago and yet again I'm hooked on their incredible music.

Fucking amazing band.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                    Having not listened to Floyd in about 3 years, I decided to give their albums a spin a couple of days ago and yet again I'm hooked on their incredible music.

Fucking amazing band.
                    Floyd is still on heavy rotation in my life. Always will be.

Originally posted by stewietantrum View Post
                    I almost included Meddle for the simple fact that it has "Echoes" which is a fucking masterpiece of a song.
                    There was a time when a bunch of us were together in a "smoky" basement. We had Meddle on vinyl. Echoes got stuck on a nine minute loop-skip that no one fucking noticed...for over an hour.

"Dude, does this song ever end?"
                    "It's Echoes, you 'tard."
                    "I know, but its been on forever."
                    "Oh..the needle's stuck."

Ah....high school.
                    And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
                    And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
                    I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
                    to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

I've been hooked since my uncle introduced to me The Wall on cassette one summer when I was 12. My favortive songs are:

1. Comfortably Numb
                      2. Fletcher Memorial
                      3. Wish You Were Here
                      4. Have A Cigar
                      5. Time ...once the intro is over.
                      6. One Of My Turns
                      7. On The Turning Away.
                      sigpic

Comment

their experimental stuff is best. obscured by clouds. live in pompeii is the most amazing floyd collection ever. meddle kicks ass. not a huge fan of ummagumma, almost too fucked up. saucerful is awesome. anyone like the more soundtrack? now that rules.

fuck darkside. fuck the wall.

true floyd is all b sides.
                        www.myspace.com/cannibalcam
                        www.youtube.com/cannibalcam
                        www.moctalk.ca
                        www.myspace.com/brotherloosefilms
                        www.myspace.com/chronicaggression

Comment

"Us and Them" is probably my favorite on the album. It's just so smooth.

My favorite album has to be Animals though. Not only did I lose my virginity while it was blasting through the car's speakers, but I can jam out to the whole CD. I put it on all the way through and it amazes me every time.

Comment

Animals

Atom Heart Mother

A Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Meddle

Wish You Were Here

my favorite Pink Floyd albums

Comment

Originally posted by cannibalcam View Post
                              fuck darkside. fuck the wall.
                              Retarded statement if I ever saw one.

Comment

rented a moving truck a few weeks ago, was dreading having to listen to the radio all day (there isn't a solid station around here anymore). but the classic rock station was doing a Pink Floyd weekend, so it turned out just fine.

they went on with some history on the band, played some rare stuff. heard a deleted track from The Wall that i really like. called What Shall We Do Now (i think), sort of an extension of Empty Spaces. look it up if you haven't heard it. great track.

Comment

Working...
                                X