Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark side of the moon: Official Pink Floyd Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark side of the moon: Official Pink Floyd Thread!

I love Pink Floyd; In fact, they are my favorite band! Did any of you buy "oh by the way" pink floyd box set!

who is you favorite singer: Syd Barret, Roger Waters, or David Gilmour.
    I like them all but Syd Barret is my favorite!

What is your favorite album?

Did you see The wall movie? I would call it a horror movie!

My second favorite band of all time. Everything they did was amazing. I really have no use for the boxset since I have all the records anyway. I appreciated Syd's voice, but I loved Dave's singing and Roger's yell has this amazing "crazy person" sound to it that no one else has.

As for favorite record, it's a toss up between Wish You Were Here and Animals. The Wall is a little too "theatrical" for me, although it has some great songs.

Recent Movies:
    Kick-Ass - 9/10
    The Human Centipede - 7/10
    Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
    A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
    A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
    last.fm

Comment

Was never a fan of Flyod.

Comment

You like Velvet Revolver but don't like Floyd.

[insert Doc's Ari gif here]

Recent Movies:
        Kick-Ass - 9/10
        Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10

Facebook
        last.fm

Comment

Love 'em. The Wall's my favorite album.

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
            You like Velvet Revolver but don't like Floyd.

FiXXX'd

Comment

Never tire of the Floyd. Gilmour is my #1 choice but Syd and Roger are fantastic as well. Favorite album is a toss up between Dark Side, Meddle and Wish You Were Here.

Ahh, a classic by relsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_death View Post
                Never tire of the Floyd. Gilmour is my #1 choice but Syd and Roger are fantastic as well. Favorite album is a toss up between Dark Side, Meddle and Wish You Were Here.
                I love Gilmour's guitar playing, he has some of the best tone and tasteful vibrato ever. However, I'd have to say I enjoy Water's material more than Gilmour's. I just like his songs more. They haven't really been the same since he left.

Comment

Nothing compares in Floyd material than when Waters, Gilmour, Wright and I suppose Mason collaborated. Now, since Gilmour isn't the greatest writer and has a lot of help from his wife with the lyrical content, I'm not so much looking at that since post-split as I am at his still ever impressive guitar abilities, even on 'On An Island'. Seeing him play that live was so much better than listening to the CD. Were you able to catch Gilmour or Waters in concert?

Ahh, a classic by relsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_death View Post
                    Nothing compares in Floyd material than when Waters, Gilmour, Wright and I suppose Mason collaborated. Now, since Gilmour isn't the greatest writer and has a lot of help from his wife with the lyrical content, I'm not so much looking at that since post-split as I am at his still ever impressive guitar abilities, even on 'On An Island'. Seeing him play that live was so much better than listening to the CD. Were you able to catch Gilmour or Waters in concert?
                    Not yet. Hopefully, they'll decide to get together again for a farewell tour perhaps. Eh, even if not, I'd see either of them if given the chance. Cross those fingers.

Comment

It's hard to pick anything specific from "Meddle" to "The Wall" - all great stuff. Similarly Waters and Gilmour each had their moments of greatness. The Barrett-era just wasn't long enough for me to rank with the classic 70s run. And it feels like a completely different band to me. "Piper" is great though.

I saw Floyd a while ago for their "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour in the late 80s. Just Gilmour on vocals (though he tackled the Waters-sung songs too). Great concert, hitting most of the classic songs. And the best songs from the latest album didn't sound too out of place. I don't think I've ever seen so many tripping/high people concentrated in one place before (it was at a 65,000 stadium). And the giant flying pig was unleashed for the show

Comment

I thought On an Island was incredible. If it had the Pink Floyd name on it, I feel like it would be looked at as better than the past 3 albums they released.

As far as their solo material goes though, nothing can touch The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Recent Movies:
                        Kick-Ass - 9/10
                        Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10

Facebook
                        last.fm

Comment

I just wish they would have one final tour! I never got to see them live
                          It's ashame how bands split up!

Comment

Originally posted by travis83 View Post
                            Not yet. Hopefully, they'll decide to get together again for a farewell tour perhaps. Eh, even if not, I'd see either of them if given the chance. Cross those fingers.
                            Unfortunately, I think Live 8 was all we're going to get.

I saw Waters when he was out in Oakland last year. He can't hit the high notes like he used to (and hasn't be able since Pros and Cons). Still a killer show though, but watching the entire Dark Side of the Moon being performed with just Roger was kind of like watching a PF cover band when he wasn't able to sing Gilmour's parts.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbobutcher View Post
                              I just wish they would have one final tour! I never got to see them live
                              It's ashame how bands split up!
                              not quite as shameful as your continual improper usage of words. but hey.

David Gilmour is a genius with a guitar. nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

Working...
                              X